Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Deus Ex Manuel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

drat, that was brutal, kathy

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Turkey Day stream is saying they can't legally show some episodes on their Gizmoplex platform. Which ones and why?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Zesty posted:

Turkey Day stream is saying they can't legally show some episodes on their Gizmoplex platform. Which ones and why?
I assume it's the same episodes they haven't been able to sell through Shout for licensing reasons

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

least appropriate 'everybody laughs' ending of all time

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
"Mother Crabber" is one of the best songs they've written, and I unapologetically cranked my volume up for it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I was wondering if they maybe would've run the old episodes through an AI upscaler but it looks more like they just fixed the interlacing issues and used some noise reduction

which is fine honestly

e: googling it i guess maybe they also replaced the print of film? that makes some sense. you still get a lot of fuzziness in the hots segments though

lol i guess this film you couldn't get a much better print of, though

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 25, 2022

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Zesty posted:

It was a pain to track down, but a post on their forums lists all the episodes that are missing from the Gizmoplex, presumably due to rights issues:

201 Rocketship X-M
212 Godzilla vs. Megalon
213 Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster
305 Stranded In Space
309 The Amazing Colossal Man
311 It Conquered the World
317 Viking Women and the Sea Serpent
401 Space Travelers
416 Fire Maidens of Outer Space
418 Attack of the Eye Creatures
522 Teen-Age Crime Wave
524 12 To the Moon
601 Girls Town
605 Colossus and the Headhunters
614 San Francisco International
615 Kitten With a Whip
704 The Incredible Melting Man
801 Revenge of the Creature
802 The Leech Woman
803 The Mole People
804 The Deadly Mantis
805 The Thing That Couldn’t Die
807 Terror From the Year 5000
809 I Was a Teenage Werewolf
814 Riding With Death
815 Agent for H.A.R.M.
901 The Projected Man
905 The Deadly Bees
906 The Space Children
910 The Final Sacrifice
1001 Soultaker
1010 It Lives By Night
1012 Squirm
1013 Diabolik

A couple of these (such as Final Sacrifice) were available for sale during their original Kickstarter when they still had the rights, so if you picked up those old packages you can still stream them for yourself. However without the rights they won't be streaming them for the general public.

Nemo2342 fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 25, 2022

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Wow yeah. That's quite the list. A lot of well-known episodes too.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ANY FRUIT TO DECLARE??

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zesty posted:

A couple of them (It Lives By Night, Viking Women Etc., and Stranded in Space are the ones I'm aware of) are available from Rifftrax.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 25, 2022

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Zesty posted:

Just to be clear, some of those never got releases at all due to rights issues, and some got DVD releases which are now permanently out of print due to the rights issues.

Thankfully bootlegs/Internet Archive/Youtube have them covered.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Incidentally, if you want the best copy of The Beast of Yucca Flats you can get, buy it from the Gizmoplex. The Gizmoplex version doesn't have the authoring error that the DVD and Rifftrax editions do (the error causes an unpleasant audio skip in the middle of a riff during the first short). Relatedly, the Rifftrax and Gizmoplex editions of Red Zone Cuba include a couple riffs that got inexplicably cut from the previous DVD release.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

A couple of them (It Lives By Night, Viking Women Etc., and Stranded in Space are the ones I'm aware of) are available from Rifftrax.

Going back to double-check, those are available on Gizmoplex too. I guess I'll go through the whole list so I can figure out which ones are actually gone.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nemo2342 posted:

Going back to double-check, those are available on Gizmoplex too. I guess I'll go through the whole list so I can figure out which ones are actually gone.

Add 213 Godzilla vs. Sea Monster to the unavailable episodes, what with it being a Godzilla film and all.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Add 213 Godzilla vs. Sea Monster to the unavailable episodes, what with it being a Godzilla film and all.

Added that and removed the following which are available:

305 Stranded In Space
317 Viking Women and the Sea Serpent
1010 It Lives By Night

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Pretty sure I have the collection up to the Netflix era.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Relatedly, the Rifftrax and Gizmoplex editions of Red Zone Cuba include a couple riffs that got inexplicably cut from the previous DVD release.

