Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alec Price is so good. It's been a while since I've seen him since I let my IWTV sub lapse a while back, but he was always really fun on all of the Beyond shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/wantedmv/status/1593264563666944001
Knowing the venue it's going to be in; glad it's not going to be totally freezing Wednesday night

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

TUS posted:

I was there too, up on the stage and Hamrick's promo really deflated the crowd. Thankfully everyone else in that scramble knew how to pick us back up. Manders and the company handled it the best they could and there was also this from Effy- https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1594479826081136642

I am so happy Alec Price is getting noticed, dude is awesome!

Were you wrestling? (And obviously you don't have to answer if you'd like to retain anonymity). Overall I thought everyone handled the situation very well, you could tell from everyone in the ring's body language and actions that they were very clearly not okay with the slur but also adapted well and kept the show going.

Effy is once again a class act as usual. Fuckin love that dude!

EDIT: Separate question. I've been watching ICW NHB shows, and I'm enjoying them but I'm kinda confused as to what NHB is. Is ICW the promotion and NHB the show? (like Monday Night Raw?) or is NHB some kinda seperate brand (like ROH in AEW?)

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 21, 2022

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I think it’s to differentiate it from the ICW in Scotland

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Kvlt! posted:

Were you wrestling? (And obviously you don't have to answer if you'd like to retain anonymity). Overall I thought everyone handled the situation very well, you could tell from everyone in the ring's body language and actions that they were very clearly not okay with the slur but also adapted well and kept the show going.

Oh, no I meant I was in the audience... our seats were up on the stage. Which the only way to get to was to walk around through the wrestler entrance.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
yeah I was digging the GCW show until the Ryan Mason vs Allie Katch stuff got pretty uncomfortable so I turned it off. Then Chris Hamrick came out, lmao idk about GCW anymore.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Kvlt! posted:

EDIT: Separate question. I've been watching ICW NHB shows, and I'm enjoying them but I'm kinda confused as to what NHB is. Is ICW the promotion and NHB the show? (like Monday Night Raw?) or is NHB some kinda seperate brand (like ROH in AEW?)

I believe ICW is an old defunct loose network of outlaw promotions like the IWA (IWA: Mid South, IWA: East Coast, IWA: Deep South) but when Danny Demanto bought ICW:NY it was the only one left. Nothing to do with Scottish ICW. They originally weren't a deathmatch promotion and the No Holds Barred gimmick with the chains and the "no submission, no DQ, no loving rules" was a one off deathmatch show. There was a massive reaction and everyone loved the show. They were going to do a No Holds Barred volume 2 when the pandemic hit. They postponed it and eventually moved it to a parking lot in Atlantic City where the NHB gimmick stuck. They weren't running NY anymore so now they're ICWNHB full time.
They're my favorite promotion running today (along with Beyond and H2O) and it's very nice that there's a relatively "woke" deathmatch promotion out there pushing back against the likes of XPW and IWA:DS

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
If I remember right Danny wanted the chains because Sami Callihan was giving him problems. As Sami does. And he didn't want to spend all night changing out the ropes to chains so they went with it. And if I remember right, Sami was deep in the stinker list at the time.

ICW really is the coolest indie right now. Not the biggest drawing fed or to everyone's tastes, admittedly. But they run 2 weekends a month and always put on a spectacle.

And they might get supplanted by Circle 6 if Atticus can find a good streaming deal.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Thanks for all the ICW info everyone! I'm really enjoying watching the shows. I really like Krule, "monster" characters are so hard to do well and he does a great job.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Master P has done it again.

https://twitter.com/KENTAG2S/status/1595091402056429568

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/22/politics/political-tensions-wrestling/index.html
I didn't even realize Progressive Liberal was still wrestling

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He wasn't. He didn't wrestle for like 3 years and has wrestled a few dates this fall. God only knows why CNN thought to write this.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

At this point CNN just has a stable of red neck safari articles that they publish on rotation

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I bought ICW NHB tix through IWTV and the email said "your tickets are attached", but there was no attachment, the email was a noreply, and I can't find any support or contact info on the website. Anyone know where I can get some help?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Contact Danny over twitter

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Last time i bought tickets through iwtv, i got an email that said "tickets attached" but instead of tickets there was a link to a rsvp website and when i got to the venue i just told Drew Cordeiro my name and he gave me a wristband.

