Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Awesome! posted:

next time someone walks up and pats my lalafell on the head im shouting "simulated assault!!"

If you don't like people doing it to you, you should tell them to stop, and if they don't, report them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

so many different types of cringe itt. turning into limsa chat

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Potsticker posted:

If you don't like people doing it to you, you should tell them to stop, and if they don't, report them.

They're making fun of you dingus.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This thread is a simulated assault on good posting

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

threads that make me wish I was still recovering from the flu

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Potsticker posted:

I wouldn't call a post containing roleplaying touching someone without their permission in an infantilizing manner as "cringe" so much as "simulated assault"

:chloe:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
This is worse than Godbert chat.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

guillotine cringeposters

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
*walks up to the guillotine and gets set down in it*
I am cringe... but I am free
*the guillotine blade falls*

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

guillotine cringeposters

cringe guillotineposters tbqh

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Don't guillotine the part of you that's cringe.
Guillotine the part of you that cringes.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Zeruel posted:

*walks up to the guillotine and gets set down in it*
I am cringe... but I am free
*the guillotine blade falls*

:same:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

i didnt think a couple extra weeks between patches would be as bad as it is but here we are

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Reading these terrible posts is the price we pay for the devs to have a better work/life balance

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I decided to fantasia from my current character but I also used a retainer fantasia so its like my old character is going on holiday for a while and my retainer is taking over

:unsmith:

see you around space potato.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I had a get rich quick scheme before ShB released where I stocked up on tons of retainer fantasia thinking that the price would go through the roof because people would be switching retainers over to hroth and viera, but it didn’t pan out. I made a small profit, but not much. I though I was so smart too. That is my retainer fantasia story.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Zeruel posted:

I decided to fantasia from my current character but I also used a retainer fantasia so its like my old character is going on holiday for a while and my retainer is taking over

:unsmith:

see you around space potato.

My two retainers bear my WoL's past looks.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I had a get rich quick scheme before ShB released where I stocked up on tons of retainer fantasia thinking that the price would go through the roof because people would be switching retainers over to hroth and viera, but it didn’t pan out. I made a small profit, but not much. I though I was so smart too. That is my retainer fantasia story.
On Excal they spiked for a while (to about 50, 60k IIRC) after buny bois were announced, not sure how long it lasted and how many actually sold though.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

We're getting lady big cats yeah? I reckon there might be something there.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Dwesa posted:

My two retainers bear my WoL's past looks.

my two retainers do that too because I was using them to preview fantasia changes lol

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've got like 20 of those fuckers floating around, testing on my retainers isn't a bad idea

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Stormblood LP gives thanks for a really high quality zone

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Potsticker posted:

I wouldn't call a post containing roleplaying touching someone without their permission in an infantilizing manner as "cringe" so much as "simulated assault"
what the gently caress is wrong with you

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anyway to drag up godbert chat after its over: its weird that nobody thinks about why a 50 year old japanese guy who lived through japan's lost decade, and his writing staff who are also mostly 40-50 year old japanese people who lived through the lost decade, and the 25-40 year old, mostly american, goons on this site, might have different opinions on 'the government of one country giving your country handouts instead of trying to boost the economy,' what economic independence means, and what businesses and economic policies are and arent sustainable.

like an american has never experienced that sort of economic and social reliance on another country, on a societal level, and the effects it can have on your own culture and economy. which is what the scene is actually about, but for some reason people tie it into individual citizen welfare or homeless people, because that's something sort of like what they're talking about and is something an american can relate to. but they're entirely different. the solutions are different.

granted, even within that framework, godbert is basically saying that giving two dozen homeless guys their own business that they can run as they please and that is guaranteed to employ them all for ten years, is better than giving them each 1000 dollars. which i dont think anyone would disagree with when framed like that. but still, there's an entire layer to this conversation that just straight up never gets mentioned in this thread because nobody is actually interested in it beyond 'thing good/thing bad.'

