Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Even if Qatar made a massive loss they still come out ahead. UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi etc (rich oil/gas states) all have suffer from small man pissing contests and Qatar beat them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Plus out of all this Qatar is getting nothing but positive propaganda in the US because they apparently paid Fox enough to do nothing but boost them.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
I think we can all agree having the WC in a country of 3m people of which a much smaller percentage are actually “people” under the law is pretty stupid and that a World Cup in Morocco, Egypt or hell even Iran would own bones

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
is the teeth guy gonna teeth somebody tomorrow? i dont blame him can u imagine having chompers that beautiful and not sinking them into people's flesh. no thanks. thats called torture. let him roam free i say. let our boys play. it sets a good precedent imo. my bracket has side bets and we have a whole teeth section. we're using price is right rules and the lowest bet is still 5 total. well thats my pitch thanks for listening.

edit if u have any inside info on his teeth encounters pls lmk

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

adjust your narrow definition of money

lol i will not be doing this

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

thehandtruck posted:

is the teeth guy gonna teeth somebody tomorrow? i dont blame him can u imagine having chompers that beautiful and not sinking them into people's flesh. no thanks. thats called torture. let him roam free i say. let our boys play. it sets a good precedent imo. my bracket has side bets and we have a whole teeth section. we're using price is right rules and the lowest bet is still 5 total. well thats my pitch thanks for listening.

edit if u have any inside info on his teeth encounters pls lmk

my prediction for tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKp0bFM5RE0

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

right ok. this is good. the bet has actually been split into 2:

1) How many times will saurez bite tomorrow?

2) how many PEOPLE will saurez bite tomorrow?

highest accuracy bracket player at the moment has:

1) three bites

2) two people (one person plus himself)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The world cup in a bubble is not making money and is in fact losing money ok can this be settled

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shut up about Qatar's P+L sheet for the world cup

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The world cup in a bubble is not making money and is in fact losing money ok can this be settled

if you drop your chauvinist western notions of 'making money' i think you'll be more accepted

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

could you very clearly state the purpose of the thread plz, i don't want to go off-topic

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

i say swears online posted:

if you drop your chauvinist western notions of 'making money' i think you'll be more accepted

This is racist and classist, please do better

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

i say swears online posted:

could you very clearly state the purpose of the thread plz, i don't want to go off-topic

Chiefly to talk about how poo poo Qatar are, how much sportswashing sucks, to lol at the various failures that come to light during the tournament and generally try and have an interesting discussion.

You yelling that Qatar have indeed spent money and probably more than they'll take in on ticket receipts over people pointing out that they're in it for the aforementioned sportswashing and political capital they will gain from this, is not, in any way, interesting.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Chiefly to talk about how poo poo Qatar are, how much sportswashing sucks, to lol at the various failures that come to light during the tournament and generally try and have an interesting discussion.

You yelling that Qatar have indeed spent money and probably more than they'll take in on ticket receipts over people pointing out that they're in it for the aforementioned sportswashing and political capital they will gain from this, is not, in any way, interesting.

sportswashing is an accepted topic but inflow/outflow is verboten, got it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Saying something non football(ish) about Qatar in the Qatar complaint thread :D

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Chiefly to talk about how poo poo Qatar are

They were really bad and I think they're going to get run over by senegal and the dutch

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
quality new thread title, lol

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
TBH, it might be healthier if C-SPAM posters had their own WC thread within C-SPAM

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Tai posted:

TBH, it might be healthier if C-SPAM posters had their own WC thread within C-SPAM

There's no need for cliques or identifying someone as any particular type of poster. There are plenty of other people that post in cspam posting about the world cup no problem at all.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I expect Qatars P+L sheet to break even when they fail to win or draw. Oh, wrong P and L.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

I expect Qatars P+L sheet to break even when they fail to win or draw. Oh, wrong P and L.

lmao

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

There's no need for cliques or identifying someone as any particular type of poster. There are plenty of other people that post in cspam posting about the world cup no problem at all.

Yeah I agree, I hit submit just as I thought that.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Tai posted:

Yeah I agree, I hit submit just as I thought that.

typical gbs :rolleyes:

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I feel like a cspam poster, I feel like a SAL poster, I feel like a TRP poster. Of course, I am not a cspam poster, I am not a SAL poster, I am not a TRP poster. But I feel like it, because I know what it means to be discriminated, to be bullied, as a poster in a foreign subforum. What do you do then? You try to engage, make friends. Don’t start accusing, fighting, insulting, you start engaging

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

joepinetree posted:

I feel like a cspam poster, I feel like a SAL poster, I feel like a TRP poster. Of course, I am not a cspam poster, I am not a SAL poster, I am not a TRP poster. But I feel like it, because I know what it means to be discriminated, to be bullied, as a poster in a foreign subforum. What do you do then? You try to engage, make friends. Don’t start accusing, fighting, insulting, you start engaging

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

I see what you did there!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

joepinetree posted:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

joepinetree posted:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

joepinetree posted:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
If you want to criticise, come to me. Here I am, you can crucify me, I am here for that. Don’t criticise cspam, don’t criticise the posters, don’t criticise anyone, criticise the mods, criticise me because I am responsible for everything. How many occasions do we have to unite the forums? Do we want to continue to spit on others because they look different or they feel different? We defend poster rights. We do it our way. We obtain results. It’s a step-by-step process, help us in doing more. Don’t divide, don’t split.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I know you saw the same joke but better cos you quoted it

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

vyelkin posted:

If you want to criticise, come to me. Here I am, you can crucify me, I am here for that. Don’t criticise cspam, don’t criticise the posters, don’t criticise anyone, criticise the mods, criticise me because I am responsible for everything. How many occasions do we have to unite the forums? Do we want to continue to spit on others because they look different or they feel different? We defend poster rights. We do it our way. We obtain results. It’s a step-by-step process, help us in doing more. Don’t divide, don’t split.

You're not the boss of me!! (yes you are)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

I know you saw the same joke but better cos you quoted it

much like my Canadian team today, sometimes you just wanna try from a different angle and see if it works, and then it doesn't :negative:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

joepinetree posted:

Ancient Italian wisdom!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

joepinetree posted:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
qatartacus? more like badpostacus

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

A world cup thread should be posted in CSPAM. It should be posted in FYAD. If they’re interested it should be posted in coupons. I actually went to coupons some years ago to post an interest check for a World Cup thread: Inwas not successful obviously but I would post it another 100 times if I thought it would help unite the forums

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

joepinetree posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

joepinetree posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

joepinetree posted: