Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I just put on the WTF Gallagher episode. What a prick lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watching Star Trek The Motion Picture for this WLM Nexus episode on it and I'm considering ending my Patreon sub. I've been subscribing for years, but honestly I don't really give a poo poo about Star Trek, 90210 or Melrose Place at this point in my life, the Gleep Glossary and Animation Damnation and Once In A Lifetime are fine but I don't usually find them to be all that memorable, etc.

Also I don't have a lot of money and that's $10/month I could be spending on food. If I had more spending money, I wouldn't mind giving the guys a few bucks a month for what they do even if I don't care about the extra content it gets me, but yeah.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
If they handle it right, Gallagher's funeral could be pretty wild.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

If the decision is food or podcast I think you already know the answer

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Rageaholic posted:

Watching Star Trek The Motion Picture for this WLM Nexus episode on it and I'm considering ending my Patreon sub. I've been subscribing for years, but honestly I don't really give a poo poo about Star Trek, 90210 or Melrose Place at this point in my life, the Gleep Glossary and Animation Damnation and Once In A Lifetime are fine but I don't usually find them to be all that memorable, etc.

Also I don't have a lot of money and that's $10/month I could be spending on food. If I had more spending money, I wouldn't mind giving the guys a few bucks a month for what they do even if I don't care about the extra content it gets me, but yeah.

Ok.

Edit: if you don’t care about the content, don’t sub. It’s not rocket science.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Rageaholic posted:

We're going through hard times, reprioritizing expenses is pretty much inevitable and no one will fault you for doing so.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s also cool to just quit for a while and subscribe periodically. I don’t particularly care for Star Trek either but I find their commentary way more entertaining than any Star Trek episode I’ve seen. Bones being a classical nu metal fan is amazing.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

BiggerBoat posted:

If they handle it right, Gallagher's funeral could be pretty wild.

I'm bringing my parka

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
When I was going through a hard time financially a few years ago, my friend let me use his Patreon RSS feed for WHM to listen. It didn't make me feel good, but I honestly needed the laughs, and the boys helped me through a lot. When I got back up on my feet, I made sure to subscribe to their top feed and I've paid for every extra thing they've done since.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So I finished my rewatch of Thief after a 30 year gap and it's good but, man, does it move slow.

Sometimes that works to the film's advantage but a lot of times it's just slow for the sake of being slow and is trying to build tension that isn't really there to be had. I love how "lived in" most of the scenes look and where you can kind smell things and feel temperatures, if that makes any sense.

Reminded me of Taxi Driver in some ways.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1591456319021907968

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Invalid Validation posted:

Bones being a classical nu metal fan is amazing.

It's this, I love Nu Metal Bones.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Iron Crowned posted:

It's this, I love Nu Metal Bones.

I love that the bit is still going 2+ years later

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
1) Eric's Alec Baldwin narrator voice is amazing.

2) I would kill for Wes Anderson's Elongated Man.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I really like WLM episodes, and love The Royal Tenenbaums as a movie, but every criticism people have of the episodes just repeating lines and running out of ways of saying things are great are completely valid for this episode.

I had a good time with the episode but yeah I can see why folks sour on WLM.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

This Hannibal episode is making up for at least half of WLM.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

dorium posted:

Yeah, I'm glad the office is empty today, I was actually crying laughing at one point as the auction bit continued

"We're sorry, you need an original song to bid in-" "Well we're in no danger of that, then!"

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

dorium posted:

”Anyone here ever consume brain?”
“Human?”
“…no.”
“Oh. Then no.”

Great episode.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I just got around to listening to the mailbag. Did anyone ever figure out what Stadium Style actually meant?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Gyges posted:

I just got around to listening to the mailbag. Did anyone ever figure out what Stadium Style actually meant?

As far as anyone could puzzle out, it was like absolutely loaded nachos or a hot dog.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

thrawn527 posted:

”Anyone here ever consume brain?”
“Human?”
“…no.”
“Oh. Then no.”

Great episode.

"I'm sorry Orgy, but all bids must be in the form of an original song."

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Hannibal WHM gives "bean dinner" a whole new meaning.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Gyges posted:

The letter writer chimed in on one of the Facebook groups. Apparently Bowser's Airship was the closest analogue, a plane with a fighting arena onboard

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

it’s eric’s favorite day of the year

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Soup du Jour posted:

one year and two days since he signed my copy of frame 313 :allears:

EDIT: also thanks Eric for inspiring me to make this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4p_NTz1zfI

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 22, 2022

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I thought Devil’s Night was before Halloween?

I just watched Last Crusade on a plane, and now I really hope it makes it on WLM soon. A+ movie, but so many “Wait what” moments that would wreck a lesser movie, plus Jennifer Poopy and her amazing ADR.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I had a single beer tonight and since I don't drink it got me pretty drunk and I wanted to see what the release was for today since I have to drive a lot tomorrow and I immediately got angry that they would do a we hate movies on Point Break. Then I remembered what month it was and now I can't wait for my drive tomorrow

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The Point Break episode is great. That is the kind of movie that lends itself to this show's style far more than Royal Tenenbaums, which I found to be a slog.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Yeah this episode rules, easily the funniest wlm this month. I will say I did enjoy all the wlm this month so far even if they weren't that funny. I just enjoy hearing the guys talk about movies.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I love Matt being on because it gave some opportunities for the righteous movie anger that’s usually reserved for Chris. Laughed the whole way through him yelling YOU KNOW IT WAS HIM, HE LOOKED AT YOU AND YOU LOOKED AT HIME, COME ON!

Also, real life tangent: I watched it for the first time today (loved it of course) and I was just now trying to decide on a beer at the bar and I noticed one named “Utah, Get Me Two” so that made my decision easier

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Why TF is that Chapo guy constantly saying "mechanism". Its really driving me nuts

edit: oh gently caress its a guy in the movie lol

Arson Daily fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 24, 2022

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Soup du Jour posted:

They should do a Kennedy month

JFK
13 Days
Chappaquiddick
Buba Hoptep for WLM

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Timeless Appeal posted:

They should do a Kennedy month

JFK
13 Days
Chappaquiddick
Buba Hoptep for WLM

animation damnation: *power hour andrew voice* way way back in the 1980s

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I have to say I love the sheer chaos energy of the Gleep Glossary these days. It's basically a full-on morning zoo now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

WOOKIE LEADER ATACHACHUG

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

explosivo posted:

WOOKIE LEADER ATACHACHUG

Absolutely look up the names of some of these Wookies and understand why he kept going for the soundboard.

"Attichitcuk" is a next-level nightmare

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

secretly best girl posted:

I have to say I love the sheer chaos energy of the Gleep Glossary these days. It's basically a full-on morning zoo now.

I get the feeling it's always the last show they record in a session, so they end up good and drunk by the time they get to it.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Listening to the most recent MELR0210 and I will never get enough of Cabin's absolute disdain for Brandon Walsh.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Drint Blasters posted:

Listening to the most recent MELR0210 and I will never get enough of Cabin's absolute disdain for Brandon Walsh.

He’s not wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The boys describing Melrose Billy's soft penised method of making love was incredible. Dipping sauce