Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

this, buy a month of game pass or gold or whatever, use microsoft rewards daily searches & some achievement hunting 1x a week to get game pass ultimate for 'free' (time value) forever

Quantum of Phallus posted:

podcast+vampire survivor+exercise bike is my new happy place after work

I need to remember to try out the cloud gaming version on my phone later!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I’m real dumb and don’t see it on mobile cloud.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/play/games/vampire-survivors/9PD5BM2Z8C4L

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

found out it runs on Mac as well... loving hell i'm gonna be playing ths game on everything

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Thanks one million

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Hey, remember when they remade the OG Xbox's Duke controller as a Xbone-compatible pad? They're doing that again for the Xbox 360 controller.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

BF2042 is supposed to be out on game pass right now. How is that game these days?

still lovely, i believe. at least there might be people playing now though

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
How is Evil West not on Gamepass at release?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Diddler posted:

still lovely, i believe. at least there might be people playing now though

They just added a hilariously broken railgun that is basically hitscan one hit kill so I’m sure the servers are excruciating at the moment.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel like there should be a rule for gaming like there is for movies where you should never remind anyone of a better game with your game. Anyway I'm starting to feel like someone at DICE is trying to signal for help between Battlefront and 2042 sounding so similar to 2142. Trapped in lovely annual franchise, send help

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Disposable Scud posted:

It looked thoroughly mediocre. Perfect for trying out for an hour on GP.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think Battlefield is done for tbh.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Disposable Scud posted:

Yeah a bit surprising given the publisher. It'll probably turn up on GP within 6 months I bet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Kins posted:

Hey, remember when they remade the OG Xbox's Duke controller as a Xbone-compatible pad? They're doing that again for the Xbox 360 controller.

shant be buying another xbox controller til they get gyro tbqh

veni veni veni posted:

yeah

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

https://techcrunch.com/2022/11/22/apple-google-mobile-duopoly-cma-phase-2-investigation-mobile-browsers-cloud-gaming/

quote:

The probe will focus on the supply of mobile browsers and browser engines; and the distribution of cloud gaming services through app stores on mobile devices, the CMA said today.

In a press release announcing the opening of the in-depth investigation, the CMA said responses to the consultation had shown “substantial” support for a fuller investigation into how Apple and Google “dominate the mobile browser market” and how “Apple restricts cloud gaming through its App Store”.

Its PR emphasizes the strategic importance of mobile browsers — noting that “most” people use a mobile browser at least daily to access online content, and adding that 97% of all mobile web browsing in the UK last year occurred on browsers powered by either Apple’s or Google’s browser engine — giving the pair huge power over users’ experiences.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

But can they play Call of Duty?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah once the new CoD launched and did fairly well for a AAA launch the BF guys had to know they're hooped.

The time to put it on battle pass was 6 months ago.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It would be a nice outcome if 2042 flopping left EA desperate enough to finally make Bad Company 3

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1595141000736829440
SeX box also on sale.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I didn't even know you could buy things on Instagram

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

John F Bennett posted:

BF2042 is supposed to be out on game pass right now. How is that game these days?

Lets put it like this: Battlefield 1 has record player numbers right now.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

acksplode posted:

It would be a nice outcome if 2042 flopping left EA desperate enough to finally make Bad Company 3

or just remaster bad company 2

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Reviews of Gungrave are pretty bad. Was it expected to be good?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I watched a trailer and it looked like a bargain bin ps2 game

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Seltzer posted:

The devs said that's what they were aiming for!

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Seltzer posted:

Hell yeah. I just finished Altered Beast on PS2.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Seltzer posted:

Okay but now you’re selling me on it.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Seltzer posted:

i have gungrave on ps2 i remember liking it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Alchenar posted:

Lets put it like this: Battlefield 1 has record player numbers right now.

I didn’t care for it personally but BF1 was the last legitimately good battlefield game. V and 2042 were just disasters.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
in case anyone’s wondering, Gungrave is loving awful and not in a cheesy throwback way

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Oxxidation posted:

in case anyone’s wondering, Gungrave is loving awful and not in a cheesy throwback way

I was wondering!

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Sekiro is like 50% off for Black Friday in Aus. For whatever reason it never gets super cheap but if you don’t have it you should get it.

Dragons Dogma is cheaper than an iced long black. Might have to double dip since it looked like butt on the switch

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

I was wondering!

grave always controls like he's waist-deep in mud, which is made worse by there being no stick sensitivity or invert aim option. there's no auto-fire unless you mash RT four times in quick succession, which makes you enter an autofire mode that roots you to the spot. gun feedback and enemy damage feedback is weak. dodging attacks is near-impossible due to the sluggish movement. the idea behind the combat seems to be to just tank hits while building up a combo meter and occasionally batting away a missile, and the lack of defensive and evasive options makes every encounter stiff and dull. there's a very noticeable half-second skip in the soundtrack whenever a song loops

if you're going to do a ps2 throwback then give me something like psi-ops, not this nonsense

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why would u make a retro throwback game and then make it a throwback to the piece of poo poo c-tier games. nobody is nostalgic for the game they bought at walmart for $5, just for buying games like that

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Oxxidation posted:

grave always controls like he's waist-deep in mud, which is made worse by there being no stick sensitivity or invert aim option. there's no auto-fire unless you mash RT four times in quick succession, which makes you enter an autofire mode that roots you to the spot. gun feedback and enemy damage feedback is weak. dodging attacks is near-impossible due to the sluggish movement. the idea behind the combat seems to be to just tank hits while building up a combo meter and occasionally batting away a missile, and the lack of defensive and evasive options makes every encounter stiff and dull. there's a very noticeable half-second skip in the soundtrack whenever a song loops

if you're going to do a ps2 throwback then give me something like psi-ops, not this nonsense

Yikes

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I just skimmed a longplay and you’re also stuck with the basic pistols all game. also there’s platforming puzzles. your jump carries you maybe two feet forward

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

acksplode posted:

IIRC they've set up a new studio led by one of the original creators of Halo to make a single player game set in the 2042 universe.

Take that as you will.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I've been playing BF2042 but it just really hasn't been grabbing me. Since BF1 was on sale, though, I picked it up again (having played it extensively on PC), and I'm having a blast. 2042 isn't bad—at least not anymore, from what I hear—but it's still a rather steep drop in quality from the old Battlefield games

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

It is 2022 right? A game released in 2022 without invert aim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

2042 is good and dumb and fun