Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I'm using Arturia stuff RN, did I show you kids this:

I like this thing, I just wish you could do some more of those tricks with the pads like you can with SQ controllers. You can do some, but you can't reverse, for example. But I like it and I think I'm going to make it my regular drum machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DaWolfey posted:

85% off V-Collection 9 if you have 8 - just €99

A no brainer at that price really
How long does this last? I don't have the money at the moment but I might later if the sale is still going.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic posted:

How long does this last? I don't have the money at the moment but I might later if the sale is still going.

Three more weeks according to the site.

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.

DaWolfey posted:

I don't know if I've posted it here before but I've got a Google Worksheet that compares the contents of all Arturia V Collection drops: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TfY8QVII7d34lDYsvplSk8OtFln6jQlKUZTVglNbXOk/edit#gid=0

I upgraded to V8 like 2 weeks before 9 dropped, lol.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

petit choux posted:

You people made me buy Pigments
Yep. They do this often.

DaWolfey posted:

... and FX Collection 3 for €49

Are they going out of business !?
Nope. They do this often.

the numa numa song
Oct 3, 2006

Even though
I'm better than you
I am not

DaWolfey posted:

No brainer if you have 8? I have 7!
*checks*
...I have 6. Guess I'm finally getting the mellotron!

Boody
Aug 15, 2001

DaWolfey posted:

I don't have 8 but I have FX collection 3/Pigments and the cross grade for V-Collection 9 is only 149 euro.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

the numa numa song posted:

No brainer if you have 8? I have 7!
*checks*
...I have 6. Guess I'm finally getting the mellotron!

The mellotron is one of my favorite things ever. Good choice

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Just added the Pigments, ciao

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Not even Red Means Recording can make Pigments' harmonic engine make sense to me but I still love it.

For anyone that has a Microfreak, although the knobs aren't much use for Midi that capacitive keyplate thing is so good for Pigments and stuff like CS80V that make use of aftertouch, can get really expressive

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Trig Discipline posted:

Three more weeks according to the site.
And apparently you can split it into a few monthly payments, phew. That makes it easier. Will definitely be buying that before the sale ends on 12/6.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

omg pigments is so deep

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Just upgraded to V Collection 9 for €99and got Waves platinum bundle a couple weeks back when it was $99.
Id like to say I'm done for plugins for a bit but we all know that's a lie.

What are people's underrated Waves gems?
GTR3 seems to be way better than it has any right to be. The pedals are good anyway as I can use them with other ampsims but I'm surprised how usable the actual amps are given their age at this point, way ahead of where say, Guitar Rig was (or if I'm being bitchy, is. It's improved a lot but still has this plasticity to it)

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i generally don’t like waves but i use their Electric88 epiano on occasion and parallel particles is pretty rad

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.

NonzeroCircle posted:

What are people's underrated Waves gems?
I use MetaFilter in nearly every project. I use the MIDI-controlled cutoff frequency to simulate filter key-follow on my ancient hardware synths that are a nightmare to automate.

Element is my go-to subtractive synth for anything where I already know the sound I want and don't feel like browsing through a million presets. Everything on one page; super easy to cook up any basic synth patch.

Doubler is exactly what I need when something needs... doubling. Or tripling. There are a couple presets that do what I need most of the time, but just dialing in the levels/mix and pitch differences manually is super fast too.

H-Delay is fantastic as well, for gritty old school tape loop delay effects. (The Manny Marroquin Delay is pretty good, too.)

EDIT: Oh poo poo, how could I forget Vocal Rider and Bass Rider? Every project.

Radiapathy fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 21, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Radiapathy posted:

I use MetaFilter in nearly every project. I use the MIDI-controlled cutoff frequency to simulate filter key-follow on my ancient hardware synths that are a nightmare to automate.

Element is my go-to subtractive synth for anything where I already know the sound I want and don't feel like browsing through a million presets. Everything on one page; super easy to cook up any basic synth patch.

Doubler is exactly what I need when something needs... doubling. Or tripling. There are a couple presets that do what I need most of the time, but just dialing in the levels/mix and pitch differences manually is super fast too.

H-Delay is fantastic as well, for gritty old school tape loop delay effects. (The Manny Marroquin Delay is pretty good, too.)

EDIT: Oh poo poo, how could I forget Vocal Rider and Bass Rider? Every project.

Wow thanks for tthat, metafilter sounds good from you and looks good at the website.

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Spitfire Audio has a sale going live in 7 hours from this post.

