Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't even believe that guy wants that. i bet he would enjoy it for a few minutes and then get mad the first time he realized people don't associate that stuff with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JUNGLE BOY posted:

SquaredCircle users are talking about their “holy poo poo” dream moments for wrestling and this one made me cackle

Bray Wyatt making something must see TV is truly a dream

I'm trying to imagine the story that gets wrestling treated as "prestige TV" (not that I'm sure GOT or BB actually count as that but the definition seems to have changed) rather than as bottom feeding garbage for morons by most people & I can't come up with anything.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Imagine.. the IWC is mesmerized as the image of the Bray Wyatt blimp is shown to tens of millions of Americans throughout the day (and throughout the month). Michael Cole, stunned and as if in a trance, repeats the words, "Amazing, Amazing"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
what a vague dream

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

forkboy84 posted:

I'm trying to imagine the story that gets wrestling treated as "prestige TV" (not that I'm sure GOT or BB actually count as that but the definition seems to have changed) rather than as bottom feeding garbage for morons by most people & I can't come up with anything.

How about this, and hear me out: Cody Rhodes wins the big one.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

basically just saying "my dream is for bray wyatt to make something that isn't complete poo poo"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I wasn't watching when The Fiend was a thing but wasn't Fiend merch the best selling merch after he debuted the gimmick? I'm not saying that was must see TV or anything but a ton of people super into it and WWE made a ton of money from it

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Elephant Ambush posted:

I wasn't watching when The Fiend was a thing but wasn't Fiend merch the best selling merch after he debuted the gimmick? I'm not saying that was must see TV or anything but a ton of people super into it and WWE made a ton of money from it

Yeah I wasn't following either, but I remember seeing the fiend and how it was pushed and thinking it was a relaly dumb gimmick on par with Finn Balor's demon, but goons and some friends said the firefly funhouse were good segments and I never realized fiend and firefly were connected.

But I love danhausen and marked out when evil danhausen came out with his older pazuzu makeup, so wrestling fans are fickle and dumb

I am the wrestling fans. I'm fickle and dumb

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 24, 2022

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah I wasn't following either, but I remember seeing the fiend and how it was pushed and thinking it was a relaly dumb gimmick on par with Finn Balor's demon, but goons and some friends said the firefly funhouse were good segments and I never realized fiend and firefly were connected.

But I love danhausen and marked out when evil danhausen came out with his older pazuzu makeup, so wrestling fans are fickle and dumb

I am the wrestling fans. I'm fickle and dumb

So the Firefly Funhouse segments were really good because Bray was playing a deranged Mister Rogers type. Even the start of the Fiend gimmick was well received, it's just that he started wrestling. Suddenly an indestructible serial killer makes it much more difficult to get into because now he's no longer compelling.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Bray Wyatt is quite good at coming up with gimmicks. Maybe one of the best of all time. Man has been able to hype himself up multiple times after moments that should have ended his career.

He is, unfortunately, quite bad at pretty much every other aspect of professional wrestling. Hence why he's needed to reinvent himself so many times.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

maruhkati posted:

Bray Wyatt is quite good at coming up with gimmicks. Maybe one of the best of all time. Man has been able to hype himself up multiple times after moments that should have ended his career.

He is, unfortunately, quite bad at pretty much every other aspect of professional wrestling. Hence why he's needed to reinvent himself so many times.

