Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My favourite part of Ghost Song was talking to all the people and I looked forward to doing the rounds after every plot progression, much like Night in the Woods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the only other time I've heard of Nintendo issuing refunds was for Pillars of Eternity, which is an incredibly busted port and the company who released it literally went "gently caress it, not gonna bother fixing this"

Scarlet/Violet are chock full of jank, weird slowdowns, and hitching, but are also the most fun I've had playing Pokemon in years, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I very much doubt they would give a refund so yeah questioning that as well.

I'm running around in the early regions and yeah catching stuff is still fun. Like a slower Dragon quest monsters that plays a little bit worse and has worse monster designs but a better overworld

The performance is definitely impacting how much I'm enjoying the game, like I'll get used to it. Then I'll get some really nasty drops or a dumb visual glitch that bring me back down. The textures in hilly brown areas are insanely bad haha looks like a PS1 game (this is not hyperbole)

Despite this, I'm still having a good time showing off random pokémon to friends. I also think that leveling up from catching monsters is pretty cool, gives me the vibe that they really do encourage you to go chase whatever goals you want to. Which for me is really just going around and collecting as many Digimon as possible. Gym battles haven't been too fun they're ok. The two minigames I've done so far for them were kind of dumb and felt tacked on, but I guess it's a nice change of pace

My biggest wants for the game:
-fix the loving camera speed
-can we add a fast battles or skip animations option?
-more frames plz
-why the gently caress does my motorcycle pokemon not use its wheels? Is this some sort of joke?

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 22, 2022

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
edit: actually just gonna post this in the tactics ogre thread

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 22, 2022

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I got a refund for the collection of Mana because the pixel scaling bugged me. It’s not that hard

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I just call my uncle, and he sorts it out
:smug:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

KingSlime posted:

My biggest wants for the game:
-fix the loving camera speed
-can we add a fast battles or skip animations option?
-more frames plz
-why the gently caress does my motorcycle pokemon not use its wheels? Is this some sort of joke?

You can address two of these right now! Press R in the general direction of a wild Pokemon, and the 'mon in your lead slot will pop out of their ball and proceed to massacre anything in range. You may have to press it again to remind them to keep their mind on murder, because they can get distracted, but you don't have to directly battle anything unless you want to catch it.

For the second thing, this is fixed by buying the superior purple color. :smug: The Violet motorcycle dragon uses its wheels.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The weirdest thing is every Pokemon game has had a skip battle animations option except this one. Like, I'd argue that would make battles run better! wth.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
The motorcycle thing is very offensive to me. It looks like my magical lizard has a big ball sack between its legs as it gallops around like an idiot. Meanwhile, my friends are cruising around in a proper motorcycle, making fun of my discount digimon

Thanks for the tip on auto battle though! I accidentally triggered that it was wondering what it was all about. I hope they add a skip animations option soon though, It's fun to see them for the first few times, but the pro move to turn those off ASAP in games like these and fire emblem

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Some more thoughts on Ghost Song, these are all plot/theme related. I'm about to return the final spaceship part, so I think I'm fairly close(?) to the end

You play as a deadsuit, who is clearly a robot or something, but doesn't seem to want to know if she is or not. Dreams about riding on a tortoise. I wonder if there's a corpse inside her?

There's a sapient robot character that became aware while she was caring for an old guy. When she did become aware, she spaced out for 5 days, causing the old guy's death. She fled, and the old guy's family sent a bounty hunter to collect her.
The bounty hunter used to be nice to her before she became aware, now he's hunting her ruthlessly. He's a dickhead and attacked me because I talked to him too much so I killed him

There's a human(?) character that wants to be an inventor/tinkerer, but she sucks at it. One of the upgrades she gives you does the opposite of what it's supposed to. Eventually she decides to channel her creative drive into something else: being an artist

There's a sapient robot that's falling apart so she's building a new body. So she's musing over what will be different about her new body, what she'll miss from her old body, what parts to use for the new body, etc. She doesn't have a choice, she has to change. This robot became sapient by a method in which robots are sent into the woods on sort of a walkabout? I think?

There's a human man who used to be a dancer, but now he has to be the captain/leader, though he doesn't like that designation

There's a human man who is a poet and sells you stuff for a currency he doesn't even know what to do with. He even mentions he should just give you the supplies for free, but he loves to barter or something, and the deadsuit says sure she doesn't mind. gently caress you idiots

The survivors' crashed spaceship AI talks to you, but I don't get much out of these conversations

There's a human girl talking about going to college. Her sister died in the crash. Don't remember much else about her but she's occasionally out and about and you run into her in your travels

There's a sapient robot that talks about the greater lore of the game, explaining the bugs came from another planet and there are ghosts in the sun and a bunch of other weird stuff.

