Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Orv posted:

I love that most people have adopted the assassination boss strategy of curb stomping a man and basically ignoring the adds until he's dead.

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Orv posted:

I love that most people have adopted the assassination boss strategy of curb stomping a man and basically ignoring the adds until he's dead.

I'd like to see that but every time it gets tried in a pub everyone dies :negative:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fishstick posted:

I feel like its very Fatshark to make those drops on the Repair mission finale juuuuust high enough that you take fall damage if you try to shortcut from them

There's one map where three of us instantly died trying to hop down because we didn't see the broken ramp around and assumed one foot was enough to live

Nope! :v:

Later on we were all afraid to move forward down a similar drop assuming it was the same thing, and that was actually the way to go

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'd like to see that but every time it gets tried in a pub everyone dies :negative:

Usually this happens because some veteran decides hes gonna be a "sniper" and tries shooting the boss instead of getting stuck in. The bosses ranged weapons hurt way more than their melee, and all it takes for him to whip his gun out is someone shooting at em!

Yes im salty about lovely veteran players still

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Orv posted:

This still works on Heresy difficulty too, although you've gotta save some grenades (either one works) to clear off the chaff and to reset if there's too many specials spawning in.

Qmass posted:

100 e-bux shy.... whyyyyyy

If it's any consolation, that Deadly Accurate perk isn't as good as it sounds because it's quite literal: You've gotta roll a crit first and then you get the damage boost.
Edit: I'm also not sure if Falter is that good either, because it'll be harder to line up followup weak spot hits if the target stumbles around.

Exodee fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 25, 2022

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

I do feel that it's going to get overshadowed by the power sword when that unlocks, from what I've seen. It's a neat weapon but for something so iconic I guess I was expecting more.

Everything is overshadowed by the power sword, there is no melee weapon in darktide or even vermintide that is comparable, you charge it up and instantly one shot entire hordes and heavily damage and stagger elites in your unlimited cleave swing arc and watch all the bodies split in half and the only price for this is a less then half a second charge up that will last you for about 3 swings.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 25, 2022

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Some of these Penances are real dumb. I feel like half the time my team is doing something dumb it turns out there's trying to do some idiotic Penance. What terrible game design.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

BombiTheZombie posted:

Usually this happens because some veteran decides hes gonna be a "sniper" and tries shooting the boss instead of getting stuck in. The bosses ranged weapons hurt way more than their melee, and all it takes for him to whip his gun out is someone shooting at em!

Yeah I'm playing veteran currently and I strongly agree with this; The bosses melee attacks are much less dangerous because dodging them is fairly trivial. I've seen the boss wipe a team with grenade launcher (maybe a bolt gun? Surprisingly similar weapons).

I still like to shoot him because if I save my ability for when the shield breaks I can pile on the DPS, but if he's shooting at us and no one else is forcing him into melee I'll be the one to do it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

BombiTheZombie posted:

I am developing a dislike of Zealots who insist on staying at low HP but what're you gonna do I guess.

E: Official word has been given, progress stays.

Orv fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 25, 2022

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Orv posted:

I am developing a dislike of Zealots who insist on staying at low HP but what're you gonna do I guess.

Doesn't help that they gain bonuses for being low health and one of the penances is to maintain low health for 75% of the game. I never enjoyed mechanics like that and I don't engage with it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Jimbot posted:

Doesn't help that they gain bonuses for being low health and one of the penances is to maintain low health for 75% of the game. I never enjoyed mechanics like that and I don't engage with it.
I don't think anyone is doing that specific penance in a pub game. It's... unreasonable such as it stands right now.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, from the vet player side a bit annoyance for me is people asking me to shoot the specials "right loving now" but refusing to keep the basic mobs off me so I can line up a shot.

Hence the bolter, as i can trade "taking a few hits" in exchange for full autoing at the thing that needs to die right now, which is both cool and reasonably effective.

Plus anything stood in the way is no longer in the way, which is cool.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Orv posted:

Time to abandon my family in pursuit of clothing

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

CuddleCryptid posted:

The key is holding on to a medpack until the end and then just dropping it at his feet while you bash his face in. His melee is always a lot more avoidable than his fuckin plasmagun or shotgun, so you always want at least someone in melee range.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

I don't think anyone is doing that specific penance in a pub game. It's... unreasonable such as it stands right now.

