Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

That is the mother of all unmotivated duffel drops

Showbiz has him there. Roast Beef keeps the Frenchie fart-water around for his bitch.

Yeah, if you want to make a million bucks, *teach* people how to rob a bank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

heheheee

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Oh, she's just a big old softie. With a big loving cleaver.

What's with this smug child? I think they were in the other chapter with the slime and Killer Maria as well.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Goddamnit, I chortled.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

08 - 06 - People Person

08 - 07 - Gloop

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 13:37 on Nov 28, 2022

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Emil is very relatable

A cunning business plan

A good decision

And that’s the end of SSSS! A bit underwhelming in the end, but it had some really cool ideas and great moments throughout. The final news post actually accompanied a comic from a couple posts back but I only noticed it now. Here’s a somewhat curated version of it, which may answer some questions:

Minna Sundberg posted:

- Adventure 2 of SSSS will end on an open ending, just like adventure 1 did. I always wrote SSSS to be without a definite goal or end, as something I could feasibly quit at certain intervals if I go bored, or just keep doing indefinitely (hence leaving open plot points and such). I don't have any knowledge what adventure 3 would have been other than it being set in either Norway, Sweden or both. This year would have been the time to plan out the next plot points, but after my conversion (a little over a year ago now) I knew I would move on from SSSS, so I haven't planned anything more story-wise.

Feel free to imagine whatever future adventures you want for the gang, and resolutions to open plot threads, those of you who enjoy doing such things.

- For those of you who wanted to come with me on my Christian artist journey: my new comics hub will be my personal projects website -over here-. I have some info about my current comic ideas/plans linked over there, and it's where I'll post the future comics to be read when they're ready. I'll probably set up some new social media pages eventually.

- For those of you who were crossing fingers that those future projects would be something Narnia- or LoTR-esque, where you can't really tell it's a Christian story without being told: bad news, it won't be like that. I'm not saying I'll never do something like that (I might have 40 years of comic-making still ahead of me after all!) but it's not what I'm passionate about right now. I love theology, and it's what i want to explore more through my works, and not in a buried way.

- I'll keep doing the weekly drawing livestreams on twitch, so if you enjoy hanging out in those don't worry, they'll continue.

- Personally I'm still doing well, even though ending this comic that has been my life purpose for almost 10 years, and making such a career-switch is a bit stressful. As I mentioned a couple months ago I finally grew the courage to get baptized and become a member of a Christian congregation (one that turned out be be just right for me), so I have great emotional support through all this. (Also I'm trying to learn to be more social and not a jerk in real life, heh)

- Well, can't think of anything else right now. If something more comes up news-wise I'll write it in the future blog posts. Enjoy the rest of the epilogue.

That’s it. I guess it’s all Christian comics from here on out for Minna.
As for me, I’ll take things in the exact opposite direction by posting Kill Six Billion Demons next

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Kit Walker posted:

As for me, I’ll take things in the exact opposite direction by posting Kill Six Billion Demons next
Oh, perfect. I had heard that one was reaching the end so I was planning on reading it, someone did start posting it in that one old comic thread that got nuked and it seemed quite interesting, but I didn't continue on my own after that. I was kinda planning on doing so eventually when it was over but reading it here will be even better.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I really liked SSSS and I would be happy if there was more of it but I'm glad the author ended it instead of turning it into a Christian webcomic.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I hope being a Christian works for her, we all deserve something to believe in.
Pity the comic will probably never continue.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Phthisis posted:

happy, uh, late thanksgiving

and some others

flap flap flap flap flap flap flap flap

thx for posting these btw, i got a lotta chuckles

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

it was a good comic. religion is what it is, i dont get it but whatever some people do :sunglasses:

please do post demons, i would like that

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
someone's already posting Demon and that is more than sufficient, we do not need 5,999,999,999 more

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

the holy poopacy posted:

someone's already posting Demon and that is more than sufficient, we do not need 5,999,999,999 more

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh, Six Billion Demons is finally winding down? I binged through it in (I think) 2019, then decided not to try to keep up with it until it was at least close to finishing up so I wouldn't have to deal with its update schedule for who knows how many years.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

I was wondering if I could collect anonymous feedback, that way I can't write like a million words about it, and dominate the thread or have people be like "I don't want people yelling at me for not liking thing."

