Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Traveller posted:

I kinda set Genshin aside for now but I think you should know that Wanderer in the Spanish localization was rendered as Trotamundos.

You know. Globetrotter.

Actually reading every single version of the name they really should have called English's wanderer vagrant instead and spanish vagabundo. All of them seem to fit better like this and its just the english and spanish ones that are kinda hosed

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
With so much variation in Dendro and EM teams, I really think we need artifact sets we can save and label to quickly swap.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Team loadouts need to support specific artifacts being equipped on the characters in them, yeah.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Tsyni posted:

With so much variation in Dendro and EM teams, I really think we need artifact sets we can save and label to quickly swap.
Yeah, now that we have more than 4 team slots this is probably the biggest feature request for team building: if you only have one good VV or Gilded set then you could pass it between characters, and if you're leveling someone to use in a scuffed friendship team you could just pass the artifacts from the last scuffed friendship team to them with a single action.

Bonus points if it's saved to the team loadout as well, but I feel like that doesn't help you with Abyss since that doesn't use the preset team loadouts.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Actually reading every single version of the name they really should have called English's wanderer vagrant instead and spanish vagabundo. All of them seem to fit better like this and its just the english and spanish ones that are kinda hosed

Look, Childe is "Nobile" in Spanish, I have no idea where they get some of their stuff.

But also this Layla mushroom event was "the Champiņons League" and sometimes they're alright

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Traveller posted:

Look, Childe is "Nobile" in Spanish, I have no idea where they get some of their stuff.

But also this Layla mushroom event was "the Champiņons League" and sometimes they're alright

All of the Harbingers are named after the stable of characters in Commedia Dell'Arte (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commedia_dell%27arte#Characters)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

special program for 3.3 this Friday, as expected

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I mean, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I've updated my map with some notes on all the major openings in the edge of the playable area (where you can easily walk right up to it with little or no climbing) as well as some other oddities I find interesting.

1) This is the first one I noticed as a new player. There's a huge archway at the back of Stormterror's Lair that leads out of bounds and straight into a pond with an artificial stone wall at the back. It doesn't look like it's meant to be a connection to Fontaine, but it could be redesigned into one.

2) Liyue's border near Qingce ViIlage is very open. I know there's speculated to be a new zone on the border with Fontaine in 3.x, presumably at the same time Baizhu comes out, and this would be the most likely place for it.

3) They quietly added this transitional area between Liyue and Sumeru in 3.0. It's fully populated and some of the enemies even have sumpter beasts with them, but all the chests drop Geo Sigils and count toward the 1.0 Liyue exploration achievements. There are no waypoints up there, nor world quests as far as I know, so if you went the intended way and first got to Sumeru through the Chasm, you might not notice it exists at all.

4) There's a huge gap in the mountains leading to Liyue's southern coast, and even a road down there.

5) The same border is also open on the Sumeru side, with another road to nowhere. You can see some of the geometry on that rightmost island is missing or not loading properly, but it's not like I'm going out of my way to break it-- you can see that glitch from right by the waypoint!

6) Except in the far west, the whole border between Sumeru and Fontaine is very open, which makes perfect sense: they're coming out in relatively quick succession, and it'll make the world feel much more interconnected when they're both done.

7) In the back of the Fatui camp in the far northwestern corner of Sumeru, there's something that looks like a collapsed tunnel entrance. It's not obvious where it would lead, but it's interesting to note.

8) The northern part of the desert is almost too obvious to mention. Its border is extremely open on both sides, and the huge dust devil and Chasm-like spiral-shaped cliffs are a clear teaser.

9) And as I mentioned last time, the canyon with the giant robot in it unexpectedly leads out onto the coast.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Maybe next time I'll use my formidable photographic skills on something that actually looks good, and not on unfinished terrain you're not supposed to look at too closely.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I think your posts are interesting at least

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I always felt like Snezyaha would be way up in the northwest corner of the map. It just doesn't seem right to have them bordering Monstadt. I don't know what else would be north of Mondstadt, though. Maybe another ruined ancient civilization with a triangle fetish.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
mare jivari, helpfully keeping those fatui out of mondstadt's hotels and their firewater away from our precious wine industry.

tragically, not foolproof.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Maxwell Adams posted:

I always felt like Snezyaha would be way up in the northwest corner of the map. It just doesn't seem right to have them bordering Monstadt. I don't know what else would be north of Mondstadt, though. Maybe another ruined ancient civilization with a triangle fetish.