The time before that i had to do a PayPal charge back because Vin Gerard wouldn't answer my emails or dms.

If this is for the Worcester shows, hitting up @indiewrestling, @icwnhb, @beyondwrestling on Twitter is probably your best bet

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Bit surprised by this news but I couldn’t be happier for Oku. Been watching him since he first started wrestling and his growth has been unreal

https://twitter.com/officialpwg/status/1595220620794482691?s=46&t=YNzNfw7nx-gxQaDjiFGfuw

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/WeAreGloryPro/status/1595433119443812352

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
All those years of carrying that miserable schlub Austin Aries to greatness are going to come in handy! But for whommmmmmmmm???!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Simpsons dental plan meme but it’s “Charity Show/Lets book Nick Aldis’ and ends with Homer realising if he books Nick Aldis nobody is going to want to watch his charity show.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
It’s Glory Pro, that place still reeks of Elgin.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Seriously, 9 years after losing his New Japan spot for wearing it, Low Ki is still cosplaying as Agent 47 I matches. I'd wonder why, but we all know he's a dingus.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/1595613225520963584

sure

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2nbrASkCvM From the show I went to last night; bummed I missed Dynamite but got to hang out with cool local indie folk and shoot the poo poo with the Enjoy owners; was good vibes.

Any Pittsburgh goons I recommend going even if it means driving to New Kensington. Voodoo Brewery provided the booze too and it's weird the manager/owner is this really working class British guy

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 25, 2022

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/CreateAPro/status/1596243000732049412

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
a bunch of our alumni are champs in AEW......... come watch tyrus

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
If you donate four unwrapped wrestling toys, you don't have to watch him wrestle.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Do former WWE guys like Alex Riley and The Funkasaurus actually draw for these indies at all? Seems like a waste of cash.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

speaking of AEW and champs-
Swerve won a 6-way ladder match to unify the DEFY interim and heavyweight championships.

Christopher Daniels took an absurd amount of punishment on multiple ladder spots and I can only assume dude is gonna retire soon because OOF gently caress

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

El Generico posted:

Do former WWE guys like Alex Riley and The Funkasaurus actually draw for these indies at all? Seems like a waste of cash.

I see posters proclaiming "Former WWE Superstar" that I absolutely do not recognize the name or person at all. When I look them up, they appeared on like 2 Sunday Night Heats as a Jobber. So I'm going to assume guys who got real TV time in the last decade are a pretty decent draw. I went to a show in the middle of nowhere in the last year whose biggest star was Big Cass and apparently it was the largest audience they had drawn up to that point. I think some people just like being able to see WWE stars without having to pay those prices. Or if it's somewhere that a WWE show is never going to come anywhere near. But I can't understand the draw of Tyrus/Alex Riley within throwing distance of Hempstead LI.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That card is all just friends and acquaintances of Cardona and Myers because it’s their yearly charity show for their toy collecting podcast which already has a rabid built in audience who can’t stop setting money on fire, so it’s less that they’re trying to get people through the door with Tyrus and Riley and more that they know Tyrus and Riley.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

the escape goat posted:

speaking of AEW and champs-
Swerve won a 6-way ladder match to unify the DEFY interim and heavyweight championships.

That’s wild. DEFY’s putting a lot of weight on the AEW relationship but if it means more Swerve that’s fine.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Randy was robbed on his birthday.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Thanlis posted:

That’s wild. DEFY’s putting a lot of weight on the AEW relationship but if it means more Swerve that’s fine.

Christopher Daniels, head of talent relations, is a DEFY regular. I think they’ll be alright since that’s a clear indication they’re working with Tony. And it makes sense imo since Swerve was a DEFY champ back in the day.

Randy Myers will have the title back soon enough I’m sure; he was dicked over super hard in the match.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/FiteTV/status/1596968882438557696

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Now THAT'S a weird-rear end show.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I really want that to be a fake Kane like the early 00s WWF ‘tribute’ cards used to have

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NXT signee Ronn Simmons

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i love how its just Kane too. Like hes not having a match. He's just there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

But listed separately from the people also just there to make appearances like Luger, Teddy, and Ronn Simmons.