Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Elon is days away from declaring death con 5 on the _______

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

vaginite posted:

Why doesn’t Elon just hire some comedy writers to ghost write his tweets like a normal rich person

Maybe some of the Bojack guys?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rebel Blob posted:

I don't know why Musk deleted this, because he's just continued to dig that hole for himself.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1595466497836843009
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1595464142147624960

:fuckoff:

I see why he bought Twitter to spew his increasingly inane and disgusting opinions at everyone, otherwise there would be a resounding chorus of "Shut the gently caress up", and Il Douchbag can't take criticism to his fee-fees

I feel like we are full Mask off at this point. He's not even trying to cover up his Apartheid baby opinions.

That site needs to die

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

Lucky Guy posted:

i also lust for the death of children, and am completely mentally healthy

The student loan guy gets raked but no one bats an eye at this. loving seriously?

Edit not lucky but he poster who he qouted

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Hey guys and gals, I'm starting to think this Musk fellow may not be all that great.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Elon Mask off

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

You know who we should listen to on American Race Relations? A guy who grew up rich literally off the backs of forced labor in an Apartheid system!

Can we just deport him already? Send him back

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
I guess I shouldn't be surprised Musk has finally gone mask off, but maybe he should have posted a poll on whether or not to publically reveal hes fash first to make sure it's ok

Chernobyl baby fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 23, 2022

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol that he still has that really dumb halloween costume profile pic

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He's constantly replying to right wing grifters, nazis, and racists. But he says he's moderate. Sure.

His downfall can't happen soon enough. Anyone still advertising on Twitter needs to be boycotted.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

someone posted this earlier but its absolutely a pro-click

https://mobile.twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1595453406956908547

be sure to stay for the humorless commentors

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

yeah

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Anyone still advertising on Twitter needs to be boycotted.

Do you have a (current) list?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
When you request your Twitter archive do you get an alert on the website or is it emailed to you?

I want my archive, delete my account, and bug out while watching the fires from a safe distance.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

DeadButDelicious posted:

When you request your Twitter archive do you get an alert on the website or is it emailed to you?

I want my archive, delete my account, and bug out while watching the fires from a safe distance.

You get an email saying it's done. Then you have to log back into the same settings page you requested it and there will be a download link.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Elon is days away from declaring death con 5 on the _______

Defcon 5 is the lowest level it's defined as "normal"

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

Even if it's not satire but open criticism and critique of their values they still don't loving get it.

Media for them exists to extract raw material for excuses. The whole of the work is irrelevant. It can be broken down and the unwelcome parts discarded. The appealing parts will be added to the system of excuses they repeat to others and themselves to excuse doing whatever they want.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Nitrousoxide posted:

Hey guys and gals, I'm starting to think this Musk fellow may not be all that great.

Troublesome.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Just curious but what is the point of getting a Twitter archive? It seems pointless to me but maybe I’m missing a reason other than “I may want to review my shitposts someday.”

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

pixaal posted:

Defcon 5 is the lowest level it's defined as "normal"

True true

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Murdstone posted:

Just curious but what is the point of getting a Twitter archive? It seems pointless to me but maybe I’m missing a reason other than “I may want to review my shitposts someday.”

I got mine so that I could import the tweet file into a program to delete my old tweets. The Twitter API has a limit on showing only the 3200 most recent tweets. So if you have more than 3200 lifetime tweets you need the archive to get the tweet IDs.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Elon Musk Keeps Quoting Elon Musk About His Genius

The Twitter CEO is super impressed—by points he once made as the Tesla CEO. Reality distortion field, anyone?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-11-23/elon-musk-replies-to-his-own-quotes-on-twitter

As FTX Group was crumbling in mid-November, Elon Musk stumbled across a topical post about cryptocurrencies. “As I’ve said before, don’t bet the farm on crypto!” the tweet read, suggesting entrepreneurs instead create “true value” by focusing on their “fellow human beings.” Musk agreed. “Exactly,” he tweeted in response.

Like many Twitter users, Musk's preferred mode on the site is that of reply guy. His responses to random Tesla stans and conspiracy theorists draw substantial engagement, given the size of his following (118 million and counting). In this case, Musk was actually replying to himself. The source of the crypto wisdom was an account called Musk University, which promises to "Expand and Protect the Light of Consciousness" by posting things that Musk has said.

Musk is a fan, regularly tweeting his agreement with the account and similar ones, such as Elon's Wisdom and Elon Musk Quotes. He's agreed with himself more than a dozen times in recent months, approving of his thoughts on points as diverse as the awesomeness of manufacturing and the Musk management philosophy, which amounts to having Musk do the hard jobs himself because there's no one available who's as good as Musk. He also frequently likes posts by fans featuring his quotations as if they were biblical verses.

Advertisers—that is, those who haven't already bailed—probably cringed, but after Musk's masturbation jokes and conspiracy theorizing in recent weeks, they hardly could have been surprised. Musk, for his part, seemed to be enjoying the spectacle of spending $44 billion on a company and then setting it on fire. "Twitter is ALIVE," he recently boasted.

A large percentage of the 4,000 or so remaining employees—many of whom are highly skilled engineers who will have no trouble finding jobs that don't require constant humiliation rituals and which involve organizational objectives more satisfying than helping the world's richest man pay off a $13 billion loan—decided that they were not, in fact, extremely hardcore.

