Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

VIP discount codes stack, but VIP reward codes (the ones that give a physical item) don't.
Those codes from the VIP weekend that give a discount on a specific set count as reward codes rather than discount codes.

Basically, if it goes in the code box in the basket, you can only use one. If it goes in the discount code box after clicking Checkout, you can use multiple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Annnnnnd my second attempt at a GE order from a different Walmart store was cancelled as well

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

Taeke posted:

As much as I love the big prestige sets, lego is consistently awesome with the 3-1 creator sets, especially the smaller ones. Interesting and fun builds for me as an adult, but also tons of playability for the kids.

I can't wait for my nephew to be old enough so I can randomly surprise him with a 10 buck set that'll entertain him for hours on end even with just the primary builds.

31100 is so good, we bought it three times. Gets you a plane, a sports car, and a hot rod. Simple enough that my 2.9 year old can help, and then play with it.

10 bucks, too.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Discounted $5 codes are “sold out” now. That’s some bullshit, Lego.

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Is that discount likely to reset at all over the weekend?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

We ran out of infinite randomly generated codes, sorry

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Are the codes you redeem points for good indefinitely? I never redeem one unless I'm about to use it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I saw this deal last night before it hit all the deal sites. I didn't realize you could get 4 and save them for 2 months. I thought it was one and only good for a couple days so passed on it. Oh well.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
The Galaxy Explorer deal on Walmart is back in stock, I just ordered two (one for my Dad, and one for my Son).

YMMV of course

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Are the codes you redeem points for good indefinitely? I never redeem one unless I'm about to use it.

All codes, both for discounts and items added to orders are valid for 60 days. If one expires you can usually get the points refunded though, nobody on customer service is going to say no to that unless they have a very good reason.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

The_Doctor posted:

We ran out of infinite randomly generated codes, sorry

It's a 13 character alphanumeric code, so maybe they issued 170 quintillion of them?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I wish I knew about the pirate ride and then I wouldn't have gotten the dragon ride

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

They probably had a preset budget for this as a marketing promotion. Or maybe their site could only make 999 of anything.

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Saw someone elsewhere say they were good for 60 days. (Oh someone already answered, whoops)

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

HootTheOwl posted:

I wish I knew about the pirate ride and then I wouldn't have gotten the dragon ride

I ordered something small just to get it. Already had the dragon one too, but I couldn't pass up that pirate one. Used a $5 off code so it was basically free shipping anyway.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Anybody know why slopes have a texture on one face?
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3299&idColor=1#T=S&C=1&O={%22color%22:1,%22iconly%22:0}
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=60477&name=Slope%2018%204%20x%201&category=%5BSlope%5D#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}

Also cheese slopes don't have texture... :confused:
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=85984&idColor=1#T=S&C=1&O={%22color%22:1,%22iconly%22:0}

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
I've wondered that myself actually. This is pure speculation, but most of the regular slope parts were introduced in the 70s and were most often used as roofs back then, so I wonder if the texture was meant to imply roof tiling?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Doesn't Lego dot com call them "roof tile"s but the smoother ones are called "slopes"?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

For those interested, for a few more hours Lightaling has their 40% off Black Friday sale on light kits: https://www.lightailing.com/

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

HootTheOwl posted:

Doesn't Lego dot com call them "roof tile"s but the smoother ones are called "slopes"?

I think you're right, but the upward slanting pieces are also textured.
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=4287#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}

The mystery deepens...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I forget which one it is, but there's variants of the 2x2x2 or 2x2x3 that are smooth and not textured. I have no insight for lego's reasoning though, just felt like throwing that wrench into things.

I would agree that all the 45 degree slopes are textured because they were originally roof pieces. I'd guess the inverted slopes got texture just to remain consistent. But now that SNOT is super popular I'd guess that's why untextured stuff has become common.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Made a couple A-Wings but still way to big to scale to the Hammerhead

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Rad.

I've done some color swaps like that. It's fun to imagine Orange Squadron, and why they weren't at the Battle of Yavin 4.