Yeah. I wouldn't do that in a pub game at all. I wouldn't even attempt it with friends because I'm just not that good to pull it off. It stinks because I enjoy the zealot quite a bit but that's just one mechanic that I'm not engaging with at all, so it's a waste. I hope whenever subclasses get introduced one of them does away with it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Fishstick posted:

The key is holding on to a medpack until the end and then just dropping it at his feet while you bash his face in. His melee is always a lot more avoidable than his fuckin plasmagun or shotgun, so you always want at least someone in melee range.

It's less of a matter of his attacks and more that the group spawns tend to swarm the back faster than he goes down. I always tell people to do adds then boss because it's the more effective route. Especially on the train boss.

I'm sure better equipped teams can do it but boy is it risky after 30 mins of level lol

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

CuddleCryptid posted:

It's less of a matter of his attacks and more that the group spawns tend to swarm the back faster than he goes down. I always tell people to do adds then boss because it's the more effective route. Especially on the train boss.

I'm sure better equipped teams can do it but boy is it risky after 30 mins of level lol

You can sort of position yourself to get adds at the same time. The key is to swarm him and burst him down. Adds don't matter unless you get like 4 ragers or something, or a flamer etc.

Edit - this is only up to malice, I haven't played anything higher.

Evil Kit posted:

tbf I think if a sniper or multiple disables spawn you need one person at least to break and kill them, probably two. We had double sniper at the start of one fight and just got wiped.

Yeah snipers are one of the few specials that must be dealt with immediately, no exceptions. Fuckers are deadly.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 25, 2022

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Orv posted:

tbf I think if a sniper or multiple disables spawn you need one person at least to break and kill them, probably two. We had double sniper at the start of one fight and just got wiped.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Evil Kit posted:

Yeah it's definitely specials permitting. Sometimes though he dies so quick that the music doesn't even kick in on Malice.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The low hp Zealot stuff straight up doesn't work as a build because of the damage bleeding through toughness when roughness is lower than 90. Not sure why anyone would be running it, other than not knowing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat I fuckin love how the Stubber kicks up dust when you shoot stuff with it so when you've finished off a 120 round mag it really feels like some poo poo went down.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
As a veteran I'll say that sometimes it's quite hard for me to visually see what I'm shooting, or need to be shooting l. So if you see a sniper, ping them. I'd love to shoot snipers but sometimes three pox walkers and some fore are between me and them and I can kind of tell there's one over there, but not so well that my first rounds will be on target.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

explosivo posted:

drat I fuckin love how the Stubber kicks up dust when you shoot stuff with it so when you've finished off a 120 round mag it really feels like some poo poo went down.

I wanted to like the Stubber, but I felt like I didn't have the range to take out Specials that I needed. Maybe I need to try one with different stats.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
After some testing and min/maxing, here is what I'm rolling with for Psyker in difficulty 3+ missions

Tier1: Toughness on kill since I tend to wipe out entire hordes with the voidstrike staff, I also like toughness on quell as a top tier choice for turning your ultimate into a toughness recharge, the third feat is useless due to the delay.

Tier2: Peril resist per warp charge or 5-15% damage based on peril level, both are good, the third feat is useless because soulblaze is weak and the range so short.

Tier3: Psykinetic aura I think is sleeper powerful, class abilities tend to be a get out of jail free card and you want those cards as often as possible for your entire team, 4% chance on kill to get a warp charge is good for maintaining stacks but it does nothing to help your teammates, the third is good on higher difficulties when your brain burst doesn't kill most specials in 1 hit anymore and when multiple bosses per map are more common, but I think the aura will help the team and yourself more, I found myself in rough situations a lot because I couldn't get my ultimate back in time in hectic situations to not overheat.

Tier4:Kinetic shield will help you against the massive swarms of gunners on higher difficulties so you don't melt into a psyker puddle, Alternative top tier option: take Kinetic Deflection with a force sword with the trait that allows you to block bullets WITH YOUR MIND and become a shield Ogyn your Veterans can shoot past, the third trait is useless because you should always be quelling peril faster with your staff instead of your hands due to staff traits (except to 97% for brainburst spam) and you already move at normal speed with your staff.

Tier5:Without the free warp charges in tier 3, you will want the 10% chance to brain burst on any hit just for generating warp charges even if you just burst some poxwalker, the damage is welcome if it procs on a big boy 1 on 1, the third trait is useless because soulblaze is weak.

Tier6:25% faster charge and 50% less peril for brainbursts for 10 seconds gives you a lot more opportunity to pop brains, the other two I feel aren't worth removing your warp charges, quicken would be good for brainbursting if Kinetic barrage wasn't better, Ascendant blaze would be good for some specialized soulblaze build if once again, soulblaze wasn't so weak.

