Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

in as https://cohost.org/yardsalad

used to post with other yosposters on twitter a few years ago. might effortpost some art or programming stuff idk. so far cohost is pretty fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Luigi Thirty posted:

i like cohost but my posting strategy of blasting bad jokes into the aether does not seem to fit it

otoh my effortposts on old computers do

personally i love seeing shitposts, they're nice to have when i don't feel like reading huge walls of text (most of the time)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its knocked my one line shits way down. which is probably good for me

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

much as twitter was crafted in such a way as to invite low-effort shitposts, everything about cohost seems to invite effortposting- the comparative lack of low-effort engagement feedback, the large post size limit, the tag system, etc

but I still like seeing shitposts and shitposting is the only kind of posting I can do so shitchosts ahoy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Progressive JPEG posted:

does everyone else get logged out roughly once every day or two or is it just me

getting logged out of something is my number one frustration with anything ever and will probably put me off using something in the long run 😭

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
it'd've been very frustrating if i didn't use a password manager for sure

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

does your password manager also put you back on the page you were trying to visit or does it just follow cohost's behavior of kicking you to the home page every time you log in?

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
okay, yeah that would be annoying i'm usually just trying to get to the home page

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AtomD posted:

it'd've been very frustrating if i didn't use a password manager for sure

it still sucks

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i have only logged in twice ever. does it really log you out if you log in somewhere else? lol

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Zamujasa posted:

i have only logged in twice ever. does it really log you out if you log in somewhere else? lol

it used to log me out a lot but now i just log in when i haven't touched in a long time on a single machine

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

echinopsis posted:

getting logged out of something is my number one frustration with anything ever and will probably put me off using something in the long run 😭

I just logged in once and I'm still logged-in. Sounds like a skill issue

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
https://cohost.org/odnoyabr come for the meaningless posts about the uzbek embassy, stay for ???

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

aw frig aw dang it posted:

I just logged in once and I'm still logged-in. Sounds like a skill issue

ableist website

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

doesn't really work as a thing to quickly check on your phone or whatever if it throws up a login screen every time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

ableist website

reminds me of another political group that has exactly one joke

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I only get a login prompt about once a day and when I change devices, I haven't found it burdensome :shrug:

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
idk i guess ill try it and post my minis on it

@evilmurries

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

so far all i do is post pictures of food or something

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

dioxazine posted:

so far all i do is post pictures of food or something

neat! i just post garbage

edit: a pro-chost https://cohost.org/snart/post/423823-do-you-or-a-loved-on

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

made an effortpost about D&B, jonny290 prolly gonna come along and be like "WRONG WRONG WRONG" https://cohost.org/garbo/post/425709-d-b-talk

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
neat post. i never followed label politics or anything really, i just know what i like and have impeccable taste :smuggo:

e: also i dont know anything about the scene after like 2006 or so, there are a couple artists i watch for now but thats all

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

while we're on the topic, what do you think about ICON by the Lancer creators?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

neat post. i never followed label politics or anything really, i just know what i like and have impeccable taste :smuggo:

e: also i dont know anything about the scene after like 2006 or so, there are a couple artists i watch for now but thats all

thanks jonny. yeah i only entered the scene in like 2006 so i am a mere childe. i've always been fascinated by the way labels formed in the scene and cut out the mega labels and poo poo. also im basically the same as you these days, i just watch blackout/eatbrain labels and current value/billain elsewhere

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

dioxazine posted:

while we're on the topic, what do you think about ICON by the Lancer creators?

i have no reference or knowledge of this sorry

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

idk that either it better be good!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

New mobile layout is so good.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Progressive JPEG posted:

does everyone else get logged out roughly once every day or two or is it just me

I posted in their bug forum about this

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
ahem.

eggbug forum

repugnant
Jun 29, 2005

You can only think of me.

lurker, now following ppl in this thread. Going to post photography and AI art stuff at https://cohost.org/woltman

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I clicked on your link and this is what I saw

can’t believe it would ask me to log in

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
why?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
because I already logged in some other day

clearly not paying enough attention to the widespread logout drama

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

every day i'm logging in

<party rock anthem tune>

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Progressive JPEG posted:

every day i'm logging in

<party rock anthem tune>

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

https://cohost.org/Kindle

i post pictures of birds

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Bloody posted:

https://cohost.org/Kindle

i post pictures of birds

birds are rad and those are good bird pics you posted

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

how long til cohost gets a login session cookie that lasts more than, seemingly, 3h

supposedly the session cookie doesnt expire for 7 days but i dont think ive ever not had to log in after a day or so

also wish plain string search was a thing since i dont think anyone is using tags for the tags i am interested in, if they're using cohost at all (doubtful). fortunately through the magic of post editing i am starting this trend and now have the first use of #uzbekistan on the platform

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

i guess they're working on it?

https://cohost.org/staff/post/470372-potential-downtime-n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
something awful dot com is the only website that respects you enough to not log you out

every other website treats you with contempt