Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Orv posted:

The plot will likely be doled out for years to come which is pretty silly.

Ok, that's fine for whatever the grand arc of the whole game is intended to be. But come on, you can provide a little plot, as a treat, in the main game.

poo poo, even just a basic arc about how you gain the trust of the higher ups and move from being literal penal battalion cannon fodder to trusted operatives. Just, you know, with more writing than "I don't trust you now, but get a few lvls and maybe."

If only this game was based on an IP with some lore to draw on, or with obsessive fans and writers who could mine and reference it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Live Service Game.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So if I understand correctly, they only put out 1 new mission, with another tomorrow possibly, rather than the promised 4 due to bugs?

I mean, I do not blame them for doing what they need to do but I think I may play other games for now possibly until release. Don't really want to burn myself out here.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Cyrano4747 posted:

Also holy fuuuuuuuuck I hate the goddamned hub so much oh my loving god.

Load time after a mission in VT2 is like two seconds because I've got a decent computer. I can only assume I have enough time to get up and take a piss while the loading screen in DT is happening because they're waiting for some pubbie with a Tandy 2 to finish loading something. . . or something. I dunno, it's just annoying as hell and in no way, shape, or form does watching a bunch of randos I'll never interact with sprint to the mission board and then vanish into thin air make the load time worthwhile.

Did you even look around the ship? Weren't you also talinking earlier about boring environments, when simply telling a team mate to look up can leave them awestruck?

Look out the windows on the bridge, you can see the hive spire and valks ferrying teams to and from the surface.

poo poo is epic as gently caress.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

So if I understand correctly, they only put out 1 new mission, with another tomorrow possibly, rather than the promised 4 due to bugs?

I mean, I do not blame them for doing what they need to do but I think I may play other games for now possibly until release. Don't really want to burn myself out here.

Yeah. There’s four maps out of commission right now out of the eight that should be rotating.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Cyrano4747 posted:

Also, holy poo poo why did they bother with these cut scenes. I mean, maybe I'm just not seeing the cool ones with all the deep plot and lore etc yet because I'm only lvl 22 but every single loving one has been "we don't trust you, try hard at killing and maybe that will change."

There was more plot to be had from listening to Lohner talk poo poo and from piecing together the series of events in the linked missions.

A deep rich narrative, with a custom backstory!

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

S.J. posted:

Veterans make me face palm a lot in general because they'll roll around wasting ammo in random groups of one to 5 mooks they could easily smoke in melee by themselves and then complain about ammo. I have met maybe a handful of legitimately good vet players so far and it's easy to tell because they don't waste ammo or complain about LoS while I'm soloing an entire horde and just jump in with their shovel.

As someone ranking up my vet this is also annoying and the few times I've rolled a 4 vet squad I assume it'll be a wipe. Lol wasting ammo on dregs/poxwalkers; just axe them my friend!!!!

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Unlucky7 posted:

the water silo one is back too, which one did they take out from before patch?

e: come on store give me a new force sword :(

Martout fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 22, 2022

Orv
May 4, 2011

Martout posted:

the water silo one is back too, which one did they take out from before patch?

If the water silo is back then the radio, hab scan and vigil station (I forget which one that is) are currently out.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

Also, holy poo poo why did they bother with these cut scenes. I mean, maybe I'm just not seeing the cool ones with all the deep plot and lore etc yet because I'm only lvl 22 but every single loving one has been "we don't trust you, try hard at killing and maybe that will change."

There was more plot to be had from listening to Lohner talk poo poo and from piecing together the series of events in the linked missions.

It's extra frustrating because it's multiplayer so your choice is either: don't skip the cutscene but don't hear it over voice chat + people yelling at you to skip the cutscene to do another level, or skip the cutscene and miss it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Internet Explorer posted:

https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status/1595003807360073728

Shame, I quite like his reviews and I think he's usually pretty forgiving for bugginess.