The last Mondstat event mentioned that Varka's expedition is in the frozen north, and that they ran into one of the Harbingers, which Varka explicitly notes they weren't expecting. So maybe part of the northernmost continent is considered a no-man's-land no nation has a solid claim on? I can't imagine Snezhnaya tolerating one of the other Archon nations just marching a big cavalry unit right into their own borders, after all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Took a half friendship grinding team of Yae Miko and Candace with my max ascended Ganyu and Noelle and one-rounded Scaramouche at the hardest level. Man is that satisfying. And as if that wasn't good enough, I even got spear billet to drop too!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 23, 2022

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I've been trying to use robo-shogun as a yardstick to measure how powerful my teams are, and I'm not sure if it's working right. Usually I just see how much HP she has left before she henshins. If I bring Nahida, Kuki, Yelan, and Xingqui, though, they just mop the floor with her, and it's not even hard to do. This is the only team I've been able to .5 cycle that fight with. Does that team deal a damage type that robo-shogun can't deal with? The hyperblooms ignore her def, or something?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

So I just linked up my PS5 Genshin to the HoYoLAB account and boy, I sure wish I'd known about all of this stuff before. Seems like they were somehow reluctant to tell console players that this is a thing you should do since you get a bunch of in-game stuff for it every now and then but it was never advertised to me before. I only did it practically on a whim only to find that you get a whole bunch of rewards for doing it. That would've been nice in the two years I've been playing this game.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Stare-Out posted:

So I just linked up my PS5 Genshin to the HoYoLAB account and boy, I sure wish I'd known about all of this stuff before. Seems like they were somehow reluctant to tell console players that this is a thing you should do since you get a bunch of in-game stuff for it every now and then but it was never advertised to me before. I only did it practically on a whim only to find that you get a whole bunch of rewards for doing it. That would've been nice in the two years I've been playing this game.
What rewards?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No Wave posted:

What rewards?

You get a 100 primos for just linking your account and from then on everything the website offers you, like daily check-ins and what I assume PC players get.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

FractalSandwich posted:

Maybe next time I'll use my formidable photographic skills on something that actually looks good, and not on unfinished terrain you're not supposed to look at too closely.

Nyaawn posted:

I think your posts are interesting at least

yeah this is really cool, out of bounds tech and placeholders you're not supposed to see is interesting subject matter and you're doing a thorough job of documenting it, don't feel bad at all

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Maxwell Adams posted:

I've been trying to use robo-shogun as a yardstick to measure how powerful my teams are, and I'm not sure if it's working right. Usually I just see how much HP she has left before she henshins. If I bring Nahida, Kuki, Yelan, and Xingqui, though, they just mop the floor with her, and it's not even hard to do. This is the only team I've been able to .5 cycle that fight with. Does that team deal a damage type that robo-shogun can't deal with? The hyperblooms ignore her def, or something?

It's just that it's a team with high single target dps. The teams I've been able to .5 cycle the robo-shogun fight with are the double vape Bennett, Xiangling, Xingqui, and Yelan and double hydro hyperbloom Nahida, Raiden, Yelan, and Xingqui.

Edit: It's also a team that applies it's damage easily in that you don't have a lot of ways to miss with most of it's damage.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 23, 2022

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I think this is also only the second month I'm gonna hit 50 on the battle pass

It sucks the last week will be "wasted", but what can ya do.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Raiden and Stormterror are the only two weekly bosses that have the same resistances to all damage types. (Andrius is just flat-out immune to two of them. Childe and Signora change their strong resistances in each phase.)

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Nyaawn posted:

I think this is also only the second month I'm gonna hit 50 on the battle pass

It sucks the last week will be "wasted", but what can ya do.

I have entirely the opposite reaction tbh! I hit 50 on the battlepass yesterday, and I always feel a sense of relief on the last 10 or so days where I can just do whatever grinding I want to do or dont if I dont want to, without feeling like I'm missing out on rewards. Like next week I'll probably do a few domains if I'm in the mood, but I wont fight a single boss because I'm not grinding for anyones level materials in particular right now, unlike when the pass is active so I only do domains until I've done 15, then do bosses, regardless of what my current goal actually is. I dont like timed battle passes and things like that but am also incapable of just ignoring it like I do spiral abyss for some reason. Probably because if I dont try I still end up getting a few levels, and think "I could try and get a lot more..." whereas endgame spiral abyss I dont even start because it seems like an entire pain in the arse.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Tree Reformat posted:

The last Mondstat event mentioned that Varka's expedition is in the frozen north, and that they ran into one of the Harbingers, which Varka explicitly notes they weren't expecting. So maybe part of the northernmost continent is considered a no-man's-land no nation has a solid claim on? I can't imagine Snezhnaya tolerating one of the other Archon nations just marching a big cavalry unit right into their own borders, after all.

Varka's letter also implied that whatever the expedition is dealing with Up North is also a threat to Snezhnaya ("we're on the same boat") and said that Capitano was actually helping them out before he got diverted to Natlan. They may actually have permission from the Tsaritsa, which would make the situation extra hosed if Snezhnaya can't/won't deal with the situation on their own.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

SiKboy posted:

Probably because if I dont try I still end up getting a few levels, and think "I could try and get a lot more..." whereas endgame spiral abyss I dont even start because it seems like an entire pain in the arse.

