Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Cd Project Red streaming the next gen update stuff on twitch:

https://twitch.tv/cdprojektred

edit:
the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBT2SP21f3Q

Issaries fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Looks exactly the same, tbh. That's fine, and I hope the raytracing options fix some of the wonky shadows.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I wasn't expecting any more content for this game at all so yeah, "basically the same but a little better" is fine

itry
Aug 23, 2019

They said they added some small quests and recorded extra voice lines with all the Geralts. Also added a full chinese dub, if that interests anyone.

The new/alternative Dandelion looks wrong.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
wonder if they changed how oils work

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

itry posted:

The new/alternative Dandelion looks wrong.

so ~*dreamy*~

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

It's not incredible looking or anything, but I have an RX5700 on its way to me right now and so I'm happy I'll get to see what all this raytracing poo poo is about.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Nobody Interesting posted:

It's not incredible looking or anything, but I have an RX5700 on its way to me right now and so I'm happy I'll get to see what all this raytracing poo poo is about.

sorry, but if that's indeed the card you're getting, it's not gonna be able to pull off any RT in this game

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Rinkles posted:

sorry, but if that's indeed the card you're getting, it's not gonna be able to pull off any RT in this game

Typo! It's a 6700XT. I'm jumping from a 1070 though so even a 5700 would have been a slight upgrade :v:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i don't mean to be a bummer, but i think that still won't run great with all the rt settings on.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

I didn't pay a lot for it (work covered half, even), so I'm not expecting anything earth shattering. It has the features so I can at least see what the current gen looks like and it's a good step up from the 1070.

You're not bumming me too hard - I appreciate being able to set my expectations appropriately!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

it's a good card, AMD is just really behind Nvidia in RT (which is still really more of a novelty except in the highest end cards because of the performance cost)

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Yeah, my understanding of RT is that it's mostly a gimmick, but I'm a sucker for nice scenes so if I can have those reflections and still have a decent time... I'm here for it.

I figure it'll get switched off eventually tho

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

quote:

A new Ultra+ graphics preset and settings for PC
Ray traced global illumination and ray traced ambient occlusion for PC
FSR 2 & DLSS implementation
4K Quality textures and models
Reworked screen space reflections
Better visuals across the board on PS5, comparable to Ultra graphics settings on PC
A fully integrated photo mode
A new gameplay camera option, which positions the camera close to Geralt, over his right shoulder (a bit like the camera in God of War Ragnarok)
Two graphics settings on PS5: performance (60fps) and quality (30fps with raytracing)
Full DualSense controller support, with haptic feedback and adaptive triggers in gameplay
New controls for Sign casting — hold down the trigger and press a Sign's assigned face button to use Signs without having to open the radial menu in combat
Much faster load times on PS5 when loading your game or fast travelling
The map now has filters, letting you disable or enable certain icons
Small gameplay tweaks and rebalancing throughout the game (to be fully detailed in upcoming patch notes)
New walking and running controls, giving you more control over Geralt's movement speed (optional)
Subtitles can be made larger
You can now pause the game during cutscenes
Simplified Chinese voice acting and localisation added
Improved localisation for other languages
Hybrid minimap option, which makes the minimap fade away after a set amount of time (until you press the focus button again)
A new quest inspired by Netflix's The Witcher series
New swords, armours, and items
Alternate outfit for Dandelion
Cross-save and cross-progression across all platforms
Looking good.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
The other game that I overspent on a gpu 18 monthsnago is finally coming. Can't wait to see the game with GI enabled.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/PhiWeber/status/1595482432190513153

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Glad to hear that Geralt will no longer break his shins after falling down a ladder

edit: I don't see a reason to replay this game but it is nice that they're giving it a bit more love after all these years.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

i'm not in a hurry to do it, but i think i have another run or two in me before i die, glad it'll be slightly different this time

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I only ever finished W3 and Hearts of Stone once and never played more than the intro to Blood & Wine, so I am absolutely diving back into this.

