Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The only thing that would change what is going on there is if they lose a war or have a massive internal uprising that they can't put down and that doesn't seem like it's happening any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

The only thing that would change what is going on there is if they lose a war or have a massive internal uprising that they can't put down and that doesn't seem like it's happening any time soon.

If the us empire collapsed and they stopped getting free weapons and money they might be in trouble

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rutibex posted:

If the us empire collapsed and they stopped getting free weapons and money they might be in trouble

I don't even know if they need the US anymore, they get a ton of cash from northern Europe and the gulf states now.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Rutibex posted:

they would just get it from somewhere else like the UK, France, or even Russia.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/AIPAC_USA/status/1590876927518445568

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

that is an excellent use of $8

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

smh the account didn't say the magic word

Tony Tone
Jun 14, 2020

by vyelkin

mcmagic posted:

The chances of there being an uprising in Israel, or losing a war, are 1:1 the same as if we were talking about the US.

We dont need your money or your weapons either, all of it is just government contract schemes to siphon money out of one another and in the process develop better tools to use against minorities/dissidents at home and "terrorists" abroad for both sides.

We are going to be last remaining bastion of clean water and food in the Middle East until climate change eventually takes us all out in 30 years.

Gonna be a real hoot when rising sea levels start pushing more and more Gazans inland.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Tony Tone posted:

The chances of there being an uprising in Israel, or losing a war, are 1:1 the same as if we were talking about the US.

This is bullshit. The US has a huge advantage geographically, whereas Israel could be surrounded by potential enemies if it keeps turning hard-right (it will).

USS Liberty
Nov 9, 2022

by vyelkin

Tony Tone posted:

We dont need your money or your weapons either, all of it is just government contract schemes to siphon money out of one another and in the process develop better tools to use against minorities/dissidents at home and "terrorists" abroad for both sides.

We are going to be last remaining bastion of clean water and food in the Middle East until climate change eventually takes us all out in 30 years.

Gonna be a real hoot when rising sea levels start pushing more and more Gazans inland.

This is wrong, Israel only exists because the us allows them to. Israeli's are the softest 1st world population, they go into histrionics if they see a ballon floating over from the west bank. Imagine if the US was supplying Palestinians with proper military support, the first time an f16 flanks a settlement half the country would immigrate.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I mean, cool username/post combo but I don't think many people doubt that the Israeli military have plenty of strength on their own. Sure, without support from the west they'd implode but that faucet is never turning off, and they've done plenty on their own to punctuate that whole 'never again' thing with 'or so help me god I'll kill us all'.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I don't know how popular or widespread this opinion is but reading about Chomsky and Ilan Pappe on Israel-Palestine, the point they like to highlight is that Israel is not capable of sustaining its campaign against Palestinians if the support of the USA ended, which is why it's important to pressure the US to end that support (and acknowledging that that in itself is a goal that's extremely difficult, to put it mildly)

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Yeah, ending the western support is a big deal, which is why everyone is terrified of BDS... But haven't the Israeli leadership plainly said that if they're facing an existential threat, that they'll basically just nuke everyone? Or is that whole 'Samson Doctrine' or whatever a load of bullshit? They certainly gamed the system, in that the whole world knows they have nukes but they don't have to submit to inspections. Cowards.

USS Liberty
Nov 9, 2022

by vyelkin

Mister Speaker posted:

I mean, cool username/post combo but I don't think many people doubt that the Israeli military have plenty of strength on their own. Sure, without support from the west they'd implode but that faucet is never turning off, and they've done plenty on their own to punctuate that whole 'never again' thing with 'or so help me god I'll kill us all'.

The problem as noted is getting the faucet turned off. No one doubts the on paper strength of the IDF but I am convinced if they face off a real military they would buckle instantly, all of their talk is just that. The IDF and Israel in general is terrified of an enemy whos most powerful artillery is a high school science class rocket with a payload of 10g of gunpowder and a handful of ball berings, wonder what a handful of HIMARS would do.

Tony Tone
Jun 14, 2020

by vyelkin

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

This is bullshit. The US has a huge advantage geographically, whereas Israel could be surrounded by potential enemies if it keeps turning hard-right (it will).

Lol. Israel can militarily obliterate any surrounding Arab state even if all of them mobilize in a perfect all stars aligned fictional scenario. All except Iran, which is why we've been having intense propaganda against it on all platforms for the past decade. They're the only ones that can actually cripple this xenophobic shithole if push comes to shove -- which it never will.

Israel has learned these past few years that the best way to unarm and pacify its historic enemies is through economic pressure, "peace treaties" and epic tourism collabs with Qatar and Saudi Arabia to both pacify anti-Israel sentiment within those countries and outflank and ostracize Iran, by building house-of-cards alliances with equally powerful neighbors and basically shift cultural and political goalposts with money.

