Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Also with how the midterms turned out, Musk's endorsement for Rs meant jack poo poo. No one listened to that sad nerd

Could Musk engineer a locker that he himself could not be stuffed into :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Just gotta fire 90% of the staff like 12 more times

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

kazil posted:

Just gotta fire 90% of the staff like 12 more times

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Worlds smartest iron man

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
The rationalists are at it again

https://mobile.twitter.com/complainerstore/status/1593674494714986497

Not that I want to make this the LessWrong thread but what a surprise they all swung to the right together. Wheeee

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Last Call posted:

CEOs who miss the old ways of work empathize with Elon Musk’s ‘hardcore’ tactics. They’re ‘tired of all the whining’

https://fortune.com/2022/11/22/ceos-secretly-support-elon-musk-twitter-tactics/

Elon Musk has made some enemies since taking over Twitter, including at least half of Twitter’s (now former) staff and Twitter users who believe the platform is dying. Yet, some more traditional CEOs are warming up to Musk’s ways.

The Tesla CEO has become a figurehead for peers who are tired of workers’ new emphasis on work-life balance and their employees’ desire to disengage from hustle culture, reports Callum Borchers of The Wall Street Journal. “I think every successful CEO, including myself, is tired of all the whining,” Michael Friedman, chief executive of the New York investment firm First Level Capital, told Borchers. 

Workers have placed a newfangled emphasis on flexibility and work-life balance in the era of remote work that they want to hold onto as bosses push for an office return. When offered the chance to work from home, 87% grabbed at it according to a survey from McKinsey this past June.

Managers have tried out being “the nice guy” for a couple of years as the workforce relaxed into sweatpants and Zoom calls during the pandemic. But it’s getting stale for leaders like Musk who are over the new way of work. He’s able to play by a different rulebook than other CEOs, Borchers writes, who are watching Musk’s “hardcore” tactics from the sidelines and wishing they could act the same. Friedman admitted that the lack of zeroes behind his name prohibits him from having the leverage Musk does.

It’s all part of the “do-gooder fatigue” that some bosses are experiencing, an executive headhunter told The Financial Times: These days, ”the feeling is, we need to get back to business.” 

They believe they were nice for the last several years?

Won't someone think of the CEO's.
Maszlow who? Sounds like a quitter to me

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sports reporter man. Kind of ubiquitous if you're into basketball.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

The rationalists are at it again

https://mobile.twitter.com/complainerstore/status/1593674494714986497

Not that I want to make this the LessWrong thread but what a surprise they all swung to the right together. Wheeee

its one company michael

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Bucky Fullminster posted:

He's escaped a lot of attention, but Kim is a lot closer to the mess than people might think.

The precursor to Qanon was FBIanon, and the precursor to FBIanon was MegaAnon, and MegaAnon was an op for Kim's site, MegaUpload.

He's connected to the crew that kicked all this poo poo off, through things like Unity4J as well.
This sounds interesting. Do you happen to have any YouTubes about this?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Last Call posted:

CEOs who miss the old ways of work empathize with Elon Musk’s ‘hardcore’ tactics. They’re ‘tired of all the whining’

Elon Musk has made some enemies since taking over Twitter, including at least half of Twitter’s (now former) staff and Twitter users who believe the platform is dying. Yet, some more traditional CEOs are warming up to Musk’s ways.

The Tesla CEO has become a figurehead for peers who are tired of workers’ new emphasis on work-life balance and their employees’ desire to disengage from hustle culture, reports Callum Borchers of The Wall Street Journal. “I think every successful CEO, including myself, is tired of all the whining,” Michael Friedman, chief executive of the New York investment firm First Level Capital, told Borchers. 

Workers have placed a newfangled emphasis on flexibility and work-life balance in the era of remote work that they want to hold onto as bosses push for an office return. When offered the chance to work from home, 87% grabbed at it according to a survey from McKinsey this past June.

Managers have tried out being “the nice guy” for a couple of years as the workforce relaxed into sweatpants and Zoom calls during the pandemic. But it’s getting stale for leaders like Musk who are over the new way of work. He’s able to play by a different rulebook than other CEOs, Borchers writes, who are watching Musk’s “hardcore” tactics from the sidelines and wishing they could act the same. Friedman admitted that the lack of zeroes behind his name prohibits him from having the leverage Musk does.

It’s all part of the “do-gooder fatigue” that some bosses are experiencing, an executive headhunter told The Financial Times: These days, ”the feeling is, we need to get back to business.” 

