Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Fruits of the sea posted:

The only thing in steam that can potentially give you anything useful is trading cards and in-game items that you can flip on the marketplace. Although the average sell price is so abysmally low that an hour spent posting items for auction (if you even have that many) is going to return less than minimum wage.

There are browser extensions that can just click though all that poo poo to automatically put all the cards up for sale. However you will get spammed for weeks afterwards with emails saying "your item has sold in the community market for 3 cents!"

I had to make an email filter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There are browser extensions that can just click though all that poo poo to automatically put all the cards up for sale. However you will get spammed for weeks afterwards with emails saying "your item has sold in the community market for 3 cents!"

I had to make an email filter

lol, I had to do exactly the same. I got hundreds of emails over it.

But at least I got 10 bux out of it or something.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Seconding Voidigo, it’s phenomenal. One of the things about it is that the dodge is a jump, and you can combo goomba stomps on enemies to keep them all locked down. The starting character even triggers an explosion upon doing this, which is a great choice by he developer to encourage doing it.

Another great feature is that you can create new companions from scratch, giving them a name out of syllables, a weapon to use, and a bunch of body parts. Hearing them say their stupid names in their stupid voices is a treat every time.

It’s the best use of puppet animation I’ve ever seen, everything’s just so floppy, it’s a joy to look at.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Voidigo looks interesting, let me check it out...

I guess I'll put it in my wishlist, next to all other EA games, and return to it in 5 years when it's done.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Piquai Souban posted:

Stacklands rules, thanks to this thread for highlighting it.

I nominated it in the 'outstanding visual style' category.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
For every early access game you don't buy I'm buying 3.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022

Deakul posted:

Did Valve fix the rampant hacker issues with chess yet?

I miss the old color scheme of Steam.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Blurb3947 posted:

I miss the old color scheme of Steam.

get it here https://github.com/ungstein/OG-Steam

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Impermanent posted:

For every early access game you don't buy I'm buying 3.

I have 42 early access games on my wishlist. I don't buy Early Access titles, they need to come out of EA first.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Gotta say, it's great to have devs who release their EA updates on schedule like the Against the Storm devs. The game doesn't feel like EA at all, it's full of content and yet there's a lot of content coming still.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Azran posted:

Gotta say, it's great to have devs who release their EA updates on schedule like the Against the Storm devs. The game doesn't feel like EA at all, it's full of content and yet there's a lot of content coming still.

Looking at my wishlist of EA titles, many of them have been in development for 2 - 3 years and are behind schedule by at least a year. There are a few that are behind schedule by like 3 - 4 years.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I just want ah update on Last Epoch's multiplayer update :(

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Personally I almost stopped buying EA titles because I bought Darkest Dungeon while it was in EA and because it's a great game I played the gently caress out of it, to the point where I got completely burned out on it and because that I haven't been able to play the actual finished version of the game at all.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sab669 posted:

I just want ah update on Last Epoch's multiplayer update :(

They cancelled it. According to the devs, "co-op is gay."

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Darktide status: seems fun, will have to get used to all of the ranged enemies though, that's one major difference with Vermintide 2

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Darktide status: seems fun, will have to get used to all of the ranged enemies though, that's one major difference with Vermintide 2

It becomes quite important as the difficulty goes up to take stock of what you’re facing before you charge in and start swinging. Not dealing with a bunch of ranged dudes properly will stop a run in its tracks.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I mostly buy EA titles to be honest, if they seem buggy or not finished I just refund them. Cosmoteer is a recent one that has been great, BeamNG has been in dev forever but it's fun as hell, Dinkum is missing a ton of stuff but I still play it all the time.

Also just bought that Voidigo title, good price, love the art style.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Spiderman port is absolutely incredible, holy poo poo. Are all the PSN games ported this well? Thinking of getting God of War now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Away all Goats posted:

The Spiderman port is absolutely incredible, holy poo poo. Are all the PSN games ported this well? Thinking of getting God of War now.

Yeah they are all pretty fantastic.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yeah they’re all good and usually better looking than the PS5 upgrade versions.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Away all Goats posted:

The only bad port I've played was Horizon Zero Dawn which I think was the first major game Sony brought over to PC. That's been completely fixed by patches by now and all the other ones I've played have been top notch. Sony seems serious about bringing their games to PC these days and doesn't half-rear end it by sending the work out to shoddy studios.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Sackboy was also rough at launch with horrendous shader compilation stutter, but they fixed that not long after launch

They usually nail the ports, and when they don't they get fixed

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

really hoping the Bloodborne port turns out as amazing

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

kazil posted:

Any day now

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Away all Goats posted:

. Are all the PSN games ported this well?
Many of them are Deck verified out of the gate too. Make of that what you will.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

kazil posted:

With the new 4090s it might be able hit 27, maybe even 28fps.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

still wondering why sony thought it was a good idea to port the finale of the uncharted series to PC before the earlier games though

judging by steam stats UC4 sold extremely poorly compared to their other ports, probably because people want to play UC1-3 first

Veotax
May 16, 2006

repiv posted:

still wondering why sony thought it was a good idea to port the finale of the uncharted series to PC before the earlier games though

judging by steam stats UC4 sold extremely poorly compared to their other ports, probably because people want to play UC1-3 first

Probably because they ported the UC4 games to PS5 and it made it easy enough to make a PC version at the same time, ish. The Uncharted Trilogy collection they released a while back is PS4 only.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i got it free with a cpu

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sony looks to be making the same mistake again next year when people will wanna play the first threespokens.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

exquisite tea posted:

Sony looks to be making the same mistake again next year when people will wanna play the first threespokens.

boooooooo

Veotax
May 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

That's a Square game, not Sony.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Veotax posted:

Probably because they ported the UC4 games to PS5 and it made it easy enough to make a PC version at the same time, ish. The Uncharted Trilogy collection they released a while back is PS4 only.

they weren't developed together, the PS5 update was done internally but the PC port was outsourced to iron galaxy

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Tough crowd.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Mordja posted:

They cancelled it. According to the devs, "co-op is gay."

?? That's not true. They have a closed alpha of multiplayer going right now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:cmon:

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Wasn't the Uncharted port kinda meh? I know they had Iron Galaxy do it.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Going back to Hunt: Showdown chat for a moment, how brutal are the death penalties? I know you lose all of your gear and the guy you spent coins upgrading when you die, but what kind of a setback is that?

The pve and stealth pvp parts of the concept appeal to me, but I am terrible at pvp FPSes and a key part of being able to enjoy them is finding peace with the fact that I really suck and will die constantly to much better players, and if Hunt's progression treadmill is too slow I'm betting I would find it infuriating.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Anyway, what I want to know is when is somebody gonna remake Bolo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Omi no Kami posted:

Going back to Hunt: Showdown chat for a moment, how brutal are the death penalties? I know you lose all of your gear and the guy you spent coins upgrading when you die, but what kind of a setback is that?

They've made it a lot more friendly throughout development. For one thing, you actually keep all of your levels and (unused) equipment even if you're gunned down, for another, you can usually make enough money even without getting the bounty to stay solvent, for another another, You will always have access to free, randomly generated recruits who can actually show up with a fairly decent kit.