The result was absolute chaos. Badges didn't work. Some teams lost all their employees. Musk treated it—as he has throughout his destructive tenure—as a hilarious gag, tweeting funeral memes and cracking more crude jokes.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

good job elon

https://twitter.com/Anwalt_Jun/status/1595484353882210312

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I'm not sure how confident I'd feel about my lawyer posting gotcha tweets to the guy I'm suing but hey

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
This is extremely rich coming from the son of a South African Emerald mine owner. gently caress this guy

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1595535360863395842?s=20&t=3oInU_i8kkVfHsIk6QGSMA

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"Elon Musk is super handsome and not at all the texture of car tire rubber and a super genius, and also Grimes was a fool to leave him" @elonmusk

"Correct" @elonmusk

Just fall into a woodchipper already

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
At least George did something useful, now I will never need to log into this dumb site

https://twitter.com/realGeorgeHotz/status/1594906882027552773

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Harminoff posted:

At least George did something useful, now I will never need to log into this dumb site

Who is this no name moron and why is he Elon's point man?

Nevermind I feel like I answered my own question

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

TulliusCicero posted:

Who is this no name moron and why is he Elon's point man?

Nevermind I feel like I answered my own question

geohotz, He is the guy that hacked the ps3/iphone/has his own self driving car company comma.ai

So no, not a moron. Dumb for working for Elon for free and fixing this mess, yes.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

DRINK ME posted:

The only way Alex Jones line-in-the-sand makes sense to me is if Nole is loving someone who expressed strong opinions about him platforming Jones again. Sure he’s acting like it’s his decision and stealing his ex’s dead infant story but given the people he replies to and has given accounts back to, I just don’t see Alex Jones being a problem for him.

He’s surrounded by sycophants and rear end-kissers who either wouldn’t say anything against him or he wouldn’t care if they did but if someone said they would no longer tolerate his cold clammy touch in bed, maybe that stopped it.

Elon doesn't gently caress, I thought this was well established?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Harminoff posted:

So no, not a moron. Dumb for working for Elon for free and fixing this mess, yes.

what's the evidence he's working for free? I saw $2000/week tossed around somewhere, which seems uh, low for a "come fix it all superhero cowboy" since it's probably pretty similar to what RandomFiredEngineerLevel2 was making, but that's a hell of a lot more money than most people make.

Elon is a moron for thinking that someone whose claim to fame is mobile code exploits is going to be a good fit to solve front end and web stack problems, but, the guy ALSO runs what appears to be an insanely dangerous and probably illegal self-driving-car-mod-kit-thing, so, birds of a feather tweet together?

thin blue whine posted:

Elon doesn't gently caress, I thought this was well established?

pretend I was on my desktop and fed this into stablediffusion and inpainted elon's face here. Or something

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Cabbages and Kings posted:

what's the evidence he's working for free? I saw $2000/week tossed around somewhere, which seems uh, low for a "come fix it all superhero cowboy" since it's probably pretty similar to what RandomFiredEngineerLevel2 was making, but that's a hell of a lot more money than most people make.

Elon is a moron for thinking that someone whose claim to fame is mobile code exploits is going to be a good fit to solve front end and web stack problems, but, the guy ALSO runs what appears to be an insanely dangerous and probably illegal self-driving-car-mod-kit-thing, so, birds of a feather tweet together?

He's a true believer/clout chaser. He said he would work for the experience. He only asked for living expenses (the 2k a week).

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

getting $2k a week and then asking the internet to figure the work out for you would be genius were it not for the fact he would lick Musks shoes without even being asked to

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Ratjaculation posted:

getting $2k a week and then asking the internet to figure the work out for you would be genius were it not for the fact he would lick Musks shoes without even being asked to

It's $2K to get close and suck up to Musk enough for Musk to force the Tesla board to buy comma.ai for a few hundred million. He's looking for a big pay day. These people are all grifters pretending to like Musk.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Harminoff posted:

Elons going to fire him for wanting to get rid of that!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

waffle iron posted:

I got mine so that I could import the tweet file into a program to delete my old tweets. The Twitter API has a limit on showing only the 3200 most recent tweets. So if you have more than 3200 lifetime tweets you need the archive to get the tweet IDs.
That’s a good reason! I could still reinstate my account and do this but I doubt I have that many tweets anyways so I don’t think I’ll bother.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Rad Russian posted:

It's $2K to get close and suck up to Musk enough for Musk to force the Tesla board to buy comma.ai for a few hundred million. He's looking for a big pay day. These people are all grifters pretending to like Musk.

Maybe in that George has said self driving phase 3 is too hard, so Elon buying it to bury it would make sense.

Comma.ai is all about lidar though for navigation and Tesla is anti lidar so he wouldn't be buying it to use the tech.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

1965917 posted:

His name is "a bad-un", and the company had to put out a statement reminding everyone its satire.

People are just thick.

...You know Abaddon is a thing, right? Like a Bible thing? They didn't make up the name to sound like "a bad one".

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Murdstone posted:

I'm usually black out drunk when I shitpost on twitter, so an archive like this will be like unearthing a never before seen cache of unfunny mediocrity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
When Facebook first came out I thought it was going to be awesome for future generations to look at and see what their parents/grandparents did on a daily basis with pictures/videos. Just a really cool journal to look back on.

Instead now it's 95% memes. I spent a few days blocking every "shared post" in my feed, so I can just see actual text that people post.

Turns out nothing and my feed is pretty much blank.