Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

People are still unintentionally creating incredible content about the chili thing

https://twitter.com/punished_cait/status/1596301070518865920?t=mC1AnS2VR5nxFRqwd_glHg&s=19

Like, to be extra clear, this is a take about a person who made chili for her neighbors as a nice surprise. They liked it, but the internet did not (most of the takes were that it was ableist, but apparently it was incestuous too somehow!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Yeah the chilli thing is a 4chan op at this point in pretty sure

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Disagreeing with me is child abuse as I am a smol bean with anxious attachment and IBS

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

tokin opposition posted:

Disagreeing with me is child abuse as I am a smol bean with anxious attachment and IBS

Criticizing my IT support job at the child pulping mills is ableist

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Before all this this same gaggle of people had doxxed her and kept messaging her about how they were going to kill and eat her pet pig. There's some ringleader of it all, it's all very deeply stupid and hosed up. It's not 4chan I think it's some account named Jai, I couldn't tell you more.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Epic High Five posted:

Before all this this same gaggle of people had doxxed her and kept messaging her about how they were going to kill and eat her pet pig. There's some ringleader of it all, it's all very deeply stupid and hosed up. It's not 4chan I think it's some account named Jai, I couldn't tell you more.

Jai the ringleader is like 40 years old and has extreme slashie/tiny brontosaurus energy, ostensibly anti-racist/anti-misogynist but somehow always ends up going after people in those groups, almost like its just hosed up power dynamics!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The fact that the neighbors liked the chili and people got mad anyway is the most flabbergasting part imo

Like it's the embodiment of the "myth of consensual sex" meme

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I know its been posted a hundred times but the idea groups of people could find reasons to be bothered by a neighbor delivering them food is hard to wrap my head around.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I know its been posted a hundred times but the idea groups of people could find reasons to be bothered by a neighbor delivering them food is hard to wrap my head around.

One of them is "what if they didn't have bowls and they were embarrassed about not owning any bowls"

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
If i didnt own a bowl I would imagine I loving NEED some delivered chilli

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

loquacius posted:

The fact that the neighbors liked the chili and people got mad anyway is the most flabbergasting part imo

Like it's the embodiment of the "myth of consensual sex" meme

it really is, it's just bananas

loquacius posted:

One of them is "what if they didn't have bowls and they were embarrassed about not owning any bowls"

this one was my favorite

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Question #1: doing a nice thing for your neighbours is
a) ableist
b) classist
c) racist
d) misogynist/misandrist
e) all of the above

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

this chili is taking work away from pizza restaurants and is therefore anti-labor

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

it really is, it's just bananas

this one was my favorite

Trying to imagine the level of manchild/womanchild necessary to (a) not own bowls, (b) blame your disability for your not owning bowls, (c) use the fact that you blame your disability as justification for not owning bowls, (d) use that justification to get publicly mad that a person you don't know gave chili to people who do own bowls, and (e) maintain this anger for so long at such intensity that at least one major publication covers it and someone gets driven off of Twitter because they made chili

Like, each of these necessary steps is an order of magnitude beyond the last and even the first one is inconceivable to me

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
anyone who doesnt own bowls is fine eating chili out they hand

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Running an online harassment campaign is actually much more mentally taxing than going to dollar tree or target and purchasing bowls (bowls are not expensive)

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

loquacius posted:

Trying to imagine the level of manchild/womanchild necessary to (a) not own bowls, (b) blame your disability for your not owning bowls, (c) use the fact that you blame your disability as justification for not owning bowls, (d) use that justification to get publicly mad that a person you don't know gave chili to people who do own bowls, and (e) maintain this anger for so long at such intensity that at least one major publication covers it and someone gets driven off of Twitter because they made chili

Like, each of these necessary steps is an order of magnitude beyond the last and even the first one is inconceivable to me

It's all easy if you just want to attack someone with vaguely anti-oppressive language as a claimed high ground

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
grad students start it, 4chan continues it, goons lol at it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

IIRC one of the people complaining about how it was ableism the loudest turned out to be a landlord who had just found a nice couple she intended to approach about an open relationship or whatever just as soon as they signed for the year lol. Classic good guy stuff.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Like Chincillazilla has or at least had an eyepatch on in her avatar, looking like some kind of cosplay, it'd be trivial to claim that she was stealing disabled valor with that.

It may have even already been said by one of that crew but I'm not going to assume that because it's a lazy internet thing where people say wow I bet this awful person has totally said this awful thing! And it crops up all the time in these pile ons as escalation, making up a guy in your head and getting mad at him.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Yeah id imagine the biggest reason is that chilli poster was a somewhat bigger twitter account and so its just people taking swings

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Flesh Forge posted:

I've held these values for my entire life, I'm an ethical and virtuous person, but I saw some people on MSNBC and now I'm joining the Nazi party

Do you have any idea how little that narrows it down?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Yeah id imagine the biggest reason is that chilli poster was a somewhat bigger twitter account and so its just people taking swings

almost all of it stems from an old grudge held by a single fairly easily-distinguished clique, like for any given person posting something negative about that specific person with the pig, you can check their following list and see the same people over and over.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

didnt the whole beef start because a bunch of people got mad at someone for having the word pawg in their display name

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm hyperfixating on this and I'm aware, but, if I personally did not own bowls, and became aware of a hypothetical scenario in which I would be ashamed of myself for not owning bowls, my response, rather than get mad at the person presenting me with the scenario, would be to go out and buy some loving bowls

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

didnt the whole beef start because a bunch of people got mad at someone for having the word pawg in their display name

same people, slightly different beef although there is a lot of overlap

loquacius posted:

I'm hyperfixating on this and I'm aware, but, if I personally did not own bowls, and became aware of a hypothetical scenario in which I would be ashamed of myself for not owning bowls, my response, rather than get mad at the person presenting me with the scenario, would be to go out and buy some loving bowls

but then how would I afford pizza????

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

bowls probably cost a lot more than delivery pizza, or else that whole side discussion wouldn't make much sense.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

it's a bowl michael, how much could it cost? ten dollars?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.target.com/p/37oz-plastic-cereal-bowl-polypro-room-essentials/-/A-88065867?preselect=53135536#lnk=sametab

50 cents per at target, have these people never had to outfit an off-campus apartment before or what

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

loquacius posted:

https://www.target.com/p/37oz-plastic-cereal-bowl-polypro-room-essentials/-/A-88065867?preselect=53135536#lnk=sametab

50 cents per at target, have these people never had to outfit an off-campus apartment before or what

I think they are just looking for an angle of attack and the bowls are immaterial

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

this chili is taking work away from pizza restaurants and is therefore anti-labor

Half expect this to be the official dominos account weighing in on the matter

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

chili can also be eaten from cups if you dont have any bowls, few are willing to acknowledge this

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
All foods can be eaten out of a cup you just gotta want it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

god gave you two lips and a tongue for a reason, get in there like it's a rear end

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

lobster shirt posted:

chili can also be eaten from cups if you dont have any bowls, few are willing to acknowledge this

you eat chili straight the can it comes in ???

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yeah but the hard part is getting it to come in the first place, after that you got it made

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

loquacius posted:

As a person who can only feel shame and outrage, this post is a direct, abelist, attack on me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

This person I've never met making chili for their neighbors is really about me if you think about it.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Hot take: An American Holodomor would really fix the obesity problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You people haven't tried to argue with a narcissist, they will say and double down on the absolute dumbest poo poo and forget basic aspects of how the world works selectively as long as it proves their point. Logic never enters into it and bounces off their skulls until they run out of arguments and selectively forget it ever happened.