Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Okay first you guys are crying about too many grey tones and now you now you don't like the shark house? Make up your mind!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

shark tones

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Maybe they have a six year old who really likes sharks??

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Salt Fish posted:

Okay first you guys are crying about too many grey tones and now you now you don't like the shark house? Make up your mind!!

yeah shark house rules

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

where is Waldo?

(on the streets because evicted :( )

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://www.post-gazette.com/life/Buying-Here/2022/11/25/buying-here-westerman-house-4th-st-oakmont/stories/202211270014

quote:

Buying Here: 1850 Oakmont farmhouse was moved twice, priced at $565,000

I thought prices were supposed to go down now that interest rates are up

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

non-house havers stop downvoting my thread

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

not in (one) voted 5

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Any time I vote in a thread it’s cause my phone screen misunderstood where I was tapping. The vote and the back to main button are too close

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

lol renters being mad at homeowner chat is probably one of the better reasons for a thread being downvoted

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I have a condo, voted 3.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

can I have one ?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i made this thread because ephronius said it would be a good idea, and to further post about number

WHERE ARE YOU EPHRONIUS???

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

shrike82 posted:

i still remember being a fresh grad over a decade ago, looking at starter apartments at 300-400 grand and feeling that'd be a big chunk of my lifetime income

my partner and i are budgeting something in 2-3 million range for the next place

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I read the posts

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Why debate the merits of renting vs owning when you can do both at the same time (it's bleeding me dry)

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
i just want a fuckin garage to jack off in and a small yard to jack off in and a small attic to jack off in. why is that too much to ask for under 550k joe biddn

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my roommate-landlord held a giant 30-person dinner here Tuesday then hosed off, I've been cleaning up for three days

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Proper roommate response is to dump all that stuff in their bedroom and have a big fight when they get back, both feeling entirely smugly justified for your own behavior.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

i say swears online posted:

my roommate-landlord held a giant 30-person dinner here Tuesday then hosed off, I've been cleaning up for three days

Your wife isn't your maid

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

Your wife isn't your maid

yeah I'm thinking about itemizing the cleaning and the work I did on the garbage disposal just now off the rent

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

euphronius posted:

I read the posts

thk u please also like comment and subscribe

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2427-E-Lake-Of-The-Isles-Pkwy-Minneapolis-MN-55405/2062941382_zpid/?mmlb=g%2C7

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Yes, I do all my shopping at Pier One Imports and Restoration Hardware. How’s you know?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
does the hone come with a powdered wig

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

that's supposed to be a bloodborne ref btw

that table has definitely been used for bloodletting

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Ammanas posted:

i just want a fuckin garage to jack off in and a small yard to jack off in and a small attic to jack off in. why is that too much to ask for under 550k joe biddn

the pre ww2 homes in the rust belt call to you

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

actionjackson posted:

that's supposed to be a bloodborne ref btw

that table has definitely been used for bloodletting

Explaining the jokes is probably why this thread keeps getting 1s.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

cringe

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i say swears online posted:

when I had a roommate landlord, he had the decency to pay for a cleaner to come every two weeks.

he was also on vacation a lot. the house was owned by he and two friends who were married (probably a polycule) and when the couple got divorced they decided to sell the house. my guy couldn’t afford to buy out the rest so he and I were thrown out and the house was put on the market.

he probably could have afforded to buy it out if he hadn’t been spending thousands of dollars a month on luxury dog food and going on trips to Hawaii every month, too. lovely house and my favorite housemate.

e: also he paid money to go to Esalen twice when I was there https://www.esalen.org

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 04:51 on Nov 28, 2022

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

when I had a roommate landlord, he had the decency to pay for a cleaner to come twice weekly.

he was also on vacation a lot. the house was owned by he and two friends who were married (probably a polycule) and when the couple got divorced they decided to sell the house. my guy couldn’t afford to buy out the rest so he and I were thrown out and the house was put on the market.

he probably could have afforded to buy it out if he hadn’t been spending thousands of dollars a month on luxury dog food and going on trips to Hawaii every month, too. lovely house and my favorite housemate.

Who can resist that pure joy of flying to hawaii to feast on luxury dog food?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Who can resist that pure joy of flying to hawaii to feast on luxury dog food?

imagine what happens to the economy if people aren't bad at money

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

e: also he paid money to go to Esalen twice when I was there https://www.esalen.org

is that where Don Draper comes up with the Coca Cola commercial at the end of Mad Men?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Spergin Morlock posted:

is that where Don Draper comes up with the Coca Cola commercial at the end of Mad Men?

yes

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Palladium posted:

imagine what happens to the economy if people aren't bad at money

It is really funny (and depressing) how much poo poo is propped up by keeping people’s understanding of personal finance as low as possible

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

these ‘my bedside table’ jokes are getting out of hand

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

https://twitter.com/zillowgonewild/status/1597651889025273856

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Those brick tree rings are far too small.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

nyt lol but I thought the house size segment was interesting, as someone that loves small spaces

also you have tons of older people stuck in these oversized homes and they just can't take care of them

i'm glad my city (minneapolis) got rid of single family zoning, though I don't know if it will have much effect, as it doesn't actually require you to build something different

https://archive.ph/uyp80

quote:

In many ways, the nation’s housing stock has grown out of sync with these shifting demographics. Many solo adults live in homes with at least three bedrooms, census data shows, but find that downsizing is not easy because of a shortage of smaller homes in their towns and neighborhoods.

Living solo in homes with three or more bedrooms sounds like a luxury but, experts said, it is a trend driven less by personal choice than by the nation’s limited housing supply. Because of zoning and construction limitations in many cities and towns, there is a nationwide shortage of homes below 1,400 square feet, which has driven up the cost of the smaller units that do exist, according to research from Freddie Mac.

Forty years ago, units of less than 1,400 square feet made up about 40 percent of all new home construction; today, just 7 percent of new builds are smaller homes, despite the fact that the number of single-person households has surged. This has made it more difficult for older Americans to downsize, as a large, aging house can often command less than what a single adult needs to establish a new, smaller home and pay for their living and health care expenses in retirement.

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 20:49 on Nov 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Minimum lot sizes + habitable square footages + mandatory setbacks are a huge part of why anyone under 40 can't afford a place of their own anymore.