Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

i am harry posted:

this is actually not perfect for candles at all unless they’re the size Martha is holding or *smaller* :colbert:

thank goodness for "and more"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Snoop shouldn't be degrading himself by associating with criminals

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Who is that on the right? Another felon?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

droll posted:

Who is that on the right? Another felon?

Yea OJ

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Snoop has been in entertainment since he was a child. This is what I tell myself to rationalize why he feels the need to keep doing this. He must have more money than god.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shiroc posted:

Salute to the one good troop and the drag queen who saved a ton of people and beat the poo poo out of the guy. Gonna go ahead and ignore the declaration of non-binary from a defense attorney trying to get the hate crime charges dropped that otherwise has no support.

just fyi
https://twitter.com/UnluckyBanshee/status/1594914600536809472?s=20&t=C5Vyc8UgO4KodTdqnntlzA

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Ah, I hadn't heard that. Salute to my trans sister kicking rear end.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Well you can be a lady
No matter what your parts are
And if you've got some bravery
You can stomp a mass shootar

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Snoop is getting paid and I can't even be mad about it. He was never really that political so I don't know that you can call him a sellout. He rapped about gangbanging and he saw what happened to 2Pac and noped out of Death Row. Going from the scary gangster rapper on MTV to being this cute, cuddly guy cozying up to Martha Stewart was a great career move and not easy to pull off.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

If you listen to his lyrics you would expect nothing less

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
take it easy on the guy, he's got kids. apparently he helps with their softball team or whatever, there's no point in acting crazy gangster when you've got money like he does. what's he supposed to be doing, gangbanger poo poo when he's like 50?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
He was a tough guy like 25-30 years ago, calling him a gangster today would be like how old people in the 80's still thought the Beatles were young and transgressive

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I really like Ice Cube but he went from being super "gently caress the police" to doing family movies and being an anti-vaxxer and now it's hard to try to overlook his anti-Korean raps in the 90s. I get that there was a context to them but maybe read the room and apologize because it's a bad look.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/AllegedKurd/status/1595599193829412866

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I really like Ice Cube but he went from being super "gently caress the police" to doing family movies and being an anti-vaxxer and now it's hard to try to overlook his anti-Korean raps in the 90s. I get that there was a context to them but maybe read the room and apologize because it's a bad look.

Apologize for what specifically? Did he rap about ALL Koreans or the ones that were not helping his oppression? Feel free to DM me or link to something you feel summarizes your opinion so we don't poo poo up the thread.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

droll posted:

Apologize for what specifically? Did he rap about ALL Koreans or the ones that were not helping his oppression? Feel free to DM me or link to something you feel summarizes your opinion so we don't poo poo up the thread.

I don't have DMs but him using the word "japs" is pretty uncool. The death of Latasha Harlans was really upsetting for black people in LA. As was the gentrification that was taking place. I guess my opinion is that white people treating asians like the ideal minority and playing them against black people was pretty hosed up. That Ice Cube saying something like, "Asians aren't our real enemy" might help heal that divide.

I'm Mexican and Mexicans and black people don't really get along except as a matter of convenience in the West Coast penal system. I mention that because it feels similar in the way that minorities are pitted against each other. I could be way off base here and I'm happy to hear a different point of view.

For what it's worth, I don't really think that his lines in Vasoline are that bad because he was throwing shots at a specific person, whereas his lines about Koreans were much more broad.

Edmund Sparkler has issued a correction as of 08:31 on Nov 24, 2022

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
He did.

"The controversy surrounding this song led to African-American and Korean-American activists meeting and KAGRO, an association of Korean store owners, adapting a 10-point behavior code to address the issue of in-store racism. Ice Cube also met with KAGRO representatives and reconciled with the Korean community, even leading to a picture of him on the front page of the Korea Times below the headline “ICE CUBE THE PEACEMAKER”."
https://genius.com/Ice-cube-black-korea-lyrics

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Welcome back, comrade Cube

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I kind of figured he had to make it right back in the day. I just never heard about it. I guess I was wrong and it was still really ugly. I still skip that song when I listen to the album.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

According to the Hellebore Guide to Occult Britain (great book) the Brits did Black Magic psyops in northern Ireland

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
who cares about that, i wanna know about the little brick

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
It went through the window of the local RUC office

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Cerebral Bore posted:

who cares about that, i wanna know about the little brick
looks like a Karate Kid:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/benjamincrew1/status/1595449242755239937?s=46&t=ocEcMKz4GNQcv3_ILBvqJQ

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Stolen from another thread.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Petaphiles are weird

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i, too, can't wait to slurp up these juices.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Petaphiles are weird

I normally don't like to call things ops, but I think I internally decided PETA was an op like 20 years ago, before I actually knew the term.

Just a realization that on some level they were intentionally stupid and unappealing.

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer
how many slurp juices can i use on a single turkey?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/artcrimeprof/status/1595552975031881733

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

mr Scoop posted:

how many slurp juices can i use on a single turkey?

You still don't get it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Should have been the one of the dude jacking off

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Should have been the one of the dude jacking off

I was disappointed it wasn't, we aren't educating folks these days

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
stay safe

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Pretty certain it's because Terry's friend was loving his wife, OP.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I normally don't like to call things ops, but I think I internally decided PETA was an op like 20 years ago, before I actually knew the term.

Just a realization that on some level they were intentionally stupid and unappealing.

That would explain a lot, though COINTELPRO is really indistinguishable from middle class liberal brainworms.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
maybe if terry weren't dressed like a criminal this wouldn't have happened

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

FreudianSlippers posted:

According to the Hellebore Guide to Occult Britain (great book) the Brits did Black Magic psyops in northern Ireland

this is pretty low on what should go to the hague

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/fakebensiegel/status/1595369423304531970?cxt=HHwWhICxmbaC8qMsAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/GoodReddit/status/1595825894282731520?s=20&t=CPzMNcUPRQ3VnOF7m6XWUw