Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Can’t speak to areas outside this forum but TRP has been openly critical of Qatar’s treatment of migrant workers for at least 5 years, if not longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Al-Saqr posted:

congrats guys now you can go back to ignoring the piles of dead laborers and corrupt government contracts worth trillions and deals going on now that your easy outrage consumption needs are fulfilled.

Are the "guys who are ignoring the piles of dead laborers and corrupt government contracts worth trillions and deals going on now" in here in the room with us now?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

vyelkin posted:

here in the thread for talking about dead labourers and corrupt government contracts we love to ignore dead labourers and corrupt government contracts

This is the first I'm hearing of this?!? I'm pretty sure there wasn't a long-running, multi-year ongoing thread about FIFA's corruption for this and every World Cup so I'm glad this poster is bringing it to our attention.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Reminder that there was so little corruption at FIFA that the FIFA corruption investigation team uncovered zero evidence of corruption and then disbanded itself

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The corruption is coming from inside the committee :ohdear:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Maybe it's those accusing about corruption that are corrupt :thunk:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I personally get a sense people are triangulating on peoples' posts in other subforums and razzing them for unrelated things and it kinda sucks.

There absolutely are people who are saying "ah, now I can enjoy the World Cup, unfettered by guilt"

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

TheRat posted:

Maybe it's those accusing about corruption that are corrupt :thunk:

Hello mr infantino your perma has been queued

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I feel like permabanned poster migrantstomper58...

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

I feel like permabanned poster migrantstomper58...

Watching the fifa World Cup Qatar 2022 has given me prodromal schizophrenia

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

purestrain oil

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

EEKA GEEK posted:

I personally get a sense people are triangulating on peoples' posts in other subforums and razzing them for unrelated things and it kinda sucks.

I personally get a sense people are less charitable to a poster who made it obnoxiously clear where they stand on a contentious issue that the thread doesn't cover, making the thread about themselves briefly, but hey maybe everyone is hitting up post history instead who knows

Qatar bad(?)

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

They're definitely bad at football, that's for sure

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Hello mr infantino your perma has been queued

Today I'm feeling banned

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

KazigluBey posted:

I personally get a sense people are less charitable to a poster who made it obnoxiously clear where they stand on a contentious issue that the thread doesn't cover, making the thread about themselves briefly, but hey maybe everyone is hitting up post history instead who knows

Qatar bad(?)

I don't know what issue you're referring to but thank you for proving my point, that's the place to confront them

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
My uncle’s neighbour knows Infantino’s butler and I’ve been told he’s a good lad who means well. Apparently there aren’t many dead migrant workers either and I felt pretty silly when I heard that from a proper source and not the MSM.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Rarity posted:

The corruption is coming from inside the committee :ohdear:

What committee?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

congrats guys now you can go back to ignoring the piles of dead laborers and corrupt government contracts worth trillions and deals going on now that your easy outrage consumption needs are fulfilled.

cope

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Xabi posted:

My uncle’s neighbour knows Infantino’s butler and I’ve been told he’s a good lad who means well. Apparently there aren’t many dead migrant workers either and I felt pretty silly when I heard that from a proper source and not the MSM.

sorry to be the one to tell you this but MSM are banned from Qatar

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

vyelkin posted:

:laugh:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

vyelkin posted:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

vyelkin posted:

lmao

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

vyelkin posted:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Can’t speak to areas outside this forum but TRP has been openly critical of Qatar’s treatment of migrant workers for at least 5 years, if not longer

It was a talking point in here in 2010 when they first got awarded the competition

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok maybe Qatar's not all bad

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's anti English discrimination

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Good.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
As someone else mentioned earlier, rowdy fans and pointy objects (even toy swords) are never a good combo.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Big brain Ingurland fans wearing chain mail in the hot rear end desert

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Jfc the crusades invaded and murdered these people's ancestors you nonces

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

stab posted:

prince harry sweating profusely while they announce Israel 2034

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
how dare you my grandfather died in the crusades
he fell off the tower of david etc

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

stab posted:

I wouldn't be shocked that they have no idea tbh. A massive amount of Brits have no idea about Churchills dodgey history outside of WW2.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i only have one source for what the crusades were like and my opinion is it’s cool to get the Crusader trait but more often than not you lose too many men and some neighbouring rear end in a top hat will take advantage of it

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

jesus WEP posted:

i only have one source for what the crusades were like and my opinion is it’s cool to get the Crusader trait but more often than not you lose too many men and some neighbouring rear end in a top hat will take advantage of it

spent hours grinding spellbinders and never got it to drop

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

jesus WEP posted:

Yeah getting the zealous trait is Op but the negative traits to heretics causes your realm to splinter way too loving fast

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

a lot of assumptions they're dressed as crusaders and not Saint George

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Rahu posted:

Qatar will now allow rainbows at all games going forward.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/fifa-promises-rainbow-colours-allowed-135607897.html

Good thing we can be sure this won't be changed again arbitrarily and with no prior notice.

https://twitter.com/Natpirks/status/1596162049754951680?s=20&t=MwFPSbaVFqOzleene1eXYw

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

a lot of assumptions they're dressed as crusaders and not Saint George

Based on the video of the incident I'm going to guess they don't know the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

stab posted:

:actually: i don't think qatar was involved in the crusades. it was mostly euros vs turks and some egyptian fatimids