Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Frank Frank posted:

He actually does have a legion of sycophantic fanboys though bots aside

The thing is: on Twitter, a thousand people saying something feels like a huge cultural force. There are a lot of them, but it's nowhere near as many as it feels like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

elon: i like sensible centrists

also elon, in a reply to that tweet:
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1596322719372480513?s=20

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Ror posted:

Centrism means wanting to legislate trans, gay, and the rest of LGBTQ folks out of public existence.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ror posted:

lol he is Big Time Mad that Trump won't tweet

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

A free speech centrist who **checks notes** makes actual in person speach illegal if it is gay.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

kazil posted:

Actually, he's not mad about it. He let the newspapers know and everything.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

kazil posted:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Actually, he's not mad about it. He let the newspapers know and everything.

Exactly

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wonder how Musk feels about Kanye 2024

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
His twitter cult can be split into two or three main ones.
And the biggest probably is the 'I have invested all my life savings into bitcoin and Elon will make me an instant millionaire if I like him enough'.

If you search 'elon bitcoin' on Twitter you will find loads of them, mostly lying (to themselves) that Elon will buy butts soon, or telling him what to do outright like buy FTX.

The best ones are the click bait 'I can read Elon's mind and hes going to do this' pretend news site ones. Like how hes definitely making a phone, and will used Doge coin for calls.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
All of this because Grimes left him for Chelsea Manning. It’d be funny if it hadn’t ruined thousands of people’s lives.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Frank Frank posted:

All of this because Grimes left him for Chelsea Manning. It’d be funny if it hadn’t ruined thousands of people’s lives.

So Grimes's suffering was enabling the rest of us to live contentedly. Is this why I'm seeing a bunch of Omelas references making the rounds?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

CumBlast Radius Jr posted:

Oh, there's none.

Cool.

Can we admit this sucks yet?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Cool.

Can we admit this sucks yet?

That’s Greg of Doom’s umpteenth rereg. He does indeed suck.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Decon posted:

Centrism means wanting to legislate trans, gay, and the rest of LGBTQ folks out of public existence.

He is burning this all down because Grimes wouldn't put up with his man baby poo poo and left him for Chelsea Manning.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/mountain_goats/status/1596541016588394496?s=46&t=Fb44F0L9lA20bo9KtqrMWg

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Demon Of The Fall posted:

lol something like 70% of his followers are probably bots, maybe more. He’s huffing his own farts with how popular and important he thinks he is

It's more insidious than that. The like 70% or more followers that are actually bots can be used to manufacture consent, letting him manipulate the stock market, crypto, obtain false reassurances to government types for funding or whatever scheme he's cooked up on any given week to trick and grift his way to get all that money he has. It's part of why the SEC hates his loving guts and wishes he'd just gently caress off to Mars forever.

It's also why the bots never back down and outright go out of their way to harass others. Image representation of the type he uses to his own advantage is partially dependent on suppressing dissenting opinion when it comes to making money. Dude is basically the fintech grifter version of Trump's fake real estate grifter (whom actually just trades on his name to rig investments in his favor) gig.

It's also why I suspect that at least some of the bots are (or at one point were) probably being paid by some sort of advertising agency, since there's no way a dirt bag like Musk could resist picking up one of the bot agencies (which sadly do exist. It's a micro industry all to itself.) to bolster his rep to make more money off of ignorant rubes. Ditto for even getting the level of blind faith he currently has in the first place. Trump did the same thing to start his political career on and aside from that nowadays it's a time honored trick of the trade for grifters or influencers to finance organized groups of confidence men to sell their products.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 26, 2022

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Ror posted:

gently caress this absolute piece of poo poo.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Catastrophe posted:

gently caress this absolute piece of poo poo.

Dude is rear end mad that his latest wife left him for a trans woman, and his trans daughter won't talk to him for being a repugnant human being. So now he's going to vote for and try to get into office the psychopathic thug that would try and take their rights away. Just an utter garbage dump of a human being.