Which riffs were cut?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
While the Gizmoplex search sucks for finding videos you own, it's not bad for checking if something is unavailable. Each season has a list of which episodes they don't have the rights for, so if you search for it and only get a hit for the entire season that means they can't sell it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mister Kingdom posted:

Which riffs were cut?

The one I recall is Crow shouting "It's morning in Purgatory!" after a rooster crows after the end of the last commercial break.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
there are still a few episodes that I've never been able to stay awake/engaged for, and WotLW is one of them. I know how it begins and ends and I remember the host segments but the rest of it has just rolled off me every time

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

did the film producers change the gun sounds to get a PG rating or something, or did they really think using those sounds made the guns "sci-fi"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh there are many episodes I've never finished and possibly even some that I've never started. At this point I've had so many episodes on in the background, hey remember before youtube there was that 24 hour stream of episodes you could point your audio browser to???

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The 7th Guest posted:

did the film producers change the gun sounds to get a PG rating or something, or did they really think using those sounds made the guns "sci-fi"

It's the latter, probably not helped by the fact that the sound on the copy BBI got was miserable.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

One of my most treasured mst3k memories is when the sci-fi channel ran an un-riffed version of The Beginning of the End with a live chat feature that let people post in irc and have their comments appear on-screen during the broadcast. They later did it with midnight showings of The Prisoner, which I watched obsessively because of how clever and weird the chat got.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"Shot your father I did!"

lolol

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

precision posted:

hey remember before youtube there was that 24 hour stream of episodes you could point your audio browser to???

I do not but dang what a good idea in those dark days

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

kim cattrall kim cattrall kim cattrall kim cattrall

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I AM GRANDO posted:

One of my most treasured mst3k memories is when the sci-fi channel ran an un-riffed version of The Beginning of the End with a live chat feature that let people post in irc and have their comments appear on-screen during the broadcast.

That was my first MST3K episode! I thought it was great. And then when SciFi premiered their first actual MST episode and I watched it I was so confused wondering when the chat was going to start scrolling.

I figured it out eventually.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah they did that with a few movies including Last Woman On Earth

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

This is the first time I've seen this one. Has the movie always been impossible to hear, or is the audio mix just weird for today's stream?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Long Time Companion Olympics!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I don't care for America so far!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was Parts always this pixelated? This one seems less cleaned-up than the others.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Come to think of it Emily got the roughest first movie of any host.

Joel had The Crawling Eye which I will argue is not that bad

Mike was Brain That Wouldn’t Die which is that bad but is also goofy enough to not be tedious

Jonah got Reptilicus which is a silly giant monster movie

Beyond Atlantis is *something*

Yes, but have you considered...

Mother Crabber

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hello, I’m Peter Graves

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
"Was that a bad movie or was I just in the wrong mood?"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It is perfectly bleak and full of droning paranoia in that 70s way. I never noticed before that it seems like it has two endings: the actual ending and the part where Peter Graves is obviously dead. And how did they know clone guy was going to go back, as they lobotomized the lady way earlier in the movie? And why did clone guy go back, when they were obviously going to catch him?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i've watched the marathon on a 4KTV and it's honestly difficult to tell the difference in these remastered episodes aside from the awful interlacing being gone. but I think part of it is Youtube's compression artifacts because the stream's been pretty darn artifacty, like early Youtube artifacty, so that's probably mucking up the detail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I AM GRANDO posted:

It is perfectly bleak and full of droning paranoia in that 70s way. I never noticed before that it seems like it has two endings: the actual ending and the part where Peter Graves is obviously dead. And how did they know clone guy was going to go back, as they lobotomized the lady way earlier in the movie? And why did clone guy go back, when they were obviously going to catch him?

Maybe it's because I've been watching this since 3am (and slept for 3 hours to get up to start this marathon at 3am) but I wasn't really prepared for that bleak ending.