Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I got the other team's tank to tell me to kill myself in comp today while playing Orisa so I think she's probably fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Orisa isn't super OP.

Discord fucks her so hard. If any tank is OP right now, it's prob hog. He does too much damage. Winston probably has better overall value, though.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Veryslightlymad posted:

The Javelin is the stupidest ability in the game. Don't have to aim it, and it'll actually cancel abilities, such as Reinhardt ult.

If an Orisa is canceling your Reinhardt ult with javelin she frankly deserves to win.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Found an interesting interaction between Orisa and Rein.

Apparently Rain's Ult is an AoE from farther away, but up close it's a melee strike (that does 250 damage), and since it's a melee strike up close that means that Orisa can javelin spin it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Reins ult once killed my friend with a headshot icon in the obituary so unless that icon was bugged his close range ult strike can crit. Makes sense what with it being an overhead strike.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

BabyRyoga posted:

Discord fucks her so hard. If any tank is OP right now, it's prob hog. He does too much damage.

This is just the wildest opinion to me. I don't think i've seen any tank aside from junker queen get told they're throwing as much as a hog is after his 20th hook in a row gets blocked by bubble/shield

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
'Nother night 'nother set of wins with cool chill people with voice coms

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also once again telling my team "ignore tank let me tank fight them go kill other people" works 100% of the time

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

They buffed reins ult so that a direct bit with the hammer will do 250 damage and if it kills it shows as a crit. He's kind of a tank killer now, between that and his pin.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Rein always was the tank killer.*

*Except against the cowards that don't come to the hammer range.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I love Reinhardt's pin but with the increased turning radius I find myself accidentally scooting the enemy down the middle of roads instead of into walls. Whoops.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dogstile posted:

This is just the wildest opinion to me. I don't think i've seen any tank aside from junker queen get told they're throwing as much as a hog is after his 20th hook in a row gets blocked by bubble/shield

My experiences with Roadhogs are that either he's an unstoppable beast that I just can't put down or that I'm thankful for the hook to pull me in closer to kill him quicker.

I mean how good his supports are actually is probably the answer to this one.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Legendary 20$ skin.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

dogstile posted:

Tier lists usually assume the players are more than competent

oops assuming that we were talking about tier lists anyway. Never mind

But road is supposed to be really good now with zarya nerfed and kiriko still as strong as ever

oh I might as well post this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=931BIdwI0X4

whalestory fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 22, 2022

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jack Trades posted:

Legendary 20$ skin.

Glam or bust

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

As a tank main Road is my go-to if my DPS can't get picks, then you can pick off a DPS for them and try to snowball from there.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Jack Trades posted:

Legendary 20$ skin.

You can see the painstaking effort that went into making this

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
poo poo it's half off, I'd be losing money NOT buying it.

I've started watching this guy called Flats and he does a "skin check" on the submitted videos and in Overwatch 2 the answer is going be "I used the skin that was present in the battle pass. The one everyone got. I did not and could not choose the one I liked."

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I’ve watched a lot of ZBRA gunning for Rank 1 on Doomfist, and on more open maps with less corners and cover, Hog appears to be his worst nightmare.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Jack Trades posted:

Legendary 20$ skin.

loving laffo. Overwatch 1 had/has purple tier skins that do exactly the same. Pharah, baptiste, ana, etc.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Jack Trades posted:

Legendary 20$ skin.

maybe the correct call here is to invest in activision since this isn't going anywhere and is only going to get worse (until they do an apology season where the skins are worth $10 now instead of $20)

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

BabyRyoga posted:

Orisa isn't super OP.

Discord fucks her so hard.

I've had some weird lag recently so I started playing Torb QP, and I love melting an Orisa's big juicy head. Dink dink dink dead :)

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I think my favorite thing in this game is blasting a Dva when she stops to call back her mech and she dies during the animation

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dogstile posted:

Roadhog is less OP in the sense that you simply pick him and dominate games because you get value no matter what you do. You still have to have really good positioning and game sense to know when to go for hooks and track defensive cooldowns, and you still have to land crazy hooks. But he absolutely does too much damage. The fact that he can just walk up to pretty much any character in the game that isn't a tank and just one shot them with a primary fire shot is insane. He is also very anti other tank, except for maybe JQ who has a smaller hitbox.

All tanks probably do way too much damage, tbh. It's been said and parroted over and over again all season. The game is becoming way less fun to play because shooters are at core about taking duels. With OW2 being built around taking duels being a horrible idea in most situations because tanks do just as much damage as DPS but with about 3 times or more as much survivability, this becomes a pretty big problem. OP in the sense of how fun it is to play against something (also see Widow, for a historical example) vs OP in the sense of overall game balance can just be completely different things.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

dogstile posted:

there exists an elo where people can't outdamage hog's heal lol

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Think i'm done with this. every game feels like a blowout. had a match where i played from start to finish and still qualified for priority requeue. do i suck? sure. But something is off with this game.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

I think my favorite thing in this game is blasting a Dva when she stops to call back her mech and she dies during the animation

It is exactly two Reinhardt swings.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm kinda curious as to what people feel the ratio of meaningful games of OW where they felt like they had an impact and had a good time to waste of time games of OW is for the avg player.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It is exactly two Reinhardt swings.

i like to get her with the charged zenyatta ball

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i must have some super luck because every game i play has 3-4 other people on mic who are very chill and we always end up staying as team and at the end of the night i have 3 new friends :>

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

verbal enema posted:

i must have some super luck because every game i play has 3-4 other people on mic who are very chill and we always end up staying as team and at the end of the night i have 3 new friends :>

Literally has happened to me maybe twice in 6 or however many years this game has been around.

urea
Aug 18, 2013

Astrochicken posted:

Think i'm done with this. every game feels like a blowout. had a match where i played from start to finish and still qualified for priority requeue. do i suck? sure. But something is off with this game.

Yeah, I don't know if it's confirmation bias or what, but I feel like match quality is way lower compared to Overwatch 1. I even started playing competitive just to try to get better matches, when I'd usually chill in quick play classic, but the matches are unbearably bad now.

e: Actually I think it's the smaller team sizes making differences in individual skill average out less, and the one tank player on each team having much larger influence on the match's outcome than any other player. Both of these massively increase variance in match quality.

urea fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 23, 2022

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

BabyRyoga posted:

Literally has happened to me maybe twice in 6 or however many years this game has been around.

i am incredibly vocal in game and am normally pretty sipped up so just hopping on the mic and being like "yooo lets goooo" gets me to get everyone else to turn the team channel on

if no one wants to talk ill just call out enemys going to the back line i dont want to talk over the game

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

BabyRyoga posted:

I'm kinda curious as to what people feel the ratio of meaningful games of OW where they felt like they had an impact and had a good time to waste of time games of OW is for the avg player.

Probably about 50/50.

Last night I had a game where junkrat spent the entire round trying to shoot down an echo, ending the game with under 4k damage.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1595216169782255616

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Head looks like widow ult

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1595237193303425028

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

At least it's not another generic female model with different hairdo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Several people have now mentioned how Hog allegedly fucks up all the other tanks and it has me real confused.
As an Orisa main every time I see a Hog I'm happy to have gotten an easy matchup.