It would help if they didn't always beat him over and over again every time. It's kind of hard to stay invested in a spooky supernatural monster gimmick when your scary horror villain eats poo poo on the regular.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Has the background been removed from this or are they actually in a perfect black void

It looks really weird

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

Has the background been removed from this or are they actually in a perfect black void

It looks really weird

They're standing in front of some black fabric or a curtain or something. You might need to turn up the brightness on your monitor to see it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That guy needs to hit the beach.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

I'm trying to imagine the story that gets wrestling treated as "prestige TV"

Eddie Kingston title chase :colbert:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

you know it smell wild in there

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Where can I buy a fiend pipe? I need a fiend pipe.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/Maddchiney/status/1595814781713350659?t=xmSA6ootGxQrNzYySzY9Hw&s=19

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Literally the "You need an exceptionally high IQ to get Rick & Morty's humor" but for rap

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Drakkel posted:

Literally the "You need an exceptionally high IQ to get Rick & Morty's humor" but for Pro Wrestling NOAH.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
As someone who barely knows rap at all I know there are different kinds of it and they have different paces and all but there’s still a general concept of flow.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Eddie Kingston addressing his enemies

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Maxwell Lord posted:

As someone who barely knows rap at all I know there are different kinds of it and they have different paces and all but there’s still a general concept of flow.

There are 2 kinds of rap, the kind that sounds like it's from characters on a 90s sitcom or Nickelodeon show and literally everything else. This is the first kind.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

1glitch0 posted:

There are 2 kinds of rap, the kind that sounds like it's from characters on a 90s sitcom or Nickelodeon show and literally everything else. This is the first kind.
"Bedrock yellow, orange, purple, lime and red / But to get the fruity taste, I gotta trick Fred" has way better flow than this.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
For me it's the referencing of the full title of God of War Ragnarok that gets me. It doesn't feel natural in any way and is more shoehorned in with no real reason other than "What is popular right now?".

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Hoss Corncave posted:

For me it's the referencing of the full title of God of War Ragnarok that gets me. It doesn't feel natural in any way and is more shoehorned in with no real reason other than "What is popular right now?".

It is the most "how do you do fellow kids" line possible.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Hoss Corncave posted:

Well that's how you know Vince isn't shadow booking, because he'd have them reference Morrowind, which he only just heard of today.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rappers create a verbal fantasy land. Top Dolla’s happens to be broken and ill conceived. The manifestation of impostor syndrome’s great fear: I had all these amazing people carry me to the top and now I’m flailing like a child.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

You don't need a high iq, just a lust for violence and grandpas

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Testekill posted:

It is the most "how do you do fellow kids" line possible.

Creative and marketing endorsed rap is what all the kids are into. Top Dolla should have had his cap on backwards though.

Bonk posted:

Well that's how you know Vince isn't shadow booking, because he'd have them reference Morrowind, which he only just heard of today.

Honestly, if they'd just said "This ain't God of War" or even "This ain't the Elder Scrolls" it wouldn't have stood out as much.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Am I seeing it wrong or did those guys steal Penta's taunt

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Max Caster's corny bad-on-purpose rapping is way better than anything Top Dolla has ever produced

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like 99% of all wrestling rap is bad and kind of not even really rap but just some weird parody of what people who don't listen to rap though rap was in the 80s or something.

But even by those standards those dudes are bad.

I suppose his argument is that fans are judging them by that bad wrestling parody standard instead of like actual rap standards. Which in theory is a fine point. But nah. Those are just bad raps.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/swerveconfident/status/1596141162967969792

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Benne posted:

Max Caster's corny bad-on-purpose rapping is way better than anything Top Dolla has ever produced

Yeah, he's smart in recognizing that lame raps that are just a bunch of burns are going to get over a lot better than any real rapping. If you're going to be real you need to be really talented and if you were then you would just be a rapper and not a wrestler who raps.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wrappler

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Snob's pivot to AEW guy is hilarious

https://twitter.com/ALeavelle/status/1595774419355697152?t=xGEqoUEUWcORgZ056eQYXA&s=19

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
If a wrestler was also a genuinely good rapper that can create songs regular people like, they should probably just be a rapper. Unless you're Bryan Danielson and simply can't not wrestle, why would you thrash your body when you have other options?

With that said, it would be funny if Max did some Eminem full speed flow for one of his raps and steamrollered over any possible audience reaction to the punchlines.

beepo fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 25, 2022