Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Mister Speaker posted:

E: ^^^ drat, great minds think alike.

I initially didn't see that he was replying to some nature account and lost it, but even considering that he is, it's pretty fuckin' sus. What the gently caress is he doing responding to some random-rear end tweet about the wildlife in Madagascar? Waxing philosophical about Earth being isolated just like it? Please. Dollars to doughnuts he was searching for something with 88 in it that was vague enough to still be a dogwhistle, and he found that to quote tweet.

What are some of the other anti-semitic dogwhistles he's used or mouthpieces he's followed? There are definitely others.

Yeah you're right. Who tf is saying people are reading too much into it? Open your eyes.

Another dogwhistle tweet was two weeks ago with the Analog Tweets or Tweets in the 1930s, whatever, but it was a messenger pigeon in a backpack being worn by a WWII nazi soldier. The nazi isn't the focus, but it's there for the wink-wink elbow nudge crowd and they love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Mister Speaker posted:

Dollars to doughnuts he was searching for something with 88 in it that was vague enough to still be a dogwhistle, and he found that to quote tweet.

Does musk look like a man with a plan?

I don't think he's trying to hide his nazi sympathies, I think he genuinely does not understand that his beliefs are fash and fash-adjacent.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I think he's got 'a plan' enough to know what 88 means and barely enough intelligence to find something coded enough to generate interest while maintaining plausible deniability, sure.

The whole business of nazi dogwhistles is so infuriatingly nefarious. It feels like gaslighting, how pervasive the "you're reaching and you sound ridiculous" argument.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
I am usually big on "never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity", but with Musk it's pretty clear that malice is charting at #1 in most things he does.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Mister Speaker posted:

The whole business of nazi dogwhistles is so infuriatingly nefarious. It feels like gaslighting, how pervasive the "you're reaching and you sound ridiculous" argument.

That's exactly the reaction they're trying to provoke.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

That's exactly the reaction they're trying to provoke.

Yes I know, I'm saying it's straight-up gaslighting and it's maddening.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

waffle iron posted:

I am usually big on "never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity", but with Musk it's pretty clear that malice is charting at #1 in most things he does.

I dunno, I could totally believe his thoughts and actions are led more by stupidity.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I didn't even realize that this random nature account brought 88 into it. But thats a good point, there's no reason at all for Elon to see that tweet either, he must have specifically searched 88 out.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i dont think elon is smart enough for dogwhistles but the nazis he keeps interacting with do. i know ive gotten weird recs for stuff on twitter just based on what someone im following said

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Xakura posted:

Does musk look like a man with a plan?

I don't think he's trying to hide his nazi sympathies, I think he genuinely does not understand that his beliefs are fash and fash-adjacent.

He’s a South African boer, he absolutely knows that his beliefs are fash and fash-adjacent.

I’m coming around to the idea that he genuinely, honestly considers that to be centrism though. Right wing in his mind is probably literal death squads like in Rwanda or the “good ol’ days” when Zimbabwe was still Rhodesia.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Zzulu posted:

There are no good or decent billionaires, this is a natural law

Chuck Feeney gave away almost his entire net worth of 8 billion and now lives modestly with 1.5 million left. He’s only decent one I can think of

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Mister Speaker posted:

I think he's got 'a plan' enough to know what 88 means and barely enough intelligence to find something coded enough to generate interest while maintaining plausible deniability, sure.

I get that, and it's a fair argument.

waffle iron posted:

I guess I just come down on the "stupid" side of the divide. He's just so incredibly stupid.

Dewgy posted:

He’s a South African boer, he absolutely knows that his beliefs are fash and fash-adjacent.

I’m coming around to the idea that he genuinely, honestly considers that to be centrism though. Right wing in his mind is probably literal death squads like in Rwanda or the “good ol’ days” when Zimbabwe was still Rhodesia.

I think you first and second paragraph are in opposition? If he thinks his far right nonsense is "enlightened centrism", then he wouldn't identify that as fascism, which is what I think is the case.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Dewgy posted:

That's a good point. His own 'Overton Window' is so hosed up by being raised by Boer shitheads that he might genuinely think he's a progressive.

Speaking of Rhodesia, I had to go and find a video to cheer myself up after reading all this bullshit. You know the one, with the three AWB members in the blue Mercedes.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Musk is already in a rarefied atmosphere, since very few of us grew up with a daddy who owned an emerald mine. Combine that with surrounding yourself with bootlicking sycophants and a dash of 'I'm wealthy, therefore I not only earned it but I'm a special genius' and it's easy to imagine yourself as a "reasonable" "centrist".

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t think it’s overreacting to think people looking for coded messages are dumb. He’s openly supporting these type of people so what would the point be

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
So when is he gonna be so high on his own farts that hell run for president? Be the :airquote: centrist :airquote: the world needs right now

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

he can't run for president because he's not a natural born citizen

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

nullEntityRNG posted:

So when is he gonna be so high on his own farts that hell run for president? Be the :airquote: centrist :airquote: the world needs right now

Someone should put it in the OP but Musk cannot be president as he isn't a natural born citizen

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t think it’s overreacting to think people looking for coded messages are dumb. He’s openly supporting these type of people so what would the point be

Yeah, even if he is dogwhistling, it doesn't really matter at this point. Guy is welcoming back facists on his platform openly. No decoding needed.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

He might run for Senate in Texas someday. Cornyn is getting old.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

kazil posted:

Someone should put it in the OP but Musk cannot be president as he isn't a natural born citizen
What's the over/under on him doing it anyway, avoiding consequences, and in a 6-3 decision,

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

CharlestheHammer posted:

The first letter in every musk post yesterday spell "TRUMP DEEZ NUTS YOU FUCKBOIS AINT poo poo DADDY PLEASE LOVE ME".

The man posts a lot.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Musk is already in a rarefied atmosphere, since very few of us grew up with a daddy who owned an emerald mine. Combine that with surrounding yourself with bootlicking sycophants and a dash of 'I'm wealthy, therefore I not only earned it but I'm a special genius' and it's easy to imagine yourself as a "reasonable" "centrist".

There's also an element of techbro narcissism where they act like their position is the centrist one by default, as all of their opinions are impartially based on pure logic and reason and are not swayed left or right by emotional appeals. This also means that their position is the objectively correct one and there's no reason to engage with other ideas or learn new things.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Nessus posted:

What's the over/under on him doing it anyway, avoiding consequences, and in a 6-3 decision,

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Wingnut Ninja posted:

There's also an element of techbro narcissism where they act like their position is the centrist one by