Heck, even his first ex wife says he's misogynistic scum and a creep besides (the story about him whispering the words "I'm the alpha male of this relationship." into her ear while they were dancing on their wedding night comes to mind) and has some pretty nasty stories to tell of how he acted while they were married.

The guy's always been a sham of a decent human being, and a bigoted rear end besides.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 26, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Also, in addition to what it was said about metric changes for advertisers another reason not everyone has left is there are genuinely a lot of absolutely into it people at high levels in American businesses who will make insane decisions.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Barudak posted:

Also, in addition to what it was said about metric changes for advertisers another reason not everyone has left is there are genuinely a lot of absolutely into it people at high levels in American businesses who will make insane decisions.

The most advertisements I've seen over these last few weeks are from Merrill Lynch, which definitely gives me confidence in their guidance

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

i got one for Palantir lol. Getting those Thielbucks early.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

All these people chose to marry Elon loving Musk, the most sympathetic possible interpretation is that they're utterly spineless. More likely they're just fine with him being an evil bastard until the leopard shockingly chows down on their faces too.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Strategic Tea posted:

All these people chose to marry Elon loving Musk, the most sympathetic possible interpretation is that they're utterly spineless. More likely they're just fine with him being an evil bastard until the leopard shockingly chows down on their faces too.

Money. It’s just money

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Lol y’all are really going to hate it when the mainstream media will start to try and gaslight everybody into thinking DeSantis is a centrist.

I wouldn’t think they’d pull it off a couple weeks ago, but now with literal fascists consolidating the distribution of information?

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 26, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao that pedo guy’s tweet history is pretty amazing. Genuinely surprised that UT Austin let’s him retain his fellowship posting poo poo like that. Yes, it’s Texas but Austin…?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

Will the phone be able to briefly serve as a boat?

thrust via tweet submission

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

That’s Greg of Doom’s umpteenth rereg. He does indeed suck.
..What? Not what I was talking about.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

So will he make his own carrier network too? Hell why not make your own internet? :shepface:

Starlink?

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://mobile.twitter.com/caraesten/status/1596193166419406848

Bonus round:

https://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2022/11/ceo-musk-catches-blame-for-plummeting-interest-in-tesla-products/

TLDR Tesla consumer interest may be “plummeting”

Hardcastlemccormik fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 26, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Automata 10 Pack posted:

..What? Not what I was talking about.

My point stands

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

*holding a skateboard over the shoulder while wearing a pilgrim hat*

“How do you do, fellow Thanksgiving cuisine enthusiasts?”

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Twitter phone: half the functionality for 3x the cost and you have to wear it on your belt or else father Elon will become enraged and steal your soul

Given that it won't have an established app store on it (even if it's android based, google wouldn't allow theirs on an ElonPhone that exists to circumvent a twitter ban), half the functionality is extremely generous.

gently caress, even the Fire phone had a basic app store already established before it launched thanks to the fire tablet.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

TLDR Tesla consumer interest may be “plummeting”

Today a bunch of morons are doing their Saturday ritual of taking their $70k Teslas to the carwash, then bucketing 10 gallons of water out of it, and suddenly the Twitter debacle makes it click that this car is a piece of poo poo

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

MikeJF posted:

Given that it won't have an established app store on it (even if it's android based, google wouldn't allow theirs on an ElonPhone that exists to circumvent a twitter ban), half the functionality is extremely generous.

gently caress, even the Fire phone had a basic app store already established before it launched thanks to the fire tablet.

That's the beauty of it! The entire phone will be centered around Twitter. No other apps needed!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

vaginite posted:

Today a bunch of morons are doing their Saturday ritual of taking their $70k Teslas to the carwash, then bucketing 10 gallons of water out of it, and suddenly the Twitter debacle makes it click that this car is a piece of poo poo

How else are you supposed to clean your trunk?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1596427779587080195?s=20

???

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Everything is about Elon musk all of the time. Please pay attention to him

kazil
Jul 24, 2005