Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I4g-UaAeOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

External Organs posted:

Those are always the best twists.

Is worst idea of all time any good? I never listened to it

I cruised through a lot of it in late 2020/early 2021 and the early ones were good, late ones were funny as I got to experience their reactions to the NZ infinite lockdowns.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

They do video now? Is that a standard thing?

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

It's a recent development, though so far it's just been clips like that not entire episodes. Maybe they're testing the waters for doing full video eps?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

new monster factoey rules. haven’t laughed for nearly 30 minutes straight like that in some time

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

External Organs posted:

Not WIOAT, but will say the current gold standard for Til Death Do Us Blart is Gryphon's run of it syncing it to Dark Side of the Moon. It's transformative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7wyfTsIm1k

Numbuh 212
Feb 19, 2013

External Organs posted:

I've been catching up since this summer, I'm on season 4 right now. I like it, I think it's really funny. I had a very McElroy-esque problem telling their voices apart to start with, but now they're very distinctive. If you go to their feed now, it starts with season 2, which is them watching Sex and the City 2. I think it's a good place to start because they've got better audio quality and a clearer idea of their structure. Season 1 had some issues as far as early 2010s humor (some use of the r-word and things like that) but they have gotten with the times and they do listen to fan feedback about things like that.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I loved the first three seasons but once they stopped torturing themselves with the same movie every year I tuned out.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Buttman69 returned today in the Besties

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Shinjobi posted:

Buttman69 returned today in the Besties

I really like Pentiment but that segment had me rolling

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I haven't laughed that hard at the besties ever. I would like them to revisit that game.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I started Pentiment and so far I agree with Justin's assessment. I don't know if I have the capacity to get through this game even though I'm sure it is well written

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

im only just catching up with the main mbmbam show. their guest seemed nice but the way he spoke about his role ("the studio didn't want to pay for the original, legendary voice actor and there wasn't a famous celebrity interested in filling the space") doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for the final product

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Oh neat Downtown Griffy Newms is the guest? I’ll have to catch up, I’m 10 episodes behind

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Griffin Newman I think is the best guest they ever have. Maybe Ron Funches. Both of them are extremely good at fitting right in and elevating the show.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Elizabeth Gilbert was great. And bewildering.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
oh gently caress yeah griffin newman?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao: Travis tried to bring back an old bit and it collapsed under its own weight. It was perfect--Justin was cackling at the whole thing and Griffin was just disappointed. Good, dumb goofs.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Very happy Monster Factory is back. Loved the whale bit. What a strange game!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Doing my annual homework watching Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2.

Every year, I forget that Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 is co-written by Nick Bakay.

Ever year, I remember that Norbert Beaver, Salem the Cat, and the Shadowman may be one and the same.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I love deathblart and I just finished a binge-listen in preparation.

I have not watched, and do not plan to watch, Paul Blart Mall Cop 2. I have watched the Big Sticky Mess scene, but nothing else, even the banana. It can't possibly be as good as not having seen it.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
i watched it with the commentary track. i did consider just listening to that one as a podcast but that seemed like a way crazier move

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

yeah actually they will posted:

i watched it with the commentary track. i did consider just listening to that one as a podcast but that seemed like a way crazier move

It's not a great hang, I'll tell you that

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I watched it on a whim before finding out about the podcast. It's a really fun watch if you're into bad movies. loving puzzling and enthralling developments as the clear bad guy (Paul Balrt) keeps being propped up to be the protagonist.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Four Blarts and a Boom

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

change my name posted:

Four Blarts and a Boom

I wasn't sure I'd be engaged by the boys' suffering this year but the amongus-ification of death blart is really doing it for me so far

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I enjoyed the twist this year. Spoilers if you haven’t listened to DeathBlart 2022: before they revealed who didn’t watch Paul Blart Mall Cop 2, I decided the funniest outcome would be that everyone but Justin got the email to watch Boom. I felt weirdly confident about it and couldn’t have guessed more wrong if I tried

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Professor Wayne posted:

I enjoyed the twist this year. Spoilers if you haven’t listened to DeathBlart 2022: before they revealed who didn’t watch Paul Blart Mall Cop 2, I decided the funniest outcome would be that everyone but Justin got the email to watch Boom. I felt weirdly confident about it and couldn’t have guessed more wrong if I tried

I was really really hoping that they were told one of them would watch Boom but none of them were actually told to watch it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Professor Wayne posted:

The best part was when Justin admitted he thought Here Comes the Boom was based on a true story. And that he started to get weepy at the end.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It would have been infinitely funnier if they had just not revealed who didn’t watch it this year, and just had it hanging over them for future years that someone was one watch behind.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Justin also paid his daughter 20 dollars to play Pokémon so he didn't have to for the Besties.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Ariong posted:

I was really really hoping that they were told one of them would watch Boom but none of them were actually told to watch it.

See, my thought was the exact opposite. What if they were all told to watch Here Comes the Boom, but they are all forced to spend an entire hour convincing each other that they watched PBMC2.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Griffin cowardly suggesting to (potentially) end the podcast in 10 years... for shame.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sankara posted:

Griffin cowardly suggesting to (potentially) end the podcast in 10 years... for shame.

he's too fuckin weak to do the dark deed

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Sankara posted:

Was shocked to hear them try to establish ground rules for ending it, as the podcast lives and dies on it being something they have to do until they do die. And then pass it off onto their children in a forever loop until humanity, or their McElory, Tim, and Guy offspring cease to be.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
a mutually agreed upon duration til us blart

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Until we get bored do us Blart.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I mean, at least have gave to provision that it has to be unanimous. But it was disappointing to hear him waver in his convictions.

e: Unless it was someone else who said that, I honestly don't remember now. I chose to ignore it because people in the show got mad enough at him that I knew it'd never come true.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Live by the Blart, die by the Blart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Babiest brother living up to the billing, you hate to see it