If you read my comic, or you fell off, or if you just want to help me get better at writing, can you tell me what you think in general?

https://forms.gle/EGCKcwJ6hRtwAo5R8

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

By popular demand posted:

I hope being a Christian works for her, we all deserve something to believe in.
Pity the comic will probably never continue.

Sadly she went off the deep end and ended up in some end of days kinda group

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I loved SSSS, thanks for posting it!

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

LAST TIME ON BACK

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Beans really are magical :aaa:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:same:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

a creator cameo spotted

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Kennel posted:

a creator cameo spotted

Ronnie??

...oh

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kit Walker posted:

And that’s the end of SSSS!

Thank you for posting! I tried SSSS a few years ago but never got far. I really liked it this time and enjoyed reading along :)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Next panel is definitely going to be a big Buster Keaton reference.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Thunderbeast realizes he missed another summary in the last update! Joost kicks up at the incoming sword and uses his feet to send heroin through the blade and into Ford's body! As Ford's arm falls off, Joost takes advantage of the distraction to break free of the hair and deliver a heroin-infused punch rush straight to Ford's face and body!

Read right to left:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wait so SSSS really was about them just wandering around killing beasts? Or rather picking fights with them and then running away? I was kind of hoping it was building up towards something...

Maybe I missed a stretch of the comic but I'm scratching my head a little.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 20:29 on Nov 26, 2022

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
If you go to her website one of the first things, she tells you is that she has heard the internal alarm bells rung by the lord about the dangers of a societal credit system. And that she can't recommend Stand Still Stay Silent because it was made before she was saved.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
SSSS was a very cool comic, thanks for posting it! But yeah I'm with CJacobs here lol

CJacobs posted:

Wait so SSSS really was about them just wandering around killing beasts? Or rather picking fights with them and then running away? I was kind of hoping it was building up towards something...

Maybe I missed a stretch of the comic but I'm scratching my head a little.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
SSSS could have really done with a co-writer or editor to help out. The art is beautiful but the story varies wildly and ultimately feels like wasted potential.

And now the artist will probably never make anything of value ever again

oh well

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

The first adventure was a research expedition into the infected zones. The second adventure was the gang going after Onni who had headed out to save his grandmother's soul from the Kade.

Dealing with infected beasts that existed in those places was just a necessity.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Boba Pearl posted:

If you go to her website one of the first things, she tells you is that she has heard the internal alarm bells rung by the lord about the dangers of a societal credit system. And that she can't recommend Stand Still Stay Silent because it was made before she was saved.

Yes I agree that was a good episode of Black Mirror, but that isn't how the world is likely to work anytime soon.
It takes a special kind of stuffing your head into your own rear end in a top hat to miss all the burning fires EVERYWHERE and consider social credit to be the harbinger of doom.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

By popular demand posted:

Yes I agree that was a good episode of Black Mirror, but that isn't how the world is likely to work anytime soon.
It takes a special kind of stuffing your head into your own rear end in a top hat to miss all the burning fires EVERYWHERE and consider social credit to be the harbinger of doom.

I've read a lot of her new stuff to see if there was anything worth taking from it, and other then the art there really isn't, she's gone completely off the deep end.

Koburn posted:

SSSS could have really done with a co-writer or editor to help out. The art is beautiful but the story varies wildly and ultimately feels like wasted potential.

And now the artist will probably never make anything of value ever again

oh well

Co-writers, editors, beta readers, all that poo poo is hard as gently caress to find. Well unless you have money, but for the average person it's just hard to get feedback on stuff.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They started making fearmongering comics about social credit scores wherein you lose points for reading the Bible? That really happens in the bunny one. Noooo they have such artistic talent :(

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Martian posted:

Thank you for posting! I tried SSSS a few years ago but never got far. I really liked it this time and enjoyed reading along :)
same

the reading in batches along with everyone has gotten me through a whole bunch of comics i never would have on my own

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

CJacobs posted:

They started making fearmongering comics about social credit scores wherein you lose points for reading the Bible? That really happens in the bunny one. Noooo they have such artistic talent :(
Yeah the whole thing was posted in the other thread and it's very.. it's very.

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

it sucks because she is extremely talented. i wish i had even a fraction of her mastery of colour for example. buuuuut well, she found the lord i guess :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Mendigo posted:

it sucks because she is extremely talented. i wish i had even a fraction of her mastery of colour for example. buuuuut well, she found the lord i guess :(

if i've understood correctly, her dad's cult found her