Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Also just picked this up recently and am finally starting to pump everything into my sawmill, only to find that if you have enough components to make, say, 25 sturdy shields but only enough silver to make 20 of them, you have "no silver" and are locked out of lowering the number you want to craft, so you can't craft any, to make the silver you need to craft the rest. Cool design :shepface:

What’s your in game name, we’ll help you out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Ehhh I've already made it over the worst of the beginning hump, at this point building up the operation by myself is most of the fun and no amount of freebies is going to stop me from accidentally investing myself down below the crafting expenses threshold. Remembered I had a small windfall in my bank, I'm fine.

e: How important is the Inventory Monitor? It sounds really handy but that's a fair bit of gold I could be sinking into more efficiency upgrades.

MonkeyforaHead fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 23, 2022

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Just started fuckin' around with this today, not sure how much staying power it will have, but I'm excited to blow all my gold and perk points on useless bullshit. I like games with ridiculous or obtuse levels of additional mechanics, so this seems like something I could get into! Feel free to send me pro tips, name's John Lee in game as well.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Ehhh I've already made it over the worst of the beginning hump, at this point building up the operation by myself is most of the fun and no amount of freebies is going to stop me from accidentally investing myself down below the crafting expenses threshold. Remembered I had a small windfall in my bank, I'm fine.

e: How important is the Inventory Monitor? It sounds really handy but that's a fair bit of gold I could be sinking into more efficiency upgrades.

Inventory Monitor is nice to have but I wouldn’t consider it until after you’ve gotten your efficiency gold upgrades.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

John Lee posted:

Just started fuckin' around with this today, not sure how much staying power it will have, but I'm excited to blow all my gold and perk points on useless bullshit. I like games with ridiculous or obtuse levels of additional mechanics, so this seems like something I could get into! Feel free to send me pro tips, name's John Lee in game as well.

Most important thing I've learned outside of sawmill strategy that wasn't immediately self-evident is that perks and gold upgrades are additive. The level that says 5% stacks with the level that says 10% for a total of 15% and so on, and you do not have to get them in ascending order. Also despite the one "sell for 10% more" upgrade being under the Farm upgrades, it does in fact apply to everything, not just produce.

MonkeyforaHead fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 24, 2022

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

After getting the "grows faster" and "bottle recycler" perks I decided to buy sprint shoes. Because I did not understand what it did.

And then the second sprint shoes. For some reason.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Twincityhacker posted:

After getting the "grows faster" and "bottle recycler" perks I decided to buy sprint shoes. Because I did not understand what it did.

And then the second sprint shoes. For some reason.

Sprint shoes are fine, but don’t sleep on exploring effectiveness found in each zone’s information screen. What’s a waste of gold is the max stamina upgrades.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

rafikki posted:

Sprint shoes are fine, but don’t sleep on exploring effectiveness found in each zone’s information screen. What’s a waste of gold is the max stamina upgrades.

I sank two points into stamina to get it to an even 100, which was well worth it since I was drowning in OJ from various rewards.

Oh yeah, on that note definitely get the lemonade and fishing net upgrades before you start using those extensively. 200% and 150% efficiency, respectively, is pretty nuts. So is a combined 25% chance to get extras when crafting. I swear it has a very player-favorable system by which it calculates extra crafts too, like if you craft 10 items you're actually guaranteed to get at least 12 and then it flips a coin to determine if you get a 13th or not. Seems like it, anyway.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

MonkeyforaHead posted:

I sank two points into stamina to get it to an even 100, which was well worth it since I was drowning in OJ from various rewards.

Oh yeah, on that note definitely get the lemonade and fishing net upgrades before you start using those extensively. 200% and 150% efficiency, respectively, is pretty nuts. So is a combined 25% chance to get extras when crafting. I swear it has a very player-favorable system by which it calculates extra crafts too, like if you craft 10 items you're actually guaranteed to get at least 12 and then it flips a coin to determine if you get a 13th or not. Seems like it, anyway.

There’s no penalty to having more than your max stamina:
other than I guess just not passively accruing any anymore.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

rafikki posted:

There’s no penalty to having more than your max stamina:
other than I guess just not passively accruing any anymore.

TIL! I thought it was weird that I sometimes ended up with 102-104 stamina. Still not the worst investment given I tend to be away for a while and the farmhouse is still gonna take a bit to save up for.

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
I’m beginning to enjoy the grind. I’ve spent well over to 50k stamina today finding 50 of the 200 herbs I need for ATI but did get 7 raptor eggs. Realizing that Beatrix wanted the extra oak while I was waiting on mushrooms for bows sort of saved my sanity. I’ll apologize in advance for possibly asking in here for cheese and dragonflies if #giveaways doesn’t pan out.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

These might be my top 3 tbh

The item doesn’t need to be unlocked for quick sell though

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

andy_social posted:

I’m beginning to enjoy the grind. I’ve spent well over to 50k stamina today finding 50 of the 200 herbs I need for ATI but did get 7 raptor eggs. Realizing that Beatrix wanted the extra oak while I was waiting on mushrooms for bows sort of saved my sanity. I’ll apologize in advance for possibly asking in here for cheese and dragonflies if #giveaways doesn’t pan out.