Another sapient robot that likes to kill the bugs, but wants to be able to communicate with them. I guess he went too far cause I came across his corpse, thanks for the hammer buddy

There's a human lady that got her legs busted up in the crash. She's moody and is trying to figure out what to do about the static field, she seems afraid of failing everyone

There is a severed head of a robot that is a bit of a loony and wants to find her body to either repair it or at least bury it. But she turns down the deadsuit's offer to help

A common theme in the game appears to be a change in one's life and how you handle it. Also facing your own personal truth, and facing expectations (either societal or self imposed).

Like I mentioned before, the game is more interesting to think about than play. Finally, I have not once seen the deadsuit put an enemy into a headlock and stick her blaster arm into its mouth, what the hell are we even doing people??

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

KingSlime posted:

The motorcycle thing is very offensive to me. It looks like my magical lizard has a big ball sack between its legs as it gallops around like an idiot. Meanwhile, my friends are cruising around in a proper motorcycle, making fun of my discount digimon

Thanks for the tip on auto battle though! I accidentally triggered that it was wondering what it was all about. I hope they add a skip animations option soon though, It's fun to see them for the first few times, but the pro move to turn those off ASAP in games like these and fire emblem

I think you get less experience if your pokemon takes care of combat on its own, but this is balanced out by the fact that it can annihilate four monsters in the time it takes you to go through a single round of combat.

The motorcycle thing was fun for me to discover, as I was talking to my GF who got Violet, and mentioned "Yeah it's weird that the motorbike has wheels but just kinda runs around." and she just whirled around and said "Yours runs?" and that's when I discovered my motorbike is an abomination to god.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I was convinced I just had to unlock the wheel feature or something at first but nope, that's just how it is

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

There's an exploit for generating shiny Pokemon. If Nintendo's slow to patch, might as well make the most of it!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
a shiny actively hunted is no shiny at all, some may say

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Looper posted:

yuuup

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
The Black Friday eshop sale is pathetic.

Put Famicom Detective Club on sale you cowards!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Looper posted:

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Are these Danganronpa games worth playing? The first one is only a few bucks. From my understanding they’re visual novels mainly right?

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Social Animal posted:

Are these Danganronpa games worth playing? The first one is only a few bucks. From my understanding they’re visual novels mainly right?

They've got some Ace Attorney investigation prompts, but yeah pretty much a visual novel with "bonus" high schooler murder because that's a thing.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Social Animal posted:

They're amazing and the first one at that price is a no-brainer

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Social Animal posted:

They're extremely good if you like ace attorney style investigation and court battles and poo poo. You must be willing to tolerate anime, but other than that they're some of my favorites of the genre.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Social Animal posted:

They're mostly a VN with social stuff and deduction games.

The writing is really good, even if they do the anime thing of repeating themselves a lot.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Danganronpa is so good it made me learn to tolerate dumb anime bullshit

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Social Animal posted:

They can be a bit divisive (I really like them, got the fancy collector's edition release, but sometimes they're a bit much) but the first one should give you a good idea how you'll feel about the rest of the series.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like the first one, the second one is mediocre, i love the third one but its intentionally very divisive and kind of mean-spirited

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is trigger happy havoc the one to start with? Because it’s $2.99 and that’s the one I just bought

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

trigger happy havoc is the first game yea

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is trigger happy havoc the one to start with? Because it’s $2.99 and that’s the one I just bought

Yeah that's the first one.

Overall the series is absolutely anime, but if you have tolerance for that it's a wacky fun murder mystery romp. I mean, it did cause an uproar back in the day when the LP translation introduced the series to the west and caused Tumblr users to share SA accounts to read the updates and Lowtax to put up the paywall more frequently, so it does something right.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Endorph posted:

i like the first one, the second one is mediocre, i love the third one but its intentionally very divisive and kind of mean-spirited

This is nuts because the second game is the best!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

KingSlime posted:

I was convinced I just had to unlock the wheel feature or something at first but nope, that's just how it is

what

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

This is how I generally feel. I really liked the third one but I absolutely understand why people didn't.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

My motorcycle dragon doesn't motorcycle

Filing a chargeback with Visa as we speak

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I really like Danganronpa 2. They’re all good

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

The Kins posted:

Prepare yourself for TERROR INSTINCT

https://twitter.com/tgm_series/status/1594964939600703488

gently caress yes. Kind of want to get a Switch converter for my arcade stick now.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What's that got that I can't get from Tetris Effect or Tetris 99? Don't get me wrong. I can always get more Tetris.

I'm good at it but not godly, I have no intention on being a Grandmaster.

It's for when you start getting bored of always getting first place in T99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_b6H8dHHm0

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

[Boomhauer voice] Dang ol’ ronpa, man

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dragon Ron Paul

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Drag on, Ru Paul

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Danganronpa means Truth Bullet and finding that out blew my mind

With a truth bullet

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

drat that good? Alright I’ll check the first game out thanks guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Anyone pull the trigger on Oregon Trail?