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

anyway to drag up godbert chat after its over: its weird that nobody thinks about why a 50 year old japanese guy who lived through japan's lost decade, and his writing staff who are also mostly 40-50 year old japanese people who lived through the lost decade, and the 25-40 year old, mostly american, goons on this site, might have different opinions on 'the government of one country giving your country handouts instead of trying to boost the economy,' what economic independence means, and what businesses and economic policies are and arent sustainable.

like an american has never experienced that sort of economic and social reliance on another country, on a societal level, and the effects it can have on your own culture and economy. which is what the scene is actually about, but for some reason people tie it into individual citizen welfare or homeless people, because that's something sort of like what they're talking about and is something an american can relate to. but they're entirely different. the solutions are different.

granted, even within that framework, godbert is basically saying that giving two dozen homeless guys their own business that they can run as they please and that is guaranteed to employ them all for ten years, is better than giving them each 1000 dollars. which i dont think anyone would disagree with when framed like that. but still, there's an entire layer to this conversation that just straight up never gets mentioned in this thread because nobody is actually interested in it beyond 'thing good/thing bad.'

Please explain autocombos through the lens of Japan's Lost Decade.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

using autocombo mods is a lot like yakuza real estate deals: theyre both illegal, but nobody cares

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

xivcombo replacing boring non branching combos is good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i use xivcombo too but also i just use it because im lazy, im gonna be honest

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
i enjoy tapping different buttons instead of the same button repeatedly, but as long as it isn't an in-game feature that people expect me to use to avoid holding the raid back i don't care

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

i enjoy tapping different buttons instead of the same button repeatedly, but as long as it isn't an in-game feature that people expect me to use to avoid holding the raid back i don't care

Yep.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Endorph posted:

i use xivcombo too but also i just use it because im lazy, im gonna be honest
I use it because it’s hilarious seeing Dragoon’s two GCD combos on 2 buttons instead of spread out across 7. Also I don’t play Dragoon much, nor Samurai which is the other main class I wanted the mod for, so on patch days I don’t have to worry about waiting for Dalamud to be reactivated

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

Thank you, a lot of us were missing this context.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

There's another addition I'd like to make on Godbert chat: he tells all that to Nanamo who, while diminished by the syndicate, is a loving head of state. The argument Godbert is using is 100% "if you have the ability to improve someone's circumstances do that instead of just giving money". But good post Endorph.

Trash Ops posted:

xivcombo replacing boring non branching combos is good

I'd use it if I weren't a paranoid scaredy cat.

Not out of fear of SQEX going after me, I ain't a streamer, but because I've had terrible virus anxiety this year. Haven't even installed ACT on my new PC despite using it on the old one.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Yeah, I really like that post. There's a few things in this game that hit different with the English-speaking audience because they lack some level of expected knowledge that the Japanese audience would have, and I'm guessing the lost decade recognition around Ala Mhigo is probably right alongside the Elementals being recognized as essentially classical kami as 'poo poo that went over all our heads'.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Side story set in the Ala Mhigan capital that's a conflict between rival criminal organizations over the last bit of empty land in the city.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I'd use it if I weren't a paranoid scaredy cat.

Not out of fear of SQEX going after me, I ain't a streamer, but because I've had terrible virus anxiety this year. Haven't even installed ACT on my new PC despite using it on the old one.
I mean fwiw all the code for it is just sitting there in public on the git

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Funky Valentine posted:

Side story set in the Ala Mhigan capital that's a conflict between rival criminal organizations over the last bit of empty land in the city.

Thancred would want to be Kiryu so bad

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Funky Valentine posted:

It's a housing plot in Kugane that's always unable to purchase

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shinjobi posted:

Thancred would want to be Kiryu so bad

*sees Yugiri do Ninja stuff*
Thancred: That's rad.

is a thing that literally happens so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That's how every job questline starts too.