Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Turn left thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m going to get Kanye West to make fun of the jets

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ah yes faux outrage and morality. The ultimate trump card when your teams dignity is under attack

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Ah yes faux outrage and morality. The ultimate trump card when your teams dignity is under attack

i thought it was funny...

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I’m Adolf hitler and I’m here to say
I’m a New York jets fan in a major way

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Oops sorry I’ve been informed this Adolph Hitler guy has some nasty background. However he’s a real tape dog. Absolute grinder

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

David Duke issuing a press release about how even he feels more comfortable around black people than Zach

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Sigh, I really opened myself up for this roasting, I should have known better and now all I can do is accept it

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Matt Milano DPOTW. Finally not a Jet.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm pretty sure they're benching him and I'd be surprised if he started against the Bears even with a short hook.

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1595394049632083968

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

t a s t e posted:

David Duke issuing a press release about how even he feels more comfortable around black people than Zach

Hahahahaha

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm pretty sure they're benching him and I'd be surprised if he started against the Bears even with a short hook.

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1595394049632083968

Some other ESPN guys think the opposite:

https://twitter.com/szantz/status/1595413709706465287?s=46&t=FpibvNHGZRnfj9H4EEP44w

Nov 6, 2002

I wonder if anyone inside the Jets understands the rest of the AFCE is quietly rooting for Wilson to start.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Some other ESPN guys think the opposite:

RapSheet said as much as well. He expects him to let Zach simmer.
https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1595424858061635585

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

My read on it was that "we're not committing to starting Zach" was a way to calm down the locker room without actually benching Wilson. Could be wrong.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Zach gets another week but this will be the last one.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

My issue is that I can no longer trust Zach's play against the upcoming slate from an evaluation standpoint.

I'll for sure take any win we can get because I'd really like to make the playoffs, but a bunch of "get right" games against tomato can defenses isn't going to tell us much. By the same token I wouldn't be able to trust that Mike White/Joe Flacco playing well against the Bears means anything at all.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

Zach gets another week but this will be the last one.

Not if they win.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If the Jets win but Zach plays as poorly as last week (but let’s say they score a long broken play or the running game is good), I still think he gets pulled.

If he can Mac Jones it up he will probably buy himself some more time but I don’t think just being terrible in a win is enough after last week.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I absolutely do not care about evaluations of our QBs at this point. We know who all of these guys are. Zach is pure garbage in every part of the game, Flacco has a decent arm but is a statue in the pocket, White doesn't have the arm to be a good QB but he can throw a loving screen pass. Just pick the one that gives us the best chance to win.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If I’m a fan I want Mike White, if I’m in the locker room I want Flacco.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I was worried about Flacco being killed in the pocket earlier in the season. But seemingly Wilson is getting all the time in the world the last few games now that Brown is in. I don't see why that would change with Flacco.

I am fine with either White or Flacco but it's time to pull Wilson.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
I've looked at the tape and if the Patriots can get Stevenson to play like Dallas's Pollard while also smothering Cousins with the D line they win easily.

I expect at least one of these things to happen.

Nov 6, 2002

Pats are pretty awful in the redzone.

Of course, Vikings defense is like the 32nd in redzone, so ahhhh...

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1595447112464011280

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

dang it!!!!!!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
All he had to do is say “Yes, I need to play better” and he would have been starting a couple more weeks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Announce Streveler you cowards

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I love the “minutes ago.” Elijah Moore definitely texted him.

I’m impressed with how Saleh handled this, tbh

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ugh. It was the obvious move but not one every coaching staff would make.

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

dang it!!!!!!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

All he had to do is say “Yes, I need to play better” and he would have been starting a couple more weeks.

Tbh I don’t think this is true. They had 103 total yards against a team they needed to beat before he said anything

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Tbh I don’t think this is true. They had 103 total yards against a team they needed to beat before he said anything

It might be true in the sense that it really brought it to an immediate head in the locker room. But it's also hard to imagine Saleh and LaFleur watching the tape and coming to any other conclusion.

Also might be a good sign re: cohesion between Saleh/Douglas. I really think Douglas is going to get to figure out the next QB too, and he should.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 23, 2022

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

After the game Saleh said benching Wilson was the furthest thing from his mind.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I was always pretty high on Douglas but still very unsure on Saleh after last season. I really think he's been fantastic this year.

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

meh, that's just coach speak in the immediate aftermath

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

I don't really get why people hang so much on this answer made minutes after the game was over.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Zach Won’tson

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

meh, that's just coach speak in the immediate aftermath

mcmagic doesn't believe in coachspeak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012