I’m trying so hard to be good but I know I’m going to cave before the end of all this. I’ve already picked up a Max 8 licence

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Amongst all of the black Fridays and cyber Mondays I picked up the new V collection, Komplete 14 (mostly for Playbox), and Sugar Bytes' new granular plugin Graindad. Playbox and Graindad are both wild creativity engines, and combining the two is just endlessly entertaining. Haven't really dug into V collection much because most of them are things I've had for years, but the new additions seem cool.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It's not on sale but I did compulsively buy it after the demo and I have to say (and I don't know where else I could say this and have it make sense to anyone):

Coldfire distortion is the coolest loving distortion plugin since izotope trash

It is so much fun, so easy to get weird sounds, so easy to automate
anyone remotely on the fence should go for it without hesitation

watho
Aug 2, 2013

i just bought rift i thought i would be satisfied in the distortion department :negative:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Rift is extremely good tho

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

V Collection 9 is like 300bux :shittypop: Worth getting, or should I wait to get 8 cheap instead?

I’m also considering FX plugins that are more complex than the basic delay/reverb/chorus/flanger/phaser/distortion plugins you get in Renoise. Not sure how much I want to drop on that, though.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 28, 2022

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
I yoinked this https://aberrantdsp.com/plugins/digitalis/ and the V update to 9. Efx Fragments is really cool. Some effects are excluded though, not sure if Arturia is looking for an excuse to create two tiers of V.

Pollyanna: check https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/unfiltered_audio_byome.html

watho
Aug 2, 2013

digitalis is v good yeah, i’ve used it a lot since picking it up

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:hmmyes: I’m going to need both of those.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Playbox is really calling to me, but the Komplete upgrades aren't on sale so it can wait.

Bought a bunch of brush drum samples, and maybe that'll be it.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's not on sale but I did compulsively buy it after the demo and I have to say (and I don't know where else I could say this and have it make sense to anyone):

Coldfire distortion is the coolest loving distortion plugin since izotope trash

It is so much fun, so easy to get weird sounds, so easy to automate
anyone remotely on the fence should go for it without hesitation

It's very rude of Arturia to not have this in their FX Collection bundle

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Korg Gadget 2 is $20 so I’m gonna get that too.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Splinter posted:

It's very rude of Arturia to not have this in their FX Collection bundle

I actually bought the FX collection after demoing Coldfire assuming it was in there
well imagine my disappointment when I started installing stuff.

It's fine I guess... arturia is like 90% of my workflow at this point, they can have a little extra money.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

Korg Gadget 2 is $20 so I’m gonna get that too.

I think you left out a zero

Boody
Aug 15, 2001

petit choux posted:

I think you left out a zero

iOS version is $20, Mac version is $199 currently.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Boody posted:

iOS version is $20, Mac version is $199 currently.

Yow

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:laffo: I did not know that. Yeah I just have it on my phone to play around with/experiment.

Wish it had an actual 4-6 op FM synth. :sigh:

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
If you need one of those, what about http://www.primal-audio.com/fm4.html? Or do you want it integrated so you can do more than just use it as a sound source?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I mean I thought it would come with a DX7 clone I could putz around with on my phone :v:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Trying out different configurations. I have decided the Arturia Spark 2 is going to run on its own dedicated machine since I got this nice touchscreen POS machine at a thrift store. I think it can handle it. Although it has its own dedicated input device it is also really well suited to use on a touch screen.

[

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

And a further note, the screen has too much latency to properly use as an instrument, but that's where having the hardware controller is nice. There's a square area you can see that's like a kaos pad or whatever, and the hardware interface feels a little unresponsive compared to this. And also, the hardware unit has multitouch so you can press as many buttons as you want, and this screen has like 3-point multitouch or so. Frankly, I think I'd rather have a dedicated hardware device but then this also gives me the opportunity to stick in my favorite VSTs.

Right now I'm using the drum machine in standalone and it's fine on this machine, which says it has a Quad 1.99ghz with it appears 4 GB of RAM and not much room for more. This is a POS machine with a slot for a credit card that I bought at a thrift store by accident. Tempted to sell it but I'll never get a big touch screen like this for so little again, in all likelihood. I thought I was buying a terminal.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 9, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Sonic Charge has made a nice addon for Microtonic, apparently just released.

https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/2200-beatspace

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

And I've been playing around with this beatspace, it's pretty nice. It's got like thousands of presets and you can drag the cursor and they transition smoothly, lots of other things. It's pretty cool looking too, though it's too small.

Anybody besides me crazy for a good arpeggiator? Can you recommend me a good one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just use Bitwig's built in arp with a bunch of modulation tricks, but back when I used a separate arp plugin I really liked Kirnu Cream.