Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

https://twitter.com/Subscriptions/status/1595151870477029376

I guess it’s a better name for something nobody remembers exists.

the what is called what?

e: the snipe is called terrible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Subscriptions are just like superfollows, but less woke. Weekly report complete!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Wild as gently caress man. lay it on me twits.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Yes, he's cozying up to "moderates" like... *looks at notes*... Marge Greene. :rolleyes:

Also:

"If you're independent-minded, you'll vote for Republicans. :smuggo:"

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Lucky Guy posted:

the what is called what?

e: the snipe is called terrible?

a lotta yall still dont get it

account holders can use multiple subscription follows on a single tweet

so if you have 1 twitter account and 3 super followers you can create 3 subscriptions

Tonight's Musk code review event is essentially a minting event for both Musk Bucks and $8 Checkmarks

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
CEOs who miss the old ways of work empathize with Elon Musk’s ‘hardcore’ tactics. They’re ‘tired of all the whining’

https://fortune.com/2022/11/22/ceos-secretly-support-elon-musk-twitter-tactics/

Elon Musk has made some enemies since taking over Twitter, including at least half of Twitter’s (now former) staff and Twitter users who believe the platform is dying. Yet, some more traditional CEOs are warming up to Musk’s ways.

The Tesla CEO has become a figurehead for peers who are tired of workers’ new emphasis on work-life balance and their employees’ desire to disengage from hustle culture, reports Callum Borchers of The Wall Street Journal. “I think every successful CEO, including myself, is tired of all the whining,” Michael Friedman, chief executive of the New York investment firm First Level Capital, told Borchers. 

Workers have placed a newfangled emphasis on flexibility and work-life balance in the era of remote work that they want to hold onto as bosses push for an office return. When offered the chance to work from home, 87% grabbed at it according to a survey from McKinsey this past June.

Managers have tried out being “the nice guy” for a couple of years as the workforce relaxed into sweatpants and Zoom calls during the pandemic. But it’s getting stale for leaders like Musk who are over the new way of work. He’s able to play by a different rulebook than other CEOs, Borchers writes, who are watching Musk’s “hardcore” tactics from the sidelines and wishing they could act the same. Friedman admitted that the lack of zeroes behind his name prohibits him from having the leverage Musk does.

It’s all part of the “do-gooder fatigue” that some bosses are experiencing, an executive headhunter told The Financial Times: These days, ”the feeling is, we need to get back to business.” 

They believe they were nice for the last several years?

Won't someone think of the CEO's.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
lol forever that trump is the trashiest rich person ever but is outclassing elon musk. honestly didnt even know it was possible for trump to outclass anybody

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

a lotta yall still dont get it

account holders can use multiple subscription follows on a single tweet

so if you have 1 twitter account and 3 super followers you can create 3 subscriptions

Tonight's Musk code review event is essentially a minting event for both Musk Bucks and $8 Checkmarks

oh ghod please let this happen.
Yeah all those ceo's just itching to emulate musk and crater their poo poo.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

The Last Call posted:

CEOs who miss the old ways of work empathize with Elon Musk’s ‘hardcore’ tactics. They’re ‘tired of all the whining’

Elon Musk has made some enemies since taking over Twitter, including at least half of Twitter’s (now former) staff and Twitter users who believe the platform is dying. Yet, some more traditional CEOs are warming up to Musk’s ways.

The Tesla CEO has become a figurehead for peers who are tired of workers’ new emphasis on work-life balance and their employees’ desire to disengage from hustle culture, reports Callum Borchers of The Wall Street Journal. “I think every successful CEO, including myself, is tired of all the whining,” Michael Friedman, chief executive of the New York investment firm First Level Capital, told Borchers. 

Workers have placed a newfangled emphasis on flexibility and work-life balance in the era of remote work that they want to hold onto as bosses push for an office return. When offered the chance to work from home, 87% grabbed at it according to a survey from McKinsey this past June.

Managers have tried out being “the nice guy” for a couple of years as the workforce relaxed into sweatpants and Zoom calls during the pandemic. But it’s getting stale for leaders like Musk who are over the new way of work. He’s able to play by a different rulebook than other CEOs, Borchers writes, who are watching Musk’s “hardcore” tactics from the sidelines and wishing they could act the same. Friedman admitted that the lack of zeroes behind his name prohibits him from having the leverage Musk does.

It’s all part of the “do-gooder fatigue” that some bosses are experiencing, an executive headhunter told The Financial Times: These days, ”the feeling is, we need to get back to business.” 

Mask off, baby. The only reason they haven’t turned your workplace into a toxic hellhole and demanded everything is because they don’t have enough zeroes behind their name. drat these workers and their whining about “proper pay” and “unionizing”

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

The Last Call posted:

“I think every successful CEO, including myself, is tired of all the whining,” Michael Friedman, chief executive of the New York investment firm First Level Capital, told Borchers. 

