Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

4th Stimpire Queen posted:

Choice comments:

SWG could also do functional combat mechanics and game loops and multiple roles/classes and space stations (and space ships) that don't come apart and accidentally transfer their physics root nodes to player models, and yet SC has had a lot of trouble implementing those…

I think there might be some holes in that logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/StarCitizenDan/status/1595469898230239255
https://twitter.com/pico_sc/status/1595575341300740096
https://twitter.com/SomeDude82SC/status/1595476442070257664
https://twitter.com/TheNekoDen1/status/1595702688703987714

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Contemplate with nice thoughts and utterances.

Mirificus posted:

assorted misoginy

Best community ever folks!

4th Stimpire Queen fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 24, 2022

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Family is temporary, an Idris is forever.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

You must remember that these people are all probably 60yo+ like monocle cat. They are from a different time. This was considered normal banter in the 70s.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

ha ha women am I right my fellow Americans ha ha women

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Miri you missed this nice guy!
imaginary spaceships = art.

"time for a better wife' :lmao:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Ah haha ha.

Hmm.

Nah, don't go there, disappointing trajectory to play-bash women. Too many people do it for real.

But in other news, I'm cooking so much yummy food today and yesterday, I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving if you celebrate it. :)

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Miri you missed this nice guy!
imaginary spaceships = art.

"time for a better wife' :lmao:

I don't believe any of those people are actually even married/have significant others.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
:chloe:

Strictly speaking, there is no ship. Not even digital one. He would pay for some old concept art.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/sE8rMJC.mp4

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

The Titanic posted:

Imagine hanging something that looks suspiciously like a giant dildo from your ceiling with pride.

Heh heh heh... yeah. "Imagine..."

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

New ISC is basically a 10 minutes long ad for the new RSI Galaxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpFmuF6jHEQ

They say "multirole" ships let you enjoy all aspects of gameplay and that they'll be the best ones for Pyro as "you never know what might be around the corner".

Cue the Galaxy a vessel with "true modularity" :lmao:

Really guys, look at this concept art, guy says you can change its interior to "support significant and real gameplay loops" :lol:

Several devs are then harping about its looks, how it's "industrial, capital-like, a ship you want to fly with friends"...i mean, it's a concept so what else could they like about it?

List of modules:

- cargo module, increases cargo space! (duh)

-refinery module, which'll "work really well and turn it onto a prospector"

-medical module, with several different tier of beds.

After that comes an amazing comedy piece "it's been a while since we've showed a modular ship or released new ships that are modular...it isn't something we want to move away from"... :lmao:

(I...I don't think they've ever released a modular ship...like ever? Correct me if I'm wrong)

"modular ships help push multicrew gamplay"

and that's "why we haven't released many multirole ships recently...now that we're closer to being able to deliver it's something we want to revisit again"

The Galaxy is a ship where you and your friends "can experience most of the game without limiting yourselves"...so buy it now!

Most voted comment from the main sub;

So buy the Galaxy, and don't think too much about all the modular ships we've already sold and never delivered...nor about the ships that were supposed to be modular but became several different variants so that we'd get more money from you, this time we'll get it right... buy buy now before the price increases! :homebrew:

(and don't think about the Anaconda, an actual multirole ship from an actual game...shhh)

4th Stimpire Queen fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 25, 2022

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
100% they ripped the idea of the modular interiors for the Galaxy from the No Man's Sky Freighter mechanics. Not to get all 'Simpsons did it' but... it's pretty striking.

Not that they even remotely have the manpower or ability to pull it off, of course.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

The drat thing is up to 83GB now?

The really amusing thing is that apparently any break in the download will stall their lovely downloader.

Viscous Soda fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Nov 25, 2022

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016
Star Wars: Squadrons is free on Epic right now. It may not have the fidelitous world building of a Robert Space game, nor the detail oriented game design he is known for, or indeed the premium cost of a high end bleeding edge technology game built for PC gaming, but hey, it has space ships and is free.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

The drat thing is up to 83GB now?

*laughs in flight simulator*

Is like little baby

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpFmuF6jHEQ

They say "multirole" ships let you enjoy all aspects of gameplay and that they'll be the best ones for Pyro as "you never know what might be around the corner".

Cue the Galaxy a vessel with "true modularity" :lmao:

Really guys, look at this concept art, guy says you can change its interior to "support significant and real gameplay loops" :lol:

Several devs are then harping about its looks, how it's "industrial, capital-like, a ship you want to fly with friends"...i mean, it's a concept so what else could they like about it?

