Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
I like all the noncommittal language in that slack. The editor who published it says "Should be okay", and then a few days later they fire the guy who broke the story anyways. Why bother with the pretense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The fired guy seems to bear some of the least responsibility; he asks other people and they tell him it's okay!

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Ytlaya posted:

The fired guy seems to bear some of the least responsibility; he asks other people and they tell him it's okay!

He bears responsibility because he made people higher than him look foolish.

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
God drat if that's all the scrutiny required for such a major claim what the gently caress kinda scrutiny is applied for anything else?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Ardennes posted:

The thread handled it better

lol yeah

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Kindest Forums User posted:

God drat if that's all the scrutiny required for such a major claim what the gently caress kinda scrutiny is applied for anything else?

reporters are just shitposters lmao

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

StashAugustine posted:

I can't imagine a US intelligence official would be wrong about this lmao

new thread title

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Kindest Forums User posted:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

if this is the level of scrutiny that goes into a reporting that has article 5 implications, really puts into perspective what probably happens for everything else

"hey all im posting this article about how russians regularly feast on live babies. my source is twitter poster hailbandera69"

"👍"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
So their source was a guy who was vetted by one Ross Nixon

But the specific tip from that source, at the time, hadn't been checked by Ross

But Jim made it sound like it was, though he did ask his leadership, since he was at a doctor's appointment at the time

But they approved it anyway

And then Jim is the one that gets fired

Lol

Lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
This is like when catpetter copped a ban for syq'ing D&D when the quote was really from GBS

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

dieselfruit posted:

James "I'll Show Myself" LaPorta

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Anarchist Florida Man seems to have been shook and needed to reaffirm to himself his internalized beliefs.

https://youtu.be/fyaG64rGWoU

Ukraine broke his brain because when faced with murderous liberals, communists, anarchists, monarchists and nazis on one side, and murderous liberals, nazis, and anarchists on the other, his "both sides are stupid" o-meter detonated. When confused, return to good old fashioned western chauvinism.

what im saying is im not surprised an anarchist ex troop can't get his head around something that can't be easily explained using a homely and sensible analogy.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Wrong? No. Lying? Yes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lostconfused posted:

Wrong? No. Lying? Yes.

Honestly I wouldn't even be sure of that lots of bullshit is flying around immediately after an event. It's just that journalists are incredible morons who assume that the voice of the government is the voice of God

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/sbobkov/status/1595080975763243008

The tank factories are very busy these days.

it probably always looks like that

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

speng31b posted:

reporters are just shitposters lmao

It's basically one of the lower skill jobs for the children of the wealthy. Doesn't require the same sort of long hours of being an investment banker or studying of being a lawyer.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Ukraine should surrender

speng31b
May 8, 2010

SBU really taking out the bad guys, you know, priests, teachers, postal workers, social services workers, anyone whose neighbor doesn't like them, immigrants and students and minorities who want to leave the country, etc

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

My priest went into condemning the Russian Orthodox Church in his sermon this week. Said the Patriarch was at Putin’s right hand, asked that we pray the Pope intercedes.

This Ukraine thing is getting very weird and they’re appealing very hard to Canadian Catholics on the basis of Ukrainians (read: Galicians) being Catholics and the Russians Orthodox.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

paul_soccer12 posted:

Ukraine should surrender

thats right

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

My priest went into condemning the Russian Orthodox Church in his sermon this week. Said the Patriarch was at Putin’s right hand, asked that we pray the Pope intercedes.

This Ukraine thing is getting very weird and they’re appealing very hard to Canadian Catholics on the basis of Ukrainians (read: Galicians) being Catholics and the Russians Orthodox.

well the pope should full contact fight the patriarch, that is correct

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Even CBC has been like: Well it’s the Russian Orthodox Church, can we trust them to be impartial? Are they really a “church” deserving protection or agents of Russian Imperialism?

I have never seen anything like this, barring maybe how the media covered US forces targeting mosques in 2002-04.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

You should kill him

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Deus Vult

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
new deus ex game in ukraine?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

FF tell your bosses Justin Trudeau and The Pope to cut this poo poo out. I can’t do WW3 rn the new Pokémon game just released

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

StashAugustine posted:

Honestly I wouldn't even be sure of that lots of bullshit is flying around immediately after an event. It's just that journalists are incredible morons who assume that the voice of the government is the voice of God

stop spreading russian dizinformatia

journalists are what keeps the government in check. a free media is why we are able to have a democracy.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

imo the pope should intercede to end this poo poo so they will release the new advance wars loving finally

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Lord of Pie posted:

imo the pope should intercede to end this poo poo so they will release the new advance wars loving finally

I agree that the Vatican should send its Swiss Guard into battle against the orc hordes

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

I don’t think ukriane is dumb enough to invade Russia but who knows

did they ever admit it was their missile that struck Poland

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Pope already said he was going to end the war
https://twitter.com/NCRonline/status/1593685977502990344?s=20&t=ajMS7_wf8Cb16bEyxFIe2A

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Frosted Flake posted:

lol cool

speng31b
May 8, 2010

whatever it takes. i have yet to see him challenge the patriarch to hand to hand combat

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

WaryWarren posted:

What ever happened to that hillbilly boomer from Texas? He was palling around with the Russian army back in February/March. I hope he's settled down in a dacha somewhere and sired a few half-breed Orclings. :)

still posting on Telegram. it's mostly translations of Russian language posts and news.

this is the latest original content I see

quote:

I've been knowing and talking about ISIS terrorists fighting on the side of the ukrop nazis since 2016. They were in Avdeevka and Opitnoye when I was fighting against them in Spartak and on the Avdeevka Front. Basically, they've been here all along.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Ok he’s honestly cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

whatever it takes. i have yet to see him challenge the patriarch to hand to hand combat

The Russian Patriarch's in schism with the Ecumenical Patriarch, so Bartholemew gets the first match actually.