The fact that Americans still think Israel exists solely because of US support is funny because its a direct product of your democratic party's propaganda. It was true 40 years ago, it's irrelevant now. The Jewish Frankenstein the US created is fully self-sufficient and has a military might that is fully capable of standing up on its own and inflict endless atrocities. It is only held back by its own interests, which are being slowly yet surely eroded by the unstoppable worldwide shift toward far-right politics.

Tony Tone
Jun 14, 2020

by vyelkin

USS Liberty posted:

This is wrong, Israel only exists because the us allows them to. Israeli's are the softest 1st world population, they go into histrionics if they see a ballon floating over from the west bank. Imagine if the US was supplying Palestinians with proper military support, the first time an f16 flanks a settlement half the country would immigrate.

People here called for drone striking those who floated those balloons, and the state did exactly that.

It's no wonder American leftists keep getting their poo poo kicked in politically. You really dont know what you're talking about lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the idf couldnt go 10 miles into lebannon without making GBS threads its pants

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Tony Tone posted:

People here called for drone striking those who floated those balloons, and the state did exactly that.

It's no wonder American leftists keep getting their poo poo kicked in politically. You really dont know what you're talking about lol

lmfao

your refutation about israelis terrified over a balloon was "no, we shrieked until the government drone striked them"

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Tony Tone posted:

unlike israeli leftists who understand how powerful and independent israel truly is and so are make consiste-hey wait a minute

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

meretz did a great job going into coalition with bennett. hopefully netanyahu invites them into his government!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Speaker posted:

Yeah, ending the western support is a big deal, which is why everyone is terrified of BDS... But haven't the Israeli leadership plainly said that if they're facing an existential threat, that they'll basically just nuke everyone? Or is that whole 'Samson Doctrine' or whatever a load of bullshit? They certainly gamed the system, in that the whole world knows they have nukes but they don't have to submit to inspections. Cowards.

the south africans had the same idea. they folded instead of nuking everyone

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

you are dumb

USS Liberty posted:

This is correct, they are effectively our colony in the middle east.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

imagine if morsi had been able to stick around

Doomtalker
Dec 10, 2019
Imagine spending 10bux for a hasbara account in the politics shitposting subforum on a dead gay comedy website. Haven't you got some better way to spend government money?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doomtalker posted:

Imagine spending 10bux for a hasbara account in the politics shitposting subforum on a dead gay comedy website. Haven't you got some better way to spend government money?

the post history is very funny

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Real hurthling! posted:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah didn't Israel like make a big deal about some poo poo hezbollah was doing a few years ago, start an incursion into Lebanon, and then immediately get an APC blown up by some kind of missile, retreat, and make up an excuse to go back into gaza less than a week later? I imagine that in the event of an actual invasion of Israel the population would toughen up because there's no alternative but to keep fighting, but the problem with a military that exists to brutalize a dispossessed population is it's really easy and everyone loses their taste for war when they encounter actual consequences, which is a problem if you intend to invade somebody else. Every single time an IDF soldier gets shot while executing their military duties, the Israeli media talks about it like they got murdered by a serial killer during their gap year- what happens if a hundred or a thousand Israeli soldiers die in a month and they have the option of just not doing war anymore?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
they could cry to the US (and probably KSA) for support, or maybe just nuke everybody

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/JalalAK_jojo/status/1591182277161398273?s=20&t=UkEnPVx5Qhtk4cE8q8mm3Q

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

gently caress sakes

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

There's basically a firefight every few days in the West Bank now. The settlers are getting more aggressive and the resistance is getting more determined.
https://twitter.com/Timesofgaza/status/1595144352107737088?s=20&t=ajMS7_wf8Cb16bEyxFIe2A
https://twitter.com/manniefabian/status/1595166876094631954?s=20&t=ajMS7_wf8Cb16bEyxFIe2A

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Some pudgy settler from ohio with an ar 15 gonna start a war

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1595332031252152325?s=20&t=iEDXOhsiIRJiZJ4lF-6TfQ

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
third intifada off to a good start

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Rutibex posted:

third intifada off to a good start

The In3fada

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
CBC is reporting the victim of one of the bombings in Jerusalem is a 16-year old Canadian boy. So prepare for loads of dickriding and morally bankrupt statements of allyship from our idiot politicians.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm guessing the majoriy of palestine's population wasn't alive for the second intifada. seems overdue

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

that's why we supply them with the tactical pamps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i say swears online posted:

i'm guessing the majoriy of palestine's population wasn't alive for the second intifada. seems overdue

yeah they have one of the youngest populations in the world outside of africa due to occupation