Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Someone in my field recently put out some research about how plastic shopping bags might actually be GOOD for the environment because people find extra uses for them. Big Plastic strikes again

A well-known science podcaster did an episode about how it takes less resources to make a plastic bag than a cotton one. While that may be true, you probably don't find cotton shopping bags in the ocean choking wildlife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A well-known science podcaster did an episode about how it takes less resources to make a plastic bag than a cotton one. While that may be true, you probably don't find cotton shopping bags in the ocean choking wildlife.

It's like when people complain about government stupidity because a penny costs more than a penny to mint. Just that characteristically American grim determination to never once actually think for more than a second about anything.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Look its cheaper to make this plastic bag that someone might use 2 times ever than this cotton bag that you can use basically forever. checkmate.

I'm on year 16 of using the same like 4 bags for all my grocery shopping

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

i just put my groceries in a duffel bag or a backpack at the end

I carry things in a basket through the store though so they dont think im stealing

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

It's like when people complain about government stupidity because a penny costs more than a penny to mint. Just that characteristically American grim determination to never once actually think for more than a second about anything.

They should stop minting them. Nobody wants them, I have pounds of them.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
pennies stink and i'm glad my country got rid of them years ago

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ensign Expendable posted:

For some reason this doesn't stop small business owners from fighting bike lane and patio installation tooth and nail.

Most of the moron owners doing this are fighting over max two spaces in front of their store and often one of them is their personal space that generates zero sales. lol, lmao.

I have a tiny bit of sympathy for store owners who complain about streetcar construction loving up their business, only because it is usually laughably mismanaged with delays and overruns and the REIT that owns their building is undoubtedly going to jack up their rent as soon as construction ends.

Petanque posted:

penises stink and i'm glad my country got rid of them years ago

:yeah:

e: sorry misread that

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

nomad2020 posted:

They should stop minting them. Nobody wants them, I have pounds of them.

I've got a big ZINC COUNCIL SHILL political cartoon vest on!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I mean you probably should wash your bags after you carry raw meat in them

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I've never washed my grocery bags that are ten years old and we didn't get sick one time for two years during the pandemic so I'm pretty sure washing your bags is bullshit.

Edit: I do bag raw meat separately.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I make sure to rub raw meat all over the inside of my shopping bags.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Apr 7, 2003

who the gently caress buys meat anyway anymore in the age of Trump USDA rules

Apr 7, 2003

You know, the rules BIden hasn't repealed

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
i buy a huge rack of ribs and just carry it around, flintstones style

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
E: nope

FlutieFlake
Nov 5, 2017

You know, the rules BIden hasn't repealed

https://twitter.com/NickLutsko/status/1387389639481253889?s=20

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Not even just the USDA rule (because USDA was mostly a joke already), although that certainly doesn't do anyone any favors. But that slaughter house megacorps are demanding ever higher production with less staff; poo poo rear end wages with ever squeezing of the workers; less workers doing more amounts of work, and removal of QA/QC (because that costs money); shipping delays where reefers or trains are often stalled out and poo poo is just baking in the sun for a week; stocking labor shortages so deliveries are also just sitting in the yard all day, and the list goes on, it is just a bad idea to buy mega grocer hormel/smithfields/tyson/etc Walmart Value meats.

Apr 7, 2003

Xaris posted:

Not even just the USDA rule (because USDA was mostly a joke already), although that certainly doesn't do anyone any favors. But that slaughter house megacorps are demanding ever higher production with less staff; poo poo rear end wages with ever squeezing of the workers; less workers doing more amounts of work, and removal of QA/QC (because that costs money); shipping delays where reefers or trains are often stalled out and poo poo is just baking in the sun for a week; stocking labor shortages so deliveries are also just sitting in the yard all day, and the list goes on, it is just a bad idea to buy mega grocer hormel/smithfields/tyson/etc Walmart Value meats.

bad news - you're gay now

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
too late: i love penis, and big trucks.

Apr 7, 2003

grats on parking

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

is meat dirtying up shopping bags through the sealed trays it comes in or something

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Sphyre posted:

is meat dirtying up shopping bags through the sealed trays it comes in or something

meat packs frequently leak meat juice all over

Apr 7, 2003

Don't buy meat; problem solved.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Don't buy meat; problem solved.

:hmmyes:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
In all honesty, I kind of gave up on most red meat and it does make a difference. Maybe Humans really weren't designed to consume steaks and hamburgers every day.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The human organism was designed from the ground up to drive a third row SUV with a burger in one hand

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

You can take my meat from my cold, dead body.

No wait what stop

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
gently caress cars gently caress meat

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I love being passionate about something completely out of step with society. I love feeling insane and alienated.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I like the taste of meat.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Give me a delicious cockroach burger; also you get surprisingly ambivalent to red meat once you cut back.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 17:07 on Nov 24, 2022

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

withak posted:

I like the taste of meat.

I like playing black metal at max volume, but I don't do it on account of I have neighbours and a family who would be negatively affected by it.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

jetz0r posted:

meat packs frequently leak meat juice all over

you're gonna have to get a lot more diligent about this, 'cause the plastic meat bags are going bye bye.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i like to eat chicken,but i would prefer not to use my car to buy it

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

but doctor, I am a bag of raw meat

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I like meat, if by meat you mean dicks.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Clark Nova posted:

but doctor, I am a bag of raw meat

Wash yourself you disgusting goon

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
What is wrong with your butcher that they can't wrap meat without leaking blood everywhere?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

What is wrong with your butcher that they can't wrap meat without leaking blood everywhere?
Haven't you heard about zero waste packaging free eco friendly shopping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Learn to bring your own glass jars and containers duh.