Maybe I'll force myself to see a Triss romance through to the end this time...

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
lol, I've finished it at least 3 or 4 times with probably another 3 or 4 halfway abandoned runs. Don't think I'll bother with a new one though.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I'm wrapping up my 11th playthrough when I get back from the holiday :smugdog::pipe:

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I forgot, how do you unlock alternative outfit for Ciri? (and triss and yen I guess) Is it just available somewhere in the options, or new game+ or something?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

macabresca posted:

I forgot, how do you unlock alternative outfit for Ciri? (and triss and yen I guess) Is it just available somewhere in the options, or new game+ or something?

It's in the options, under DLC. There's just a toggle for the things.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Fortaleza posted:

I'm wrapping up my 11th playthrough when I get back from the holiday :smugdog::pipe:

I've done three and a half playthroughs (well, first was without DLCs) and I've found new stuff every time. Though this time there will actually be added content.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
New dialogue from Geralt makes me happy. I really like Doug's voice.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Fritz the Horse posted:

I've done three and a half playthroughs (well, first was without DLCs) and I've found new stuff every time. Though this time there will actually be added content.

Even found new-to-me content this last play through. If you do the little night quest in Oxenfurt to get rid of some guys harassing a lady there’s a follow-up later in a corner of the city just south of the western gate that I’d never seen or heard of before the harassers jump you but the lady shows up with a sword and helps you out, turns out she can take care of herself afterall

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Played twice, once completely new to the franchise and once after having read all the books and having played W1 & W2

It's been long enough that I probably forgot a lot of it and I can't wait to get into it again

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

I only ever finished W3 and Hearts of Stone once and never played more than the intro to Blood & Wine, so I am absolutely diving back into this.

Maybe I'll force myself to see a Triss romance through to the end this time...

I’ve never actually seen the triss romance, I got….too ambitious and got a different resolution for my second run. Time for a third I suppose (but not like last time)

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Arc Hammer posted:

New dialogue from Geralt makes me happy. I really like Doug's voice.

I played Horizon Zero Dawn earlier this year and immediately noticed Doug Cockle as random background characters in that game since he's reading the lines in Geralt's raspy voice.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

I’ve never actually seen the triss romance, I got….too ambitious and got a different resolution for my second run. Time for a third I suppose (but not like last time)

:wiggle:

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
por que no los dos??

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Oh my god they did it...

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7171088773193682182

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Haha! It looks like a cock because they're a bunch of stuck-up COCKS! Got em!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've been watching the new star wars show and I just realized that I've been hearing Yennefer all season. One of the antagonists is played by Denise Gough.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Seems me putting off playing the game forever is all going to work out for me with the update.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Witcher 1 Remake with an open world

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1597273284634091521?s=20&t=_0Y4tVYR4Ezu89tBp8OS_A

Interesting. I looked at that presentation and it says it won't be a remake but a 'modern reimagining'

Incidentally I decided to replay Witcher 1 (and maybe 2) ((and maybe 3, too)) and coming back to it after playing Wild Hunt feels so nostalgic

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I am actually a little bit disappointed that the Witcher remake will be fully open world. I thought the Witcher 1's "closed open world" with distinct areas per chapter was great and kept things from feeling too aimless, and it let different parts of the world change over the course of the game while other parts stayed mostly the same which kind of let the passage of time feel real as opposed to just little flags being set in the world. And being separated from the main town for a chapter and then returning later to find it in shambles is a thing that's harder to pull off in an open world game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Being less faithful also gives them more ways to gently caress up. Hopefully it won’t be a repeat of the Rise of the White Wolf, their previous attempt at outsourcing a W1 remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Yeah, I feel the same way. If open world means that e.g. in chapter 3 we get to travel from trade quarter to the swamp without any loading screens, then that's cool, but I don't really see a point in making the whole game open world