Eventually during the water wars some barbarous lunkhead will stumble across a party of these well to-do types, and get to live out the dream.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Hey, Michael Friedman, fire all of your staff and do the work yourself or shut the gently caress up

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Musk is having an extremely normal night.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
As someone who doesn't give a poo poo about the world cup, when and how often do I need to tweet 'goal' to really set this off

please, my family is dying

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I love these idiots that think CEOs are loosing up business practices because they are horrible lefty liberal loonies and not because it makes them more money

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The Last Call posted:

I for one hope more CEOs emulate Musk, by getting divorced and torching most of their wealth

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Strong “look what you made me do” vibes from Musk there lmao

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1595114874614390789

full mask off

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

kazil posted:

I love these idiots that think CEOs are loosing up business practices because they are horrible lefty liberal loonies and not because it makes them more money

:qqpeters: but can't you see that's because the evil (((Professional-Managerial Class))) (to me the "PMC" is pretty clearly anti-Semitism in one of Trump's baggy clown suits) have total control of the economy but also comprise only 7% of the population and are hated by the great silent majority

The enemy is always both strong and weak. :umberto:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

this is enough to make me actually log into my twitter account i never use and delete it

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Same. Deleted mine and the app.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

yeah i guess i'm not really interested enough in seeing russian tanks explode to keep my twitter account over it anymore

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!
Don’t just delete your account, live the dream of sending Elon the goatman first and make them kick you off.

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit

Rebel Blob posted:

Musk is having an extremely normal night.

What the hell, a whole bunch of those events actually happened and we have footage of trump saying that stuff. I really hate conspiracy-brained people

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Wow musk really is a true independent

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Oh goddammit

Ok so bow do I use mastodon or whatever

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Convicted felon Dinesh D'Souza has thoughts about people who lie and deceive.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Tiny Timbs posted:

yeah i guess i'm not really interested enough in seeing russian tanks explode to keep my twitter account over it anymore

/r/combatfootage.

just don't read the comments!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol at palling around with one of the most pathetic right wing figures dinesh

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Elon keeps saying he's a moderate but I have yet to see something where he posts even a moderate viewpoint of things.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/tampax/status/1594719218632720385?s=46&t=MXiBHN9aCrtiy2AK0D7Dwg

What the gently caress lol

This even has the double verified tag. I don't know what's real anymore.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

bobjr posted:

Elon keeps saying he's a moderate but I have yet to see something where he posts even a moderate viewpoint of things.

Moderate is code for conservative that’s too much of a coward to say that they’re conservative.

It’s no surprise that moderates are generally pretty OK with fascism if it narrowly benefits them.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

The Last Call posted:

Their CEO source is the manager of some tiny investment firm. Fortune 500 CEOs are probably all laughing their asses off at Elon's failure.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Elon's layoffs had nothing to do with working hard or working remote or being 'hardcore', it's all about the optics of creating a 'turnaround'.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Withnail posted:

Elon's layoffs had nothing to do with working hard or working remote or being 'hardcore', it's all about the optics of creating a 'turnaround'.

Turn around in ideology maybe. Twitter was already making a profit the last few years. Elon destroyed all of that, but he can claim ideological purity I suppose. If he had just left it as is he could have recouped his investment in a few years but he's not very smart.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/twitter-announces-fourth-quarter-and-fiscal-year-2021-results-301479494.html

"Twitter had a solid fourth quarter to finish 2021, with over $5 billion in annual revenue, up 37% for the year," said Ned Segal, Twitter's CFO. "There are no changes to our goals of 315 million average mDAU in Q4 2023 and $7.5 billion or more revenue in 2023. Our increased focus on performance ads and the SMB opportunity after the sale of MoPub positions us even better for 2022 and beyond."

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Hamelekim posted:

Turn around in ideology maybe. Twitter was already making a profit the last few years. Elon destroyed all of that, but he can claim ideological purity I suppose. If he had just left it as is he could have recouped his investment in a few years but he's not very smart.

His buyout added over a billion in debt per year so no

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Uh, that article says they had a net loss though?

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
This is hosed. Anyone with enough money can now decide what free speech means. Modern media is so much more wide reaching and efficient than anything else before it. "The Internet makes you Stupid," is not a joke. Eat poo poo, Elon Musk.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Gros Tarla posted:

https://twitter.com/tampax/status/1594719218632720385?s=46&t=MXiBHN9aCrtiy2AK0D7Dwg

What the gently caress lol

This even has the double verified tag. I don't know what's real anymore.

https://twitter.com/emmatolkin/status/1594769328993636352?s=46&t=UOZfzewfNFg3kV_qtVfcWA

fun exercise is to think how many years you'd have to go back before each individual part of this became incomprensible to anyone

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Withnail posted:

Elon's layoffs had nothing to do with working hard or working remote or being 'hardcore', it's all about the optics of creating a 'turnaround'. being an irredeemable fuckwit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Revenue isn't profit, I thought it was pretty well established that twitter's only had a couple blips where it was briefly actually profitable.