It isn't that buggy? I'm running a 2070 so my graphics aren't ultra ray tracking or anything but the only real bugs I've seen are server instability and some weird enemy movement with specials.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

CuddleCryptid posted:

It isn't that buggy? I'm running a 2070 so my graphics aren't ultra ray tracking or anything but the only real bugs I've seen are server instability and some weird enemy movement with specials.

some people for whatever reason literally can't play the game atm, it varies wildly

e: I've only had a single disconnect and that's it, no crashes, but the game is very unstable for some hardware configurations

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

CuddleCryptid posted:

Lucky you!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Chainclaw posted:

It's extra frustrating because it's multiplayer so your choice is either: don't skip the cutscene but don't hear it over voice chat + people yelling at you to skip the cutscene to do another level, or skip the cutscene and miss it.

Sounds like you need different multiplayer friends.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

CuddleCryptid posted:

Server instability, crashing, etc etc is filed under the 'buggy' category. It's real bad for a lot of people.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

CuddleCryptid posted:

It is really buggy. I don't think I have it the worst but it still pretty consistently crashes usually right at the start or end of a mission.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Martout posted:

some people for whatever reason literally can't play the game atm, it varies wildly

e: I've only had a single disconnect and that's it, no crashes, but the game is very unstable for some hardware configurations

Today at least I literally can't walk down the hallway to the mission hub without a disconnect or all the assets becoming invisible so all I see is the skystarbox.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

CuddleCryptid posted:

The bugginess is allllll over the place as far as severity.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Kobal2 posted:

Play according to my needs for me, the protagonist of this multiplayer game.

I don't know how to tell you that when there is a sniper or gunner Very Far Away, you need to move so the person with the long range gun can shoot them. At the very least, walking THROUGH someone who is scoped in is bad form, especially when they've tagged their target as the scope comes up.

Way to take my statement in the worst possible faith.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

S.J. posted:

The bugginess is allllll over the place as far as severity.

It's really weird too; people on here will have about the same hardware as me and literally can't play, but I've only had like 2 disconnects. I hope they can fix that

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

BrotherJayne posted:

Did you even look around the ship? Weren't you also talinking earlier about boring environments, when simply telling a team mate to look up can leave them awestruck?

Look out the windows on the bridge, you can see the hive spire and valks ferrying teams to and from the surface.

poo poo is epic as gently caress.

Yep. Two things can be true.

The levels are bland and boring, visually. Mostly because they’re all shades of grey with some brown highlights. One of the reasons the new level is such a breath of fresh air is because, gasp, there is some red in it.

But that’s a totally different issue. The ship could be the most visually compelling thing ever made, digital or physical, and it wouldn’t change the fact that it takes way too long to load for something that, once you’ve played the game for more than an hour, you’re sprinting through ASAP on the way to the mission board.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Kaddish posted:

Server instability, crashing, etc etc is filed under the 'buggy' category. It's real bad for a lot of people.

Perhaps I'm just calloused towards those kinds of things from years of beta testing mmos and such but my idea of a major bug would be in the realm of "frag grenade throw distance accidentally defaults to zero feet and devs don't know why" or "zealot charge that impact terrain clips hee through the map and crashes instance". But if people can't open the game at all then that makes more sense.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

CuddleCryptid posted:

He's normally more than fair. If he's saying it's buggy for him, then I believe it.

Hell, the devs just tweeted asking you not to sort the weapons in the store as it causes crashes.

https://twitter.com/DarktideComms/status/1595137467661058048

Orv
May 4, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

Perhaps I'm just calloused towards those kinds of things from years of beta testing mmos and such but my idea of a major bug would be in the realm of "frag grenade throw distance accidentally defaults to zero feet and devs don't know why" or "zealot charge that impact terrain clips hee through the map and crashes instance". But if people can't open the game at all then that makes more sense.

Every hotfix so far has introduced a new way for my game to stop working or menu kick me, it's pretty neat.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

He's normally more than fair. If he's saying it's buggy for him, then I believe it.

Hell, the devs just tweeted asking you not to sort the weapons in the store as it causes crashes.

I didn’t realize you could change the sorting and also lol.