They were on a secret recon mission deep into hostile territory as ordered by Admiral Ackbar himself. They recovered secret data tapes, destroyed the imperial weapons depot and made it out in 18 parsecs.That's just some poo poo I made up.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hooooooly poo poo my bin is getting thin, took me so long to find jumpers. I never recycle pieces from old builds. Every build I post is just what I have on hand, and it’s getting hard

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

deoju posted:

Rad.

I've done some color swaps like that. It's fun to imagine Orange Squadron, and why they weren't at the Battle of Yavin 4.

They were on a secret recon mission deep into hostile territory as ordered by Admiral Ackbar himself. They recovered secret data tapes, destroyed the imperial weapons depot and made it out in 18 parsecs.That's just some poo poo I made up.

Just post

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 26, 2022

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

a sexual elk posted:

Feeling antagonistic, might edit later

Lol, no one cares.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 26, 2022

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Lol, no one cares.

Let’s talk about how VIP points work for next 3 pages

Sorry that was mean, just wish there was more builders posting what they made

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Nov 26, 2022

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

a sexual elk posted:

Sorry that was mean, just wish there was more builders posting what they made

Earlier I posted some renders of something I was planning to build in the hope of soliciting feedback and you posted something snarky and dismissive rather than say nothing or actually engage with it. You edited it to something less impolite but not before I'd seen it.

Maybe get over yourself?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Earlier I posted some renders of something I was planning to build in the hope of soliciting feedback and you posted something snarky and dismissive rather than say nothing or actually engage with it. You edited it to something less impolite but not before I'd seen it.

Maybe get over yourself?

I apologize, and I hope I didn’t make you doubt whatever you were working on, I am sorry

But you’re right, I have issues with the thread so I’m going to take a time out from it

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 26, 2022

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Thank you for the apology.

I'm really happy with how it turned out!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Thank you for the apology.

I'm really happy with how it turned out!

Post it!

Holy poo poo I want to see builds in this thread!

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 26, 2022

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

From earlier in the thread.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

deoju posted:

I think you're right, but the upward slanting pieces are also textured.
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=4287#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}

The mystery deepens...

Right, and they're called inverted roof tiles?

Idk, brick link and Lego don't use the same words for anything and it annoys me when I'm trying to color match

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

HootTheOwl posted:

Right, and they're called inverted roof tiles?

Idk, brick link and Lego don't use the same words for anything and it annoys me when I'm trying to color match
That's because LEGO operates internally with numeric IDs and the text descriptions are a complete afterthought, while Bricklink tries to establish consistent and searchable descriptive terminology and categorization. That's why AFOLs almost exclusively use the Bricklink names to describe things.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
If stud.io has taught me anything it's that your need to always work on an angle to prevent awful snapping.
If it's two things. Two things stud.io taught me it's their names are almost always worse

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

HootTheOwl posted:

If stud.io has taught me anything it's that your need to always work on an angle to prevent awful snapping.
If it's two things. Two things stud.io taught me it's their names are almost always worse

I'm probably crazy but it seems to me that the snapping in Studio has become significantly more erratic at some point in the recent versions. Like totally ignoring z-index sometimes. Also why can I still not paste parts into the step I'm working in?

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Might have to post some builds soon. I don’t have a good photography situation but I’m mostly happy with what I’ve made. Most of it is in storage so will take some sprucing up.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

So I'm not looking to actually take offers yet, but I went through ONE of three bins at my parent's house today and wondered if there might be some interest in the thread. Sorry for the lighting but plastic bags and bright overhead lighting didn't mix well with my phone.

https://imgur.com/a/7YkIyAn

I'll get to a full set list at some point, but I need to check with my brother as to what he wants to do now that he's got a house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

EEKA GEEK posted:

Might have to post some builds soon. I don’t have a good photography situation but I’m mostly happy with what I’ve made. Most of it is in storage so will take some sprucing up.

A cellphone with a bright lamp nearby is plenty. Maybe if you really wanna show off get a sheet of posterboard or equivalent so you can have a seamless background.