Sent you a mailbox of dragonflies, have plenty of those and cheese. Just let me know how much you need.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

iron depot is one of the best perks you can get because it also removes iron and nails from the drop tables for those areas and boosts the drop rates of everything else

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Kaboobi posted:

iron depot is one of the best perks you can get because it also removes iron and nails from the drop tables for those areas and boosts the drop rates of everything else

Iron Depot and Inventory Monitor are insane QOL and are must-buys asap.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

Aight I need to mail 30 things as part of my dailies... how the hell do I view profiles

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Aight I need to mail 30 things as part of my dailies... how the hell do I view profiles

Very bottom of the home page

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Donating items for Friendship levels also counts towards the mail X items daily chore

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Speaking of friendship, doing quests awards some friendship towards the quest-giver, right? Does anybody know off-hand if the friendship boosting food boosts friendship from quests? Might be relevant for events with a lot of quests like this one.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Three THOUSAND potatoes?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Xerol posted:

Three THOUSAND potatoes?

And they’re just over the cutoff for breakfast boost. I have like 2500 so it’s not a huge lift but pretty obnoxious nonetheless.

All those help request pushed me over the hump for the community saint achievement at least.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Should I be unloading my inferno spheres with a shrimp-a-plenty today or saving them for some other event?

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

rafikki posted:

Should I be unloading my inferno spheres with a shrimp-a-plenty today or saving them for some other event?

I mean, I did.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

rafikki posted:

I made 10 billion in one go. You should too.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

I wasn’t sure how the current t event bonus + meal compared to others. I have no immediate need for the silver so I can sit on it if it makes sense

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

rafikki posted:

I wasn’t sure how the current t event bonus + meal compared to others. I have no immediate need for the silver so I can sit on it if it makes sense

Event bonuses are typically 20% no meals, so 10+10 is equal. I’d go for it.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

I still don't have Neigh Neigh, Shrimp a plenty or Sea Claw Special and even a couple of each would be good to help churn my stam and nets for the event. Happy to trade some OJ or AP back if anyone's interested (game name matches)

Thanks rafikki! Shot you an mb of AP back

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 24, 2022

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

If anybody has a couple of spare shrimp-a-plenty, I could use a few! Hobojim in-game as well.

Also worms are in the community centre again, so grinding out the donation achievements is cheap today.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Hobojim posted:

If anybody has a couple of spare shrimp-a-plenty, I could use a few! Hobojim in-game as well.

Also worms are in the community centre again, so grinding out the donation achievements is cheap today.

I only have 8 so I sent you half.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Thanks guys! Much appreciated

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is there any reason to go above tower level 100? I’ve been burning a lot of cash to reach it, and I’m thinking about starting to save up for the 10 billion store house or 10 billion farm upgrade.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

obi_ant posted:

Is there any reason to go above tower level 100? I’ve been burning a lot of cash to reach it, and I’m thinking about starting to save up for the 10 billion store house or 10 billion farm upgrade.

You did tower 100 before the 10 billions storehouse upgrade??

l had that and the 10 billion farm row before I unlocked the tower I think, or shortly thereafter.

As far as I know the tower artifacts aren't implemented/ useful for anything beyond t110 at the moment, but t110 is a big orchard boost, so depends on if you're maxed in orchard I guess? I would say get the 10 billion upgrades.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

obi_ant posted:

:stare: I have 10bn store, farm, and owl and am on ATI 2. And have gotten another 10bn silver in the past 2 days. It's so fast.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

the perk at t110 will give you a buttload more fruit, but beyond that there's no point unless you have the 100b upgrades for the storehouse and crop row at the moment

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Whoops! I meant 100 billion.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

I went to tower 110 for the orchard boost and have stopped there for now. I’ve got 1500 AK but I just bought the 100b storehouse upgrade and will get the crop expansion soon.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

I’m at T149 because what else am I gonna do with that money anyway. (I have both my 100b upgrades and am considering trying to push for a 1T.)

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

What the hell, I got the 100b storehouse upgrade at Tower Level 30, I got it for the Halloween event.

Mastering stuff, even with a ton of workshop slots, seems to take way longer (I'm not really close to any of the merit badges)

I've been pouring silver into upgrading my farm to help with masteries, then I'll probably upgrade a few pets to 7 before saving up for the 11th row, but I know eventually all non-tower spending is gonna stop once I'm limited by silver rather than AK

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 25, 2022

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

I’ve been grinding out all of the GMs that just require wood/boards/planks with the craftworks. Got all of the fish masteries that won’t take like 5k+ large nets by referencing the spreadsheet. All of that along with some of the “natural” GMs like twine/drinks/paste and such have gotten me this far. The only two 300ak achievements I have are the raptor one and help requests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I‘ve been at T149 for a while. Right now my next big decision will be wether or not to buy the 1000b storehouse, got 680b currently. All the pets are lvl7, except penguin.
The grind never stops.

So if anyone needs something post here or add ColeusSanctus as friend