Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Btw, a state attacking a specific church/sect is still decrimination via religion...if anyone was mysteriously confused.

I think it is actually pretty stupid in the long-run both for the Kiev and Washington. They really don't keep on giving common cause between local Russians/Russian-speakers and Moscow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

gradenko_2000 posted:

collective punishment is a war crime

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
the russian orthodox church stabbed ukraine in the back

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Cuttlefush posted:

the russian orthodox church stabbed ukraine in the back

The Ukrainian army was doing so well, on the offensive...

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
seriously though, arewedrunkyet, do you realize what you're saying?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

collective punishment is a war crime

it's a special military operation crime, actually :smuggo:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I would say this war is only entering a deeper morally grey morass: the Russians attacked first and are clearly doing their own war crimes but at the same time the Ukrainians seem to be taking every opportunity of going after minority language speakers or just anyone that is the least bit suspect.

I am very pessimistic about negotiations as well especially as the strategic bombing is deeping, that isn't the type of thing you do when you are ready to sign a ceasefire.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Ardennes posted:

I would say this war is only entering a deeper morally grey morass: the Russians attacked first and are clearly doing their own war crimes but at the same time the Ukrainians seem to be taking every opportunity of going after minority language speakers or just anyone that is the least bit suspect.

I am very pessimistic about negotiations as well especially as the strategic bombing is deeping, that isn't the type of thing you do when you are ready to sign a ceasefire.

yeah, this is sadly predictable especially once the far right militias started getting valourised. All the anti-Russian poo poo over the past few years now has a perfect justification.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
hey guys back from painting warhammers, anything major happen in the war? I heard there was a big bombing campaign.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

hey guys back from painting warhammers, anything major happen in the war? I heard there was a big bombing campaign.

They have been isolating the reactors from the grid, it is sizable escalation.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

we're coming up on RaHoWa for some reason

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Al-Saqr posted:

post the warhammers you loving nerd

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

show us your dork rear end hobby

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I think it just shows that the media has let Galicia define Ukraine for the west, because in what world is Orthodoxy spooky and foreign but Catholicism is the ancestral religion of the True Ukrainian People?

Obviously within Ukraine the Galician far right controls power, but the media repeating their narratives here is going in increasingly frightening directions as Ardennes said. Here, Ukrainians are considered as Catholic as Filipinos and Poles but of course we all know why Canada’s Ukrainian population is the way it is.

Through some quirk of geography I grew up around Norwegian Catholics and assumed Norway was a Catholic country, only to discover they’re 5% of the population, and Norway has a history of Anti-Catholicism, which is probably how the ones I grew up around ended up in Canada in the first place. Today, 70% of Norwegian Catholics live abroad.

My point is that we let a fringe group within a nation seize power, vent their ethnic, linguistic and religious sectarian fury and are now running media stories that accept their myths as some sort of objective Ukrainian national story.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

don't post near my posts

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is it the religious belief system being targeted, or this one specific bureaucratic structure around the religion? The law doesn't seem to target Eastern Orthodoxy in general.

Like if the Southern Baptist Conference lost tax exempt status, that's not the same as saying Baptists can't organize in the US.

I, for one, am shocked that the pro Ukriane crowd would target anyone based on religion. Shocked!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

My point is that we let a fringe group within a nation seize power, vent their ethnic, linguistic and religious sectarian fury and are now running media stories that accept their myths as some sort of objective Ukrainian national story.

X-Men Origins: Zelensky

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

how uncharacteristic of nato. usually we never do this

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

gradenko_2000 posted:

X-Men Origins: Zelensky

Fame, money, being threatened on camera.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

lumpentroll posted:

show us your dork rear end hobby

Al-saqr is doing his part to save the British economy, don't make fun

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

smug jeebus posted:

Al-saqr is doing his part to save the British economy, don't make fun

Where's me knighthood, where's me jellied eels and mash?!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al-Saqr posted:

Where's me knighthood, where's me jellied eels and mash?!

Aren’t eels the one fish that’s not halal?

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

speng31b posted:

https://twitter.com/GabeZZOZZ/status/1595485000216068112

there are a hundred tweets like this but i don't think they're highly credible

Seems like an awful lot of damage for an AA warhead

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Leandros posted:

Could have started a fire with no FD response but it seems extreme.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_halal_and_kosher_fish

quote:

Hanafi
In the Hanafi school of Sunni Muslim jurisprudence, to which the majority population of Sunni Muslims belong to, only "fish" (as opposed to all "sea game") are permissible, including eel and hagfish.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Frosted Flake posted:

pretty sure that's an exclusively shia thing

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Imagine how much of a nerd you have to be to rules-lawyer what kind of fish you are allowed to eat.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Al-Saqr posted:

Imperium of Man introduced a new unit:

crepeface posted:

ugh, so sick of tankies

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I think they are technically not kosher because their scales are weird.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Thanks, I had no idea. Sensible policy, eels are delicious.

Boris delivering planeloads of jellied eels in parsley sauce may just be what the peace process needs. They can be prepared and eaten without electricity and are served at room temperature, ideal for Ukraine’s difficult situation.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Al-Saqr posted:

so are you using a metal enamel or wirebrushing patina onto it?

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Zedhe Khoja posted:

pretty sure that's an exclusively shia thing

yeah and since it's the only correct islam, it's the only opinion that matters

Frosted Flake posted:

Boris delivering planeloads of jellied eels in parsley sauce may just be what the peace process needs.

please don't advocate for warcrimes even if it would in fact unite the russians and ukrainians against a common enemy

January 6 Survivor has issued a correction as of 16:06 on Nov 24, 2022

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

January 6 Survivor posted:

please don't advocate for warcrimes even if it would in fact unite the russians and ukrainians against a common enemy

what the gently caress happened to your av

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

V. Illych L. posted:

i think that freedom of religion is, generally, good

but that's just me, i have controversial attitudes to a lot of stuff

The FLDS appreciates your support.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

January 6 Survivor posted:

no catfish, no thanks

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Majorian posted:

Nah just the right-wing ultranationalist Ukrainians. The rest just want to live their lives and be left alone.

Synecdoche is forbidden.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/aballinga/status/1595792836838002691

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lol

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Leandros posted:

Yeah. it is clearly either 100% bullshit or it is a case of the 500-1,000 pound warhead missile was followed in by the 10-20 times smaller warhead SAM.

The entire pre-launch mass of of fuel, body, and warhead of an AIM-120 is less mass than that of the warhead only of a cruise missile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

crepeface posted:

ugh, so sick of tankies

Warhammer getting strange