The free track of the BP is only something you have to think about if you often don't play for an extended period or you're so new that most of this stuff is gated off. Some quick and dirty math showed if you just do dailies, trounce weeklies, and the zero effort weeklies you'll end up with 45 levels. Tack on a couple of events or doing weeklies that might take a few minutes and you're done.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I'm still reeling from how ridiculously overpowered Nahida is. They released Kazuha and never nerfed him so I guess Nahida is gonna stay broken. :toot:

I hit AR60 and that's a nice reward but why have I not heard about this? Adventure XP earned gets converted into mora. I was confused why I just got 61000 mora from a leyline. Not a huge deal but every bit helps, it's a nice bonus. :shobon:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mailer posted:

The free track of the BP is only something you have to think about if you often don't play for an extended period or you're so new that most of this stuff is gated off. Some quick and dirty math showed if you just do dailies, trounce weeklies, and the zero effort weeklies you'll end up with 45 levels. Tack on a couple of events or doing weeklies that might take a few minutes and you're done.

mostly the people who worry about not hitting 50 on the battlepass are the ones who don't log in every single day

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Sanctum posted:

Adventure XP earned gets converted into mora.

did not know about this. that's gonna be handy

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

do you think they'll ever raise the adventurer cap above 60 or the level cap above 90?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Nyaawn posted:

do you think they'll ever raise the adventurer cap above 60 or the level cap above 90?

I figure now that we have Dendro, we'll either get new level caps or new weapon types next

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

Tree Reformat posted:

Seems plausible.

Natlan and Snezhnaya could share a mountain range or something. Fantasy Andes in the south, Fantasy Urals in the north!

e: Bonus points for a Fantasy Vladivostok and Fantasy Trans-Siberian Railroad.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 24, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Fontaine being (likely) landlocked is kind of funny

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Been a few days now and I'm starting to wish Layla had been released as a catalyst. She'd be the most perfect proto amber user...

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Nyaawn posted:

I don't think it'll be soon, but I definitely expect it to happen eventually.

Giving everyone an A7 passive would be an interesting way to adjust the relative power of some older characters without technically nerfing anyone. Amber could get an explosive second-level charged shot to turn her into a mini-Ganyu, while Xingqiu's just... buffs his normal attacks, or something equally useless.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Sanctum posted:

I'm still reeling from how ridiculously overpowered Nahida is. They released Kazuha and never nerfed him so I guess Nahida is gonna stay broken. :toot:

Aside from fixing wonky/broken mechanics they've never directly nerfed a character. They changed abyss considerably to stop Venti. Nahida just had the advantage of being part of a new set of mechanics that they didn't have as much experience planning for. I don't think anyone came out of beta yelling how Raiden or Thoma would be doing 50% of the team's damage on a team that rivaled or exceeded Rational.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SiKboy posted:

I have entirely the opposite reaction tbh! I hit 50 on the battlepass yesterday, and I always feel a sense of relief on the last 10 or so days where I can just do whatever grinding I want to do or dont if I dont want to, without feeling like I'm missing out on rewards. Like next week I'll probably do a few domains if I'm in the mood, but I wont fight a single boss because I'm not grinding for anyones level materials in particular right now, unlike when the pass is active so I only do domains until I've done 15, then do bosses, regardless of what my current goal actually is. I dont like timed battle passes and things like that but am also incapable of just ignoring it like I do spiral abyss for some reason. Probably because if I dont try I still end up getting a few levels, and think "I could try and get a lot more..." whereas endgame spiral abyss I dont even start because it seems like an entire pain in the arse.

But fighting three bosses is one of the easiest things to do on the battlepass! Just beat up the lowest tier of Stormterror 3 times

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

RareAcumen posted:

But fighting three bosses is one of the easiest things to do on the battlepass! Just beat up the lowest tier of Stormterror 3 times
I think that post is talking about the "defeat 40 resin bosses" objective, which you absolutely do not need to do to hit level 50 if you're playing daily.

Also if you really don't need weekly boss loot, I'd assume Childe is faster since you don't have to do the shield breaking phase.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mailer posted:

Aside from fixing wonky/broken mechanics they've never directly nerfed a character. They changed abyss considerably to stop Venti. Nahida just had the advantage of being part of a new set of mechanics that they didn't have as much experience planning for. I don't think anyone came out of beta yelling how Raiden or Thoma would be doing 50% of the team's damage on a team that rivaled or exceeded Rational.
Truthfully they got really close. Dendro is a huge element with a ton of interactions. The only screwup was that bloom has a 2x damage multiplier and hyperbloom has a 3x damage multiplier, even though hyperbloom is much easier to deal damage with. If hyperbloom was 2x it would be on the strong side of balanced. Aggravate's balance is spot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Incoherence posted:

I think that post is talking about the "defeat 40 resin bosses" objective, which you absolutely do not need to do to hit level 50 if you're playing daily.

Also if you really don't need weekly boss loot, I'd assume Childe is faster since you don't have to do the shield breaking phase.

Oh! Well if that's what they were talking about then fair enough, it's a pain to do.