List of modules:

- cargo module, increases cargo space! (duh)

-refinery module, which'll "work really well and turn it onto a prospector"

-medical module, with several different tier of beds.

After that comes an amazing comedy piece "it's been a while since we've showed a modular ship or released new ships that are modular...it isn't something we want to move away from"... :lmao:

(I...I don't think they've ever released a modular ship...like ever? Correct me if I'm wrong)

"modular ships help push multicrew gamplay"

and that's "why we haven't released many multirole ships recently...now that we're closer to being able to deliver it's something we want to revisit again"

The Galaxy is a ship where you and your friends "can experience most of the game without limiting yourselves"...so buy it now!

Most voted comment from the main sub;

So buy the Galaxy, and don't think too much about all the modular ships we've already sold and never delivered...nor about the ships that were supposed to be modular but became several different variants so that we'd get more money from you, this time we'll get it right... buy buy now before the price increases! :homebrew:

(and don't think about the Anaconda, an actual multirole ship from an actual game...shhh)

With Star Citizen, "released" is a term used very loosely.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Oh...another big modular ship?

Spectrum is very happy:

:thumbsup: CIG

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Backers thinking CiG wants to help them making "informed purchasing decisions" is the real sci-fi element of SC.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Best community ever folks!

That's what women do right, take your money and buy dresses, shoes, and makeup?

This guy I know explained it all to me. He mentioned something about a red pill too!

Experimental Skin posted:

Star Wars: Squadrons is free on Epic right now. It may not have the fidelitous world building of a Robert Space game, nor the detail oriented game design he is known for, or indeed the premium cost of a high end bleeding edge technology game built for PC gaming, but hey, it has space ships and is free.

And it going free spiked the player count from a few hundred to 6-7 thousand now so it's probably a good time to get in.

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Your daily cringe. :coffee:

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Your daily cringe. :coffee:

We don't make games

$$$:trustme:$$$

We just prey on hapless idiots with no impulse control

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/StarshipNemo/status/1596116237133938688
https://twitter.com/StarshipNemo/status/1596117629277999104

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

The Backlog... visualized posted:

quote:

how often this minority will bomb spectrum with such thread?

quote:

It's not random, they come out of the woodwork every time CIG has an event. They have their little off-site haunts, you can find them if you look. There are those who jump on board, but they aren't the real driving force behind it all. They've been around ever since the beginning.

quote:

The Javelin, Idris, Nautilus, Perseus and Polaris are all Squadron 42 ships - we don't know how far they have got with them... and they wouldn't tell us. Also we know there are ships in Squadron 42 E1 we haven't even seen. (Some of us have!)

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Ah yes,the rumoured full playthrough someone has done of SQ42E1. Wasn't that Ben?

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
A monthly subscription to keep up hope that your big, impossible ships would be in the game at some point? Not a certainty, mind, but encouragement? With lunatics like these, who needs a game.

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!
Pay2dream

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
I hope CIG implements Capital Ship Blackm.. Development Subscription Program.

Maybe with multiple tiers. The more you pay, the more detailed your monthly technobabble reports with 8K wireframe screenshots (these happen once and never again).

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dwesa posted:

Oh...another big modular ship?

Spectrum is very happy:

:thumbsup: CIG

Looks like you found a bunch of FUD spreaders who better just be quiet!

What cig promised to backers yesterday doesn't matter compared to what they promise today.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

star citizen simps posted:

[terrible stuff from twitter]

Well, it's official: star citizen is now findom.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Ah yes,the rumoured full playthrough someone has done of SQ42E1. Wasn't that Ben?

Zyloh

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

“$50 a month notice me Senpai Chris!” Subscription, lol great stuff.

Sorry pal CIG makes plenty of money off of the big whale ships, they just have no idea how to get them working in the game, so be prepared for another decade of waiting.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 26, 2022

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Ah yes the Kraken

Totally a real thing CIG is working hard to bring to the 'verse.

lol did they really scam ppl for this jpeg four years ago?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Release the Kraken!

No seriously, please release the Kraken it's been 5 years.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Speaking of which, whatever happened to :lesnick:?

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

The whale ship discussion is going well on Reddit.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
For CIG to get even one of those ships out will take them years and it won't functionally be any different than a small fighter. The big capital ship gameplay they haven't even started thinking about, it will just be an upscaled model of your basic single seat fighter.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Except this doesn't give them an incentive to finish at all because finishing suddenly cuts off the recurring fee they get from all the idiot bagholders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I just want to know where all these neckbeards will get friends to sit and play the 2 gameplay loops they have on their monster ships that require 5 to fly.

Like I can barely get my friends to agree to meet twice a week for drinks.