Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The richest man in the world is so not-mad that he uses his mom's Twitter account to sockpuppet complimentary posts about himself.

Definitely not a pathetic thing for a man of 51 to do....at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

kazil posted:

Simpson's what?

It's a typo, he meant "Simp's Son"

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Frank Frank posted:

Lmao that pedo guy’s tweet history is pretty amazing. Genuinely surprised that UT Austin let’s him retain his fellowship posting poo poo like that. Yes, it’s Texas but Austin…?

A legit university in a deep red state has to be careful about taking any action to anger the chud state government, or else risk round after round of state budget cuts in retaliation. they’ll cut the budget anyway

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Musk is trans now. Good for her.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

lol he thought this was one of his sycophants

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

That Gawker article about the meaning of the 🤣 emoji and Musk's overuse of it must have really struck a nerve with him

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

they should check for a crayon crammed up elon's nose into his brain just in case

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lmao

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

https://youtu.be/YLU0Qp4sOiQ

The loving worst

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Jesus loving Christ.

I'm glad I stopped watching after season 12.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Castor Poe posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

I'm glad I stopped watching after season 12.

It's still hard to wrap my mind around one of my favourite shows growing up is not only terrible now but like the worst loving thing on tv.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Also lol that this dude traded in “eccentric billionaire” for “Sad sack main character of Twitter that everyone dunks on”

Kale
May 14, 2010

Wikipedia Article posted:

In November 2022 Musk claimed in a tweet that the episode correctly predicted his acquisition of Twitter, due to a scene where Lisa Simpson feeds birds that are in a birdhouse in Simpson's backyard with a sign that reads "Home Tweet Home". Though in reality this scene wasn't a direct reference to Twitter and occurs before Musk appears in the episode. Though it was also noted by The Independent that the subplot of Mr. Burns laying off a portion of the Springfield Power Plant's staff due to Musk, is similar to Musk's real life mass Twitter layoffs that occured soon after his acquisition of the platform.

Already a far more humorous Wikipedia article on the episode.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Dude just keeps walking into rakes. It’s pretty impressive

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

the wise man bowed his head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad things. you imbecile. you loving moron"

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhgLyvP0Y5A

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Jesus it's been fifteen years since the Simpsons movie came out

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

They did predict the Tesla tho

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/murphtracks/status/1596204487215312896?t=3t4UtM07m2bZEYNylvfuNA&s=19

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's still hard to wrap my mind around one of my favourite shows growing up is not only terrible now but like the worst loving thing on tv.

Stopping at Phil Hartman’s last ep, S10 E3, is the way to go.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Jesus it's been fifteen years since the Simpsons movie came out

@elonmusk
Spider-Pig 🤣😅🤣😂🤣🤣

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
There are no good or decent billionaires, this is a natural law

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Frank Frank posted:

Dude just keeps walking into rakes. It’s pretty impressive

Is Kelsey Grammer on cameo? I'm gonna need him to overdub all of Elon's press conferences now

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

SilvergunSuperman posted:

And now a Disney product

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Castor Poe posted:

They did predict the Tesla tho

LMAO someone should tweet that at him.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

LordoftheScheisse posted:

Why not just call it the Incell phone and get it over with.

Excuse me, it's called the iMusk, and it has all the best racist memes preloaded. You can find them in the emoji keyboard, it's very convenient and hilarious.

I don't have anyone to text with right now for some reason, but as soon as I find some slut to speak at, oh man, they are gonna be impressed.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

theflyingorc posted:

Some people eat at different times of the day, so it might not be dinner

Lol @ "Thanksgiving cuisine" though

No matter the time, a Thanksgiving meal would technically be dinner. A heavy meal at lunchtime that consists of multiple dishes can be considered dinner. If you have dinner at lunchtime then you have supper in the evening.

Basically my point is that no one has a Thanksgiving lunch.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I'm sure 88 million was just a random choice, could have been any number, doesn't mean anything.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1596439328338890752

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Rigel posted:

I'm sure 88 million was just a random choice, could have been any number, doesn't mean anything.

Is that some sort of Nazi nature account? Idgi

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Yeah the floodgates of antisemitism has opened up on twitter and... this is really bad. The megaphone has been handed to the worst people and I hope this website tanks soon.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

14 generations and 88 years ago

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Rigel posted:

https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evo-news/where-did-all-of-madagascars-species-come-from/

Fuckin Berkeley Nazis

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Rigel posted:

Tweet he's replying to is the one that brought 88 MYA into it :confused:

RDM posted:

Fuckin Berkeley Nazis

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
So how did musk find that tweet in the first place? It doesn't look like a big name and i doubt he's subscribed to random nature feeds. Did he actually just search for new tweets containing "88"?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
E: ^^^ drat, great minds think alike.

Borscht posted:

Is that some sort of Nazi nature account? Idgi

I initially didn't see that he was replying to some nature account and lost it, but even considering that he is, it's pretty fuckin' sus. What the gently caress is he doing responding to some random-rear end tweet about the wildlife in Madagascar? Waxing philosophical about Earth being isolated just like it? Please. Dollars to doughnuts he was searching for something with 88 in it that was vague enough to still be a dogwhistle, and he found that to quote tweet.

What are some of the other anti-semitic dogwhistles he's used or mouthpieces he's followed? There are definitely others.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I can't blame people for reading something into Elmo posting about '88'. He's gone so mask-off by palling around wit Ngo and Cheong that people would be forgiven to think that the dumb motherfucker was making a veiled 1488 reference.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Oh poo poo I accidentally wandered into the GBS Musk Thread. Are we suckinggiving Elon the benefit of the doubt in this one?

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Sentient Data posted:

So how did musk find that tweet in the first place? It doesn't look like a big name and i doubt he's subscribed to random nature feeds. Did he actually just search for new tweets containing "88"?
Cocaine, scrolling Twitter after snorting a fuckload of cocaine at 2am & Twitter's lovely recommendation algorithm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That's a wild one, you've got Christians replying with Revelations quotes because Jesus will return in sooner than 88 million years, scientists talking about the expansion and death of the sun, and numerology nuts talking about hundreds of years of '88' being a secret conspiracy number. But yeah, he probably did search the number too.