Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
SDSU is doing a decent job of stopping Arizona from running at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Watching Arizona bomb threes while listening to the Lakers clank from three. Dysphasia

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I love Ballo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Well, can't win them all. Arizona is very good

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
They probably played Arizona the best anyone has. The Cinci game was closer but dudes were bombing from three to make it presentable.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gradey Dick is on fire. Itchy, burny fire.

He has 18 points on 6 3s in the first half. It's Durant-like.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
State is playing pretty well here, they won’t pull through here but there’s a chance this team in this year’s ACC could scrape a tournament berth.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I looked up and was kind of shocked NC State wasn't ranked. I feel like they will be soon

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

kiimo posted:

I looked up and was kind of shocked NC State wasn't ranked. I feel like they will be soon

They were putrid last year and there wasn’t a lot to indicate that things would be much better this year. I’m still going to hold off on being optimistic on them until the start of ACC play.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
two top 10 offenses are playing over on SECN+, Mizzou up 12-4 already. hope you took the over

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Me: Michigan is sucking again today, getting played close by Jackson State, as Michigan can't make a fuckin thing

Me checking twitter: k nm

https://twitter.com/umhoops/status/1595606616417542144

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

Me: Michigan is sucking again today, getting played close by Jackson State, as Michigan can't make a fuckin thing

Me checking twitter: k nm

https://twitter.com/umhoops/status/1595606616417542144

Very pissed i can't watch this game

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WE FUCKIN' HAD 'EM

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you never had your car

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sounds like an SDSU fan confronted the Arkansas coaches after the game and it caused a bit of a scuffle. Unfortunate but seems like security for ahold of things before they went off the rails too badly.

Arkansas finishes third in Maui with the OT win. Playing three games in three days with a short rotation is tough for a team that relies on its athleticism to beat you down the court and play above the rim. Creighton game also emotionally draining. We are still missing our best player while playing basketball at a high level so I am excited for what the season can bring.

Battle 4 Atlantis and Phil Knight continue today so plenty of college basketball to go around. Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/BinghamtonMBB/status/1595523281901133825

some sub-joe buck announcing here

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol "Gradey Dick. Remember the name, remember the stroke."

the accidental dick jokes are constant

His parents are Carmen Dick and Bart Dick and these just sound like made-up names

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I would absolutely love for the Wisconsin men's basketball team that has played in a baseball stadium to have one normal loving game.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

lmao gently caress yeah, what a crazy finish

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Why didn’t Wisconsin hold onto the ball longer there at the end? I feel like they scored way too fast and could have scored with a couple seconds left vs ~20

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I like the process of Oregon State's offense in this game. It seems a lot like a typical NBA offense.

I don't like Duke's. It looks like something a conservative and overly controlling high school coach would run.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

kiimo posted:

lol "Gradey Dick. Remember the name, remember the stroke."

the accidental dick jokes are constant

His parents are Carmen Dick and Bart Dick and these just sound like made-up names

I worked at blockbuster a while back and someone with that last name came in to make an account and I swear I could hear their eyes roll across the store when I went over to make their card and failed to stifle my laughter

It’s funny to us because we don’t have to deal with it every day, I’m sure the joke has poor Gradey Dick beaten to death

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

WE FUCKIN' HAD 'EM

I am getting targeted ads for Northwestern athletics and I am certain you are entirely to blame

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ISU sneaked by Nova in OT. Now we get UNC, oh goody.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Poque posted:

I am getting targeted ads for Northwestern athletics and I am certain you are entirely to blame

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Dayton was a solid win for NC State but playing Manny Bates and Butler tomorrow is bad juju.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
The wirecam ESPN is using in the WVU / Purdue game is horrible.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

It's a little thing, but this is the best free throw shooting team Purdue has had in a long time.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

not a vintage year for either Wisconsin or USC but their game so far has been pretty good for a matinee.

edit: still good. elsewhere Florida State really needs this game against Stanford if they're gonna start turning anything around this year.

Mons Hubris posted:

What has happened to FSU?

i'm kinda wondering if the NIL era isn't hitting them super hard given how overshadowed their basketball team is always gonna be even in bad football years. maybe hamilton just peaked though.

Notre Dame also got shredded by a not very good St. Bonaventure today, feels like this might finally be the year the ACC slides back behind the Pac-12

elentar fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Nov 26, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Oh god Clones please don’t gently caress this up.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Holy poo poo! Holy poo poo! ISU is back baby!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

today we are all cyclones

feeling pretty good about this one though

elentar posted:

Tempting fate by positing that UNC in particular is massively overrated

edit: Kyle Neptune era off to a rough start at Nova

elentar fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 26, 2022

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
gently caress

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
nice win for Tennessee tonight!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

i'm all for janky courts in weird settings (so long as there's no greater risk of injury for the players) but even this may be a bit much https://twitter.com/crimsonquarry/status/1596346168543678464?s=20&t=VCawVlC9yXJH7NoWKFn23w

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Zags are giving Purdue tons of layups and open 3s but the Boilers are saying no thank you.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Freaquency posted:

They were putrid last year and there wasn’t a lot to indicate that things would be much better this year. I’m still going to hold off on being optimistic on them until the start of ACC play.

elentar posted:

Dayton was a solid win for NC State but playing Manny Bates and Butler tomorrow is bad juju.

Maybe State isn’t terrible this year? Seems like every position is significantly upgraded. Joiner is the best PG State has had since Markell Johnson at least, Clark is like if Hellems was actually good, and now there are like 4 guys who play in front of Dowuona.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

elentar posted:

i'm all for janky courts in weird settings (so long as there's no greater risk of injury for the players) but even this may be a bit much

IIRC the Battle 4 Atlantis is basically the same deal, as it's in a hotel ballroom or something, but they do a dramatically better job of saying THIS IS A REAL COURT AND NOT JUST A HOTEL BALLROOM

but holy gently caress that one's pretty bad and they're big teams!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

PotatoJudge posted:

Zags are giving Purdue tons of layups and open 3s but the Boilers are saying no thank you.

I did not realize we were playing Gonzaga tonight lol

BTFU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Poque posted:

I did not realize we were playing Gonzaga tonight lol

BTFU

Even better, if they win this they play at the same time as the bucket game tomorrow.

Up at the half playing a de-facto road game and shooting horribly from 3.