Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I was in the Netherlands recently and it seemed like the whole city had an especially productive cough

Maybe it was all the sigaretten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
China is fail

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

a primate posted:

So we all agree that Max should have let Checo “The Adulterer” Perez score a point, right?

At this point i just assume kelly pk is some kind of alien searching for the perfect f1 driver dna.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Are Dan confirmed to be going back to Red Bull

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Yeah come on Checo already scored

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Fumble posted:

At this point i just assume kelly pk is some kind of alien searching for the perfect f1 driver dna.

She doesn't seem to think physical appearance is an important factor in that equation

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Forza

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 23, 2022

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/AstonMartinF1/status/1595477328918106112

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Are Dan confirmed to be going back to Red Bull

Them wanting the chief binman makes sense, as they're a trash team

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Charles Leclerc posted:

Distilled mental illness, for your perusal.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-red-bulls-25-percent-wind-tunnel-f1-deficit-will-bite/10404080/

Stare deep enough into the abyss and it will stare back into you.

:thunk:

quote:

So here I is back in East L.A. back in the day many many many full moons ago in a company car having just left me parents house after a quick visit, a youngster that was free and on his own with the tunes playing. So at one point on my way back home to Tujunga, I see lights flashing in the rear view! CHP. At that very moment I remembered I had a freshly packed bowl of Indica in my pocket!!!!! I quickly step out of the vehicle and say “What did I do wrong?” Well…as I was saying that, I noticed the TV crew filming us. The occifer says’ “You ran the stop sign.” “No I did not, first off, I’m in a company car, second, I grew up here and know there is a stop sign there, and third, I can’t afford any tickets so I know I was driving defensively.” And that’s when I went Ben’s FIA style on him. “Can I show you what I do? I have my equipment in the trunk.” “Yes.” I open the trunk and the machine I used to copy records via subpoenas was all the dude needed to let me go. The lights go off on the film camera. You can just imagine the euphoria I was feeling. Yes, I got away with it and I was lucky.

Ben doesn’t know how to bullshit his way through this. Rao was the problem and the reason why MB had “fixes” THE DAY AFTER the 2022 F None formula was changed. And yes, why TOnTO was able to accuse RBR on the cost cap. You think it’s smoke? Well, that smoke is being blown up your rear end. You MB fans HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT FELT LIKE TO LOSE. For years, the wins were pathetically easy. Most particularly with dieselgate. And how the tables have turned when an email was sent to Masi begging pathetically because he didn’t know how to handle a losing situation…

Good riddance to the mole. It’s a start to TOnTO’s fall. Ben ain’t gonna last either…

quote:

I hope the FIA frisk her well when she leave the building. You can hide the USB stick with al the data from the RB18 in every small gap. I think Toto is happy to hire her again.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-announces-departure-of-rao-as-interim-secretary-general/10404102/

[edit] even the Reddit hot takes are more sensible than whatever insanity is coming out of motorsport.com.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 23, 2022

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

what the gently caress did I just read

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/f1_headassery/status/1595243229229862915?t=yuXn987TbsBs86CCnALc7Q&s=19

Alright, which one of you is this?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
*multiple streaks of one car dominating the field and looking like another one is about to start*

ah yes this thing that hasn't happened since the 50s is actually very normal for F1

e: gently caress me it didn't even happen in the 50s, I thought that was split between Ferrari and Mercedes but nope

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

:lmao:
The forum post about Schumacher is spot on for the takes in this forum I actually checked the sidebar to see if it came from a 2004 archive

[edit]
The 2004 thread is only 17 pages lol

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 24, 2022

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I would be the one the schumi post is replying to if I had an SA account at 14

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Not ever reading that post.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
all the cars look so much better without sponsorship especially the mclaren, which looked gorgeous at the start of the season before it got its clown chrome wheels and other assorted bullshit

here's hoping next year they make a car that's actually able to race though wouldn't that be something

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Cirofren posted:

all the cars look so much better without sponsorship especially the mclaren, which looked gorgeous at the start of the season before it got its clown chrome wheels and other assorted bullshit

here's hoping next year they make a car that's actually able to race though wouldn't that be something

the chrome wheels kind of grew on me but you're right, all the cars looks way better without sponsors. even all the best classic liveries have like one or two big sponsors and that's it, instead of 100 stickers slapped everywhere.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Compared to the vitriol that is spouted today, the 2004 thread is tame af.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The lack of sponsors is why the Brawn looked so great

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

lewis continues to own

https://i.imgur.com/NG06t7n.mp4

has sound

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Blessed

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

phwoar midnight club Lewis. New level of #blessed achieved ITT

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

MustardFacial posted:

Compared to the vitriol that is spouted today, the 2004 thread is tame af.

Max did this

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

couldn't imagine max being cool enough to do tokyo drift irl

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

:lewis:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

I feel like it was earlier than that. Like maybe around the Vettelreich era

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Gearbox smoke! (don't breathe this)

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

NICE.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
That was more entertaining than the entire 2022 Heineken Formula 1 World Championship Season

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

I missed the season and am making my way through the highlights, and forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what the hell happened to Hamilton / Mercedes this year?

Major modifications to car rules levelled the playing field and Mercedes failed to adjust appropriately?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If they wanted to win they should have spent more on catering

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Bucky Fullminster posted:

I missed the season and am making my way through the highlights, and forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what the hell happened to Hamilton / Mercedes this year?

Major modifications to car rules levelled the playing field and Mercedes failed to adjust appropriately?

Pretty much. All the cars had issues at the start with some unexpected side effects of reintroducing ground effects, and Mercedes were one of the worst affected teams. They caught up a bunch of ground over the season but it was too late to matter.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Pretty much. All the cars had issues at the start with some unexpected side effects of reintroducing ground effects, and Mercedes were one of the worst affected teams. They caught up a bunch of ground over the season but it was too late to matter.

And Russell was just a genuinely great driver all along to come and beat Lewis in the same car?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Kirios posted:

If they wanted to win they should have spent more on catering

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Bucky Fullminster posted:

And Russell was just a genuinely great driver all along to come and beat Lewis in the same car?

Lewis is over the hill. He’s not the driver he used to be, his physiology is failing him due to advanced age. He should’ve retired after 2021

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Dictator. posted:

how is china still struggling with covid? nobody getting properly sick here.

Because we've all already had Covid probably. If you put the UK's per capita deaths onto China it would be four and a half million dead.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Haas didn't develop their car at all in 2021 so they could be all in for 2022. We all saw how that ended and I am predicting that they beat out Williams for the "worst team on the grid" this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i didn’t watch a single race this season and i wont watch the next i assume Scuderia MissionWinNow Ferrari won every race