And yeah ShillUp is a solid reviewer and always fair in his criticism.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

look he specifically said frag grenade throw distance being zero this isn't that, game set match

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

apostateCourier posted:

I don't know how to tell you that when there is a sniper or gunner Very Far Away, you need to move so the person with the long range gun can shoot them. At the very least, walking THROUGH someone who is scoped in is bad form, especially when they've tagged their target as the scope comes up.

The ogryn's job is to be in front of you.

In front of you to catch shots meant for you. In front of you to block hordes and zerkers and shotgunners and dogs and maulers from your paper-thin rear end. In front of you because IF THEY ARE BEHIND YOU THEY AREN'T DOING ANYTHING - their weapons are all short range and their ult is about... going in front of you to sock snipers and gunners. In the face. So they stop shooting at you.
And no, they can't "just hug the wall" because they're in melee. So, dodging this way and that and trying no to get trapped.

Learn to deal with that (and to move *your* paper thin rear end to the side or up above), your blood pressure will thank you. Don't be a Kerillian main, man.

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 22, 2022

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
FInally got my first grenadier gauntlet after a week of knives and clubs and ripperguns

I love this thing

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I do appreciate that they write their software update Tweets like a tech priest.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

So far I'm better at sniping out specials with my heavy stubber, or hell even ripper guns, than almost any vet I've played with and I'm hoping that changes.

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

The levels are bland and boring, visually. Mostly because they’re all shades of grey with some brown highlights. One of the reasons the new level is such a breath of fresh air is because, gasp, there is some red in it.

It's a shame, I think they look *really* good when ray tracing is cranked up. But the regular lighting isn't great, which should've been the priority.

With all the issues, I've still played this beta more than I played VT2 at all, so I hope they keep working on it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Neat little detail I noticed while testing out some staffs in the meatgrinder: If you hit enemies with the standard bolt from the staff, sometimes it burns away their clothing and skin in that area, and leaves this:

Probably not something you'd really notice in-game, but I appreciate the attention to detail.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Neat little detail I noticed while testing out some staffs in the meatgrinder: If you hit enemies with the standard bolt from the staff, sometimes it burns away their clothing and skin in that area, and leaves this:

Probably not something you'd really notice in-game, but I appreciate the attention to detail.

And if you use a force sword you also sometimes get the same effect in a linear slashing pattern, too!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

apostateCourier posted:

They say, assuming I've got a literal eye in the back of my head. I'll have you know that's a mutation good person and I'll not have any mutants in my regiment.

Guess what? If there's a sniper and I'm in front, I'm the target so you'll get your shot either when I dash to break line of sight, or I get smoked. If it has to die now and you don't have the shot, the front line will figure their poo poo out pretty quick or they'll get tuned up. If you didn't have line of sight and it still died then it wasn't imperative that you absolutely had to have the shot (I. E. My saying that if the ogryn is in the way its the ogryn's problem, because it is. Give him a chance, he may surprise you yet. ). If I'm far enough ahead to matter, you can literally take a step to the left or right and have your shot.

Also, if for example, I'm catching sniper bolts on my shield. That's not me blocking your shot, that's me setting you up to countersnipe unmolested. Please adjust.

I say this as someone who played way more bounty hunter in Vermintide than is rightly healthy - sometimes your sight line is obscured to getting a gunner. Even in very frustrating ways like 'I strafe, you strafe, we strafe'. Thems the breaks and that's not just a *tide problem, it's literally something I've dealt with in every coop shooter.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 22, 2022

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

Check out what a chain sword does, especially on ogrins. Sheets of skin hanging down from neck wounds.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
The latest overview trailer released has some small bits about crafting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b4MOrrqdkA

In the trailer is mentioned upgrading rarity as well as refining "blessings and perks"

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That all looks neat but please fix the stat UI so we can actually make meaningful comparisons between weapons.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
you ogryns thinking "my job is to die" need to practice self-care smdh :(

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that's what us zealots are for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Molestadore
Apr 2, 2005

Time to die hero
Patch made the game MORE unstable for myself and the two friends I play with. Just Fatshark things I guess..