Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Woolie Wool posted:

MBS is not going to sacrifice his ability to compromise one of the primary means of organizing resistance against regimes like his because somebody posted something blasphemous on Twitter, get over yourself and your orientalism.

Quite a post you've got there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
just gotta reiterate that the original quote is:

Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, Vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.

And those people should not be listened to who keep saying the voice of the people is the voice of God, since the riotousness of the crowd is always very close to madness.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Woolie Wool posted:

and your orientalism.

You must be British.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Woolie Wool posted:

How much can they do to him if he just sacrifices the European market and aligns himself fully with the right wing griftosphere, making Twitter essentially a larger scale version of Parler? It's not like Elon has proven himself unwilling to go scorched earth with his own capital.

If he burns the Euro market then he's going to be absolutely hosed in regards to actually making payments and the like, and he's also burning bridges with amazon and the like and that's going to make it worse.

A billionaire is only a billionaire because of their business connections.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Party Ape posted:

You must be British.

can we tone the rhetoric down, nobody deserves this kind of insult

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Rebel Blob posted:

Wasn't the only one to notice that someone must have used this around Musk a few weeks back and he started repeating it all the time to sound smart. He's been using the phrase a bunch outside of Twitter too.
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1595880934771154945

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

What does assuming the leader of a regional power is not some fanatical :foxnews: caricature of a terrorist but a competent politician pursuing a rational strategy to thwart the potential for revolution in his sphere of influence have to do with the British?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
turns out billionaires are just dumbasses who play legion in new vegas

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Kind of weird to just assume some dude you don’t know isn’t actually that serious about his religion

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Embeds are broken for me, is this poo poo finally starting to breakdown?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Light Gun Man posted:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Woolie Wool posted:

MBS is not going to sacrifice his ability to compromise one of the primary means of organizing resistance against regimes like his because somebody posted something blasphemous on Twitter, get over yourself and your orientalism.

E: especially get over the idea that MBS or other leaders like him give a poo poo what Westerners think of Islam, we're not his problem and he doesn't give a poo poo about us one way or the other

:same: (Whatever it means.)

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
can someone remind me who financed bin laden again?

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Kind of weird to just assume some dude you don’t know isn’t actually that serious about his religion

"Serious about the religion" ≠ "gently caress up your own strategy obsessing over shitposts written by white people that the people who actually pose a threat to your regime will never see". And as far as people committing blasphemy or lese-majeste on Twitter in KSA, he has his own security authorities who can deal with that.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rebel Blob posted:

Wasn't the only one to notice that someone must have used this around Musk a few weeks back and he started repeating it all the time to sound smart. He's been using the phrase a bunch outside of Twitter too.

Reminder:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/samalcarez/status/1595570031831695368

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Woolie Wool posted:

Pretty on brand for postmodern fash tbh, Moldbug would call it "based".

elon is quite possibly the least based person who has ever lived

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Nice

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013
libera te tutemet ex inferis

Goatsee the mollusk.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rebel Blob posted:

What's latin for "I am a massive tool?"

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

Vox dei.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

Elonum Muskus

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

TulliusCicero posted:

Elonay Uskmay

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Light Gun Man posted:

You would think the dictators House ending would be more their speed, but even that is too organized and logical for the lead brains

Isn't Zuckerbot also a wierd Romophile? What is it with white billionares and emulating Edgy Assholes: the Empire?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 24, 2022

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Embeds are broken for me, is this poo poo finally starting to breakdown?

Still going on my end. Lmfao just a few months ago I was angry at Twitter embeds not working for me on the forums b/c of my browser settings, now I'm hoping they crash.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

TulliusCicero posted:

“Ave atque vale” hopefully

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

Isn't Zuckerbot also a wierd Romophile? What is it with white billionares and emulating Edgy Assholes: the Empire?

Hmmm, huge narcissists wanting to emulate an empire that has been called the golden age of man and to those with no real knowledge of history is centred around one man is kinda weird

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I wouldn’t call him a Roman guy he seems to only care about Augustus’s haircut. Which is a bizarre thing to focus on

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Telsa Cola posted:

If he burns the Euro market then he's going to be absolutely hosed in regards to actually making payments and the like, and he's also burning bridges with amazon and the like and that's going to make it worse.

A billionaire is only a billionaire because of their business connections.
Twitter is hosed financially no matter what he does, not unless he's willing to sink another 10 billion into it to keep it out of the hands of the banks when Twitter defaults on its loans. For all the talk about whether Twitter falls apart technically, less attention is being paid to who is paying the bills and with what money.

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

lmao at the browser tabs - tesla+fire=bad?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

You would think the dictators House ending would be more their speed, but even that is too organized and logical for the lead brains

They want the unbridled greed of the empire and for it to be lauded while forgetting that's half the reason it fell.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

elon is quite possibly the least based person who has ever lived

:lmao: well it would be moldbug giving that opinion and you could probably get along pretty well pretty well in life believing exactly the opposite as him

E: dude literally thinks Elon Musk is going to save Twitter :rubby:

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

kw0134 posted:

Twitter is hosed financially no matter what he does, not unless he's willing to sink another 10 billion into it to keep it out of the hands of the banks when Twitter defaults on its loans. For all the talk about whether Twitter falls apart technically, less attention is being paid to who is paying the bills and with what money.

I want to see if he's going to take on the FTC and whether one or the other blinks first.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

TulliusCicero posted:

Romanes eunt domus.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

ultrabindu posted:

I want to see if he's going to take on the FTC and whether one or the other blinks first.
The FTC was actively trolling Twitter by dropping "hints" via tweet that violations of things like, say, consent decrees by even former employees of certain firms can be easily reported at their website. The FTC doesn't blink, but there's a fair question of whether they can move fast enough before private sector vultures start tearing the intestines from the corpse first.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Woolie Wool posted:

:lmao: well it would be moldbug giving that opinion and you could probably get along pretty well pretty well in life believing exactly the opposite as him

E: dude literally thinks Elon Musk is going to save Twitter :rubby:

I am quite comfortable believing the diametric opposite of anyone who believes Elon is the savior of anything whatsoever

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

lol at the bottle in this image that Elon definitely owns irl

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

evilmiera posted:

They want the unbridled greed of the empire and for it to be lauded while forgetting that's half the reason it fell.

They think it was the gays that made it fall

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The fall of Rome was directly related to CRT in schools do some research

Children at drag queen brunches was also a factor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