Ohhhhh gently caress off and die, Mike. Just gently caress off and die.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
lol imagine losing $100,000,000,000

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

The Last Call posted:

LMAO, The Onion does it again!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Elon Musk Has Reportedly Been Hiding That SBF Secretly Owns Part of Twitter

Hmm.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Now why would he be doing that? :thunk:

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Catastrophe posted:

Yes, he's cozying up to "moderates" like... *looks at notes*... Marge Greene. :rolleyes:
Now that she's newly single, maybe they can get in on one of those baby-making pacts that he has and she can birth the future *legal heir to the presidency with his monetary backing.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

While funny, this would mean SBF owns approx 0.2 percent of Twitter, basically nothing.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
elon musk trying to fulfill his dream of being a space slug so large that he has to start up an anti-grav barge company just to tow his corpulent slug rear end around

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol yeah I’m sure you can bully Amazon into a better deal

You can, depends on how much you spend with them.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

just lmao that Musk is about to be grifted

you can see it coming a mile away

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Elon420DogeLord posted:

hey everyone! I am new here this looks like a cool, chill relaxing spot!! I heard there was a lot of chatter here, but, after reading most of the last 412 pages overnight on a combination of adderall and Hardcore Buisness Sense, you're dumb fucks who do not understand, at all, the GRAVITY and IMPORTANCE of what is happening at twitter.

this is a revolution happening, it is not televised, it's happening! Sam Bankman got Fried trying to stop this, nothing is stopping this, and Tesla is gonna buy this website too.

just relax! Be chill, (don't) be (overtly) racist and keep those dog whistles close at hand and we can all have fun!

I am a cool dude! I like weed! I once had sex with a POPULAR MUSIC PRODUCER. You people are nothing

edit: if anyone threatens me I am loving calling my ((lawyer)) and you can be god drat sure they make more in a day than you do in a miserable year

What a clever gimmick. You sure made me mad!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

The Last Call posted:

"Tired of all the whining" the CEOs whine as their companies are at their highest productivity and making record profits.

Legit starting to think that capitalists just get hard from human misery

Omnitrix
Aug 14, 2008

Jacob likes air cooled VW's

idiotsavant posted:

elon musk trying to fulfill his dream of being a space slug so large that he has to start up an anti-grav barge company just to tow his corpulent slug rear end around

God Emperor Leto II used a wheeled cart, despite hover tech's availability. He found the wheels "amusing"

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mastodon has a Woj tweet bot poster now, I can't ever escape :negative:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tea Party Crasher posted:

"Tired of all the whining" the CEOs whine as their companies are at their highest productivity and making record profits.

Obviously they could get more money if it wasn’t for lazy workers

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

"I'm tired of my car breaking down all the time, my car should just work better" says man who hasn't replaced the oil in over 8,000 miles and has filled the entire back seat plus the trunk with cinder blocks

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

The Last Call posted:

Fortunately you can just wait a bit and Elon will lose those zeroes, and then maybe you'll understand why most successful tech companies don't use Elon's "hardcore" tactics!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Always have. Got to constantly watch for competition any form from the peons under them, and if you're not working, you're not making/earning money. And that's weakness and laziness.

Numbers must Go Up.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Reminder that the dude could've spent multiple billions on therapy to realise his self worth didn't have to come from being cool on the internet and dealing with the fact his dad didn't love him, then hosed off to be an anonymous billionaire partying on a yacht for the rest of his days and instead he chose this.

Hell, loads of people thought he was cool right up to his twitter purchase.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

sharknado slashfic posted:

Mastodon has a Woj tweet bot poster now, I can't ever escape :negative:

What's woj

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

mus k pining for trump with hes dick in his hand all limp and noodly -- how pathetic can a mman be?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Here it says that Binance did contributed with 500 million. So now the cryptoscammers own part of Twitter.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Ha!

https://twitter.com/rustycohl/status/1595137452674801664

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
Me, the head of an investment bank: "Hmm, what is wrong with this firm? *gasp* "It's me! I'm too nice!"

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

nm wats wojs with u

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Omnitrix posted:

God Emperor Leto II used a wheeled cart, despite hover tech's availability. He found the wheels "amusing"

ill confess; i got about 4 pages past his introduction as an omnipotent space slug and didnt read another word

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Did his dad tell him that the emerald mine's staff ate up 90% of the profits

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

What "Conspiracy theories" does Kim.com think Alex Jones was right about? Going to assume the word "blood" is involved

He's escaped a lot of attention, but Kim is a lot closer to the mess than people might think.

The precursor to Qanon was FBIanon, and the precursor to FBIanon was MegaAnon, and MegaAnon was an op for Kim's site, MegaUpload.

He's connected to the crew that kicked all this poo poo off, through things like Unity4J as well.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Unity4 JOs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Catastrophe posted:

Also:

"If you're independent-minded, you'll vote for Republicans. :smuggo:"

This is the same thing that every "I'm very smart" 14 year old thinks