Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

FartingBedpost posted:

Unsubstantiated rumors below:

NMSU player got catfished, went to UNM campus to meet with the fake girl;
UNM students try to Tonya Harding or rob the player, one student gets killed by the player and another student shoots the player.

Again, all of this is just word of mouth rn, and APD aren’t unlikely suspects considering how often they enjoy shooting random people.

https://twitter.com/geoffgrammer/status/1594487896752283648?s=46&t=hqUlQwUfqlzov2PUPq5HVQ

Welp the girl was real, that’s hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

that's fuckin' nuts

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Man that's like some murder podcast poo poo.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Keep an eye on Michigan-Ohio because:

https://twitter.com/Alex_Drain/status/1594512587789565959?t=yuWofN-RwwRi-8Vb6JKQZA&s=19

Down 5 to Ohio (the regular Ohio) at the under-8 with Ohio on the line for 2.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Michigan won in overtime, and I wouldn't have minded losing to spite the annoying bros behind me and to my left, but lmaooooo look at this poo poo:

https://twitter.com/ConfirmedShoot/status/1594520469805441029?t=7Qs4X9D3qNA5cSlBrtoGdA&s=19

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
At one point in the second half, Houston had 12 fouls to Oregon's 0, with Oregon's first not coming until the 1:19 mark :psyduck:

Houston still won by 10 in Eugene

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

That's insane, does Peake have any beef with UNM fans. And I want to know what the meetup was supposed to be that Peake decided to bring a gun.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Ungratek posted:

Illinois UVA has been a really good game. Whole tourney has been fun

Tempting fate by positing that UNC in particular is massively overrated and possibly Duke aside the ACC is very mediocre once again and primed for a UVA run. Beekman is a whole new player now, Franklin’s been great, and Vander Plas looks like the mobile, rebounding big they’ve really been missing. Potentially an extremely balanced team especially if the first-years develop.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

That's insane, does Peake have any beef with UNM fans. And I want to know what the meetup was supposed to be that Peake decided to bring a gun.

gonna go with “drugs” in big rear end letters

elentar fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 21, 2022

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Houston up to 2 and UVA up to 5, I'm probably going to drive down from DC for that game

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

curried lamb of God posted:

Houston up to 2 and UVA up to 5, I'm probably going to drive down from DC for that game

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Houston has an interesting game with St. Mary’s before then and I kinda expect Virginia to lose either at Michigan or at home in a classic trap game against JMU but still, decent chance they both make it to that game unbeaten. JPJ is a great environment. Drop a line if you need food or other recommendations.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

elentar posted:

Houston has an interesting game with St. Mary’s before then and I kinda expect Virginia to lose either at Michigan or at home in a classic trap game against JMU but still, decent chance they both make it to that game unbeaten. JPJ is a great environment. Drop a line if you need food or other recommendations.

Thanks man, I'll let you know if I manage to get tickets! I've been living up here for nearly 4 years and still haven't made it to Charlottesville, so I'm looking forward to visiting.

When we jump to the Big XII, our closest opponent is going to be West Virginia, but I've been lucky enough to go to our NCAA tournament game against Illinois in Pittsburgh and our game against St. Joseph's in Annapolis last week. If not against UVA, I hope we can keep some non-conference series with other east coast teams...

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I think UH got away with one last night. Oregon was so big they just bullied Houston, to the point that UH got outrebounded in the way they usually do to others. They're a little smaller than last year's team but more athletic, this might not be the last time this happens. However going 50% from 3 hides all the blemishes and if Terrence Arceneaux keeps playing like this UH is going to have two lottery picks.

Last time Houston was #2 was February 1984.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

He was involved in a fight at the football game this year where he might’ve jumped a group of UNM students that included the guy who got killed. Seems like this was planned revenge. And it seems like the group planning to assault him was using the girl as a booty call or something. Pretty hosed up.

https://twitter.com/geoffgrammer/status/1594758072928415744?s=46&t=dlZk0ez5r272YdPFjL8uhw

Not sure if he knew that the booty call was suspicious so he decided to bring his gun or what. And then there’s the question of did he bring the gun on the team bus or did he get it from someone else.

It’s a bad look for NMSU athletics but also a terrible look for UNM in general. The UNM basketball team is like, the only thing untouched by this mess.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Why did they choose that buzzer sound in the Maui invitational

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Also Ohio State can't play defense

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Of course Cincinnati goes on a run the second I tune in.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Tubelis is like the extremely poor man's James Worthy.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
this unlv game is on too late

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Rick, you hyped?

https://twitter.com/jonschaeffer/status/1595104099372257280?t=GhHukRoqoAX7AWLDF4a64Q&s=19

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

I am! I might have to work though )-=

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Rick posted:

I am! I might have to work though )-=

I hope you are available! I would like a posting buddy tonight

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hello buddy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

hello buddy

Get out of here, you already cursed my qb

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ok

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Legend has it that Purdue will never play basketball again

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Bad start for the hogs

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I know Maui usually gets some good teams, but this year seems especially stacked.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Bad start for the hogs

Anthony Black is really good at basketball

E: also those blocks by Walsh and Brazile were clean

Double edit: lmao getting jobbed by the refs in Maui good lord

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 23, 2022

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

I know Maui usually gets some good teams, but this year seems especially stacked.

It really is

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

gently caress the refs

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

gently caress the refs

Absolutely insane whistle. Like we are playing Duke at Cameron or something.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Louisville seems to have given up, this year could get real long for them.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

This game is intense

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Good game outside of ref fuckery

chaoslord posted:

Anthony Black is really good at basketball

He owns, can’t wait to see more from him

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm going to be kind of annoyed if northwestern loses to loving liberty. we're all wildcats tonight!!!!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hell yeah, gently caress off liberty

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Big boy dunk

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

hell yeah, gently caress off liberty

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SDSU used all their points up last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The UNM-NMSt thing reminded me, I don't watch it but always wondered did one of the Law & Orders ever do a "ripped from the headlines" episode riffing on the Baylor basketball murder?

Auburn looks fine but is still in the experimenting with lineups stage; Johni Broome has had a bad ankle limiting him but looks like a monster when he's going 100%.