For weapons any of the staffs are great, fireball voidball staff is my current favorite, but chain lightning staff is top tier support for stunning elites and electrocuting anyone wearing armor, flamethrower staff gives up long range like in VT2 (though you got brainburst) but it'll be the best horde clear weapon if they nerf voidstrike, the conflag/explosion staff I haven't tried since the lower levels but I imagine it can scale well with the better stats on higher level staves.
I haven't used any guns on Psyker since I got the staves because why wouldn't I just play veteran instead? there aren't any feats that let you shoot mind-bullets and the 10% chance to headpop feat is on a 15 second cooldown so it won't break the game with a rapid fire lasgun.

Melee I'd go with a force sword mainly for the special moves like push/brainburst/quelling or a dagger for the mobility and great moveset, take whatever you like using but you will probably be camping in your staff the majority of the time.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Internet Explorer posted:

I wanted to like the Stubber, but I felt like I didn't have the range to take out Specials that I needed. Maybe I need to try one with different stats.

You need to feather the trigger, in my experience if it doesn't kill it'll at least suppress the hell out of them and they'll usually get knocked down by it if they catch a stray. Definitely not pinpoint accurate but you can make it work.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Kaddish posted:

Yeah snipers are one of the few specials that must be dealt with immediately, no exceptions. Fuckers are deadly.

If you see the redbeam of a sniper or hear the callout everyone should immediately start dodging into cover out of their sight line and then focus on whatever else you need to take care of until you can peak your cover to spam callout pings to mark it and kill it.

I like snipers as a special enemy in the game so long as they don't spawn and immediately shoot you before you have anything you can react to.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Internet Explorer posted:

The low hp Zealot stuff straight up doesn't work as a build because of the damage bleeding through toughness when roughness is lower than 90. Not sure why anyone would be running it, other than not knowing.

yeah, I think chip damage should not exist for melee oriented classes. It just sucks.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:thunk:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Huh... That's concerning.

Orv
May 4, 2011
New Steam achievements often don't display correctly, I wouldn't worry about it.

Also a good chance that if you crash during the cutscene it doesn't award the achievement or something.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Nah that's just more fatshark lul poo poo

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

steam is displaying the % of users that had that achievement on the day you got it, not the % of users that have it now

:ms:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Posted this earlier, anyone know how exactly this perk works?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I like snipers as a special enemy in the game so long as they don't spawn and immediately shoot you before you have anything you can react to.

Yeah seeing their laser creeping around rules. Them just blasting someone immediately less so.

Recon lasgun is superb vs them due to its lack of recoil and accuracy plus snipers having no armor. Bolters ready time and recoil a bit less.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Broken Cog posted:

Posted this earlier, anyone know how exactly this perk works?

Assuming it works like Pyromancer Sienna in VT2, each chunk of peril (let’s pretend 15%) will give you a buff stack. So you’ll have 2% bonus crit at 15% peril and 10% bonus crit at 75%+, updating dynamically.

One thing that isn’t obvious is that these weapon perks have different quality tiers. So later you might find an orange weapon that grants 3% crit per stack and a red quality weapon with 4% per stack.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

The Emperor Protects (our progress)!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What talent spread are you guys doing on Vet? Im doing 1-1-1-3-3-1. I’m certain the 20% bonus damage from range is pointless but I couldn’t tell if the reload speed buff was being applied for the other one that tier.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I was excited to see an orange voidstrike staff pop up in the contract shop until I realized a lot of its power budget was spent on the bonuses and those bonuses aren't particularly great. My blue has better bars.

So don't sort of blindly slam the buy button on a weapon that is a tier higher without giving it a good look.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Kaddish posted:

I was excited to see an orange voidstrike staff pop up in the contract shop until I realized a lot of its power budget was spent on the bonuses and those bonuses aren't particularly great. My blue has better bars.

Yeah supposedly numbers wise it will be better to upgrade a good white quality weapon all the way up to orange because then the power budget has gone into the pure stats and the upgrading process will have added the perks and blessings without taking away any of that power. Obviously that's only ifor folks who are insanely into the game though, I suspect a regular orange or purple will probably do the job just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

While I've only played Ogryn the whole beta so far, the only thing I want out of a Vet is the grenade back on elite kill % chance. Especially now that the grenade box feat is actually good on top of two grenades. You delete anything that isn't a Crusher (carapace armor :argh: ) and yes that includes Plague Ogryns and BoNs.

Haven't tested it any on 4 or 5 difficulty but the grenades that drop out will kill any chaff in the radius, and you deal about 75% of a PO or BoN with two boxes. They're pretty fantastic.