Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah posting a link to SAMart is fine as long as you're not spamming it in seventy threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Thanks all. Yeah just this and the retro games thread. Hopefully it finds a home.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Forty bucks off and a cool 3D printed grip gratis is a pretty good deal, too.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Hey Rinkles, if you haven't found a 3DS yet, and you don't mind going used, you might want to try Swappa. I've only ever bought phones from there, but I've bought I think 7 of them since 2012 and have been satisfied with all of them.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Thanks, I’ll keep it in mind.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Ron Paul “it’s happening” gif.
My analogue pocket shipped half an hour ago and it says it will get delivered Sunday edit: they say it's arriving Saturday now! Woooooo.

otter fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 24, 2022

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Well I had some extra money in my PayPal balance so I ordered the goddamn RP3+ lol. I'll probably toss the RP3 on SA-Mart once I get it

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I used to scoff at the wasted space when 16:9 devices started coming out but now that I can do PSP, DS and streaming, this poo poo rules.

Set up Drastic last night. I love how customizable the screen positioning is. 100% playable the way I have it for the most important titles (Castlevania.)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IF3_8HTeKY

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I have a shield tv pro and when I plug in the controller to charge it, it gets pretty dang warm. Is that normal behavior?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I have a shield tv pro and when I plug in the controller to charge it, it gets pretty dang warm. Is that normal behavior?

Sounds like your controller is taking way too much power, overheating the device. Or the device doesn't get enough ventilation to dissipate the heat due to dirt and/or blocked port.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

just setup Moonlight/Sunshine on my Odin for that sweet remote play, now i get to be bad in Warzone on the go

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Photex posted:

just setup Moonlight/Sunshine on my Odin for that sweet remote play, now i get to be bad in Warzone on the go

Moonlight is next for me.

I got my ROMs, cores, bios’s, achievements and all the nitty gritty with pre-PSX consoles working beautiful with Daijisho > RetroArch, now I’m playing with dedicated emulator tweaks and they get pretty nuts on the RP3+. PSP and PSX running at 3X resolution is surprising to me. Also some of the GameCube games I’ve always wanted to try, like Pikmin, are 100% good to go.

I think Russ nailed it with his PS2/GC take. Don’t get a 3+ for these systems but you can have some of their games, as a treat.

Also yo how have I never gotten into Retro Achievements?? These are making me crack out some of the weirder games from my childhood just to work on gettin some trophies. Also games I thought didn’t age well but did, like Sonic CD.

Sonic CD slaps!

Rolo fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 23, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

RetroAchivements is great for helping solve "emulator syndrome" a bit

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

kirbysuperstar posted:

RetroAchivements is great for helping solve "emulator syndrome" a bit

For real. I love adding and scraping huge libraries then feeling my attention span implode just looking at them.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Genre categories helped me a lot with library paralysis. I put em on the home screen

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I made a curated collection of roms to put on my RP3 and I still get choice paralysis

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I ordered 2 different V90 from Amazon because they have different ship date. Got one today. Even though the listing doesn't say Powkiddy the actual console does. I guess they are all Powkiddys.

The gb folder has 3 versions of tetris but doesn't have the OG Tetris, what a terrible travesty. So far I haven't found any way to make a favorite list. Do I have to make a new folder in the sd card to curate a bestof list?

I really like the GB SP form factor, if Powkiddy make a metal version for extra $30 mark up, I would get one myself.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

beer gas canister posted:

Genre categories helped me a lot with library paralysis. I put em on the home screen

This is something I’ve been experimenting with in Diajishō, an android front end everyone should at least glance at. There’s a page specifically for “widgets” which I’m filling with my retro achievements and useful android apps but also shortcuts to my favorite ROMs that I’m taking out of the list environment for a bit.

Daijishō seriously rules. In just a few misguided hours of tinkering I’ve gotten it where I’m done with the android home screen.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I think the bugbear for me is figuring out some sort of save sync between Android and my Launchbox install on the PC. Which is.. probably something the Android version of LB should offer in some way but does not.

I have some ideas on making it work at least, once the clurple is released from the Sydney depot I will put these ideas into action

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think the bugbear for me is figuring out some sort of save sync between Android and my Launchbox install on the PC. Which is.. probably something the Android version of LB should offer in some way but does not.

I have some ideas on making it work at least, once the clurple is released from the Sydney depot I will put these ideas into action

Would FolderSync on Android accomplish what you're trying to do? I've used it to sync Retroarch saves/savestates to a OneDrive folder, and it gives you some control over how to handle timestamp conflicts and different file types within folders.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, that was what I was considering mostly

Might be a bit cumbersome in some ways but it's not like any game save sync is without faults (Steam, Xbox, god forbid Nintendo)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I ordered my RP3+ yesterday and it already shipped. Marked improvement from the RP3 where it took over a month to ship lol

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I ordered my RP3+ yesterday and it already shipped. Marked improvement from the RP3 where it took over a month to ship lol

14 months for odin btw.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They said shipping would start on the 18 and mine did. At 2am local. Then got here 2 days later from China.

DHL is witchcraft.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Man I think I bought the day after Rolo did and mine hasn’t shopped yet. I guess I’ll have to email.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bogart posted:

Man I think I bought the day after Rolo did and mine hasn’t shopped yet. I guess I’ll have to email.

Which color did you order? They seem to have different wait times based on color. They have a delivery dashboard with estimated shipping dates

https://www.goretroid.com/pages/delivery-dashboard

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You wouldn't buy a non-clurple model... would you???

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
blurple baby!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Which color did you order? They seem to have different wait times based on color. They have a delivery dashboard with estimated shipping dates

https://www.goretroid.com/pages/delivery-dashboard

Clurple. I also set an alarm to order it within like 10 seconds of it going live.

I was excited for this one and half expected a longer ship time.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I bought clear blue on the 11th. 😔

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator
I got a clurple on the 9th and I still haven’t gotten my shipping notification

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

free him!!!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Now there's a steam game about making bespoke third party retro consoles and stuff like the playdate

Retro Gadgets

Addendum: RP3+ versus the latest Anbernic, no surprise here who wins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5owHHqCUUek

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 28, 2022

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

I got my Analogue Pocket yesterday (Sorry Pablo, they wouldn't change the address to yours).
I haven't even got a chance to turn the power on, but I opened the boxes and put the Pocket into the hard case thing.
The only issue I have with it at all is that I got it stuck in the hard case and almost had to break it to get it out.

Everything just feels so premium with it.
Got a pretty hard side-eye from the wife when it arrived.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Did you put it in the hard case upside down or backwards? Mine doesn’t get stuck at all.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

otter posted:

I got my Analogue Pocket yesterday (Sorry Pablo, they wouldn't change the address to yours).

It’s okay I’ll forgive you. My RP3+ arrived today

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Chemmy posted:

Did you put it in the hard case upside down or backwards? Mine doesn’t get stuck at all.

Funny thing is it arrived with the lid flipped upside down and I was like "This doesn't sit right"...
It looks amazing on my desk though.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Apologies for the dumb question - talk to me like I'm 5

When I've gotten into emulation it's always go here download an emulator, go there download bios, go there and download isos. Then I put everything in the same folder or whatever and it kinda works but I'll try burnout and there is no sky and other such issues.

My question: is there a place that has a big download with everything already tinkered with and ready to go or is the only way to get this stuff to work is to get elbows deep into the guts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The only thing I can think of like that is the Steam Deck’s Emudeck setup. On PC you’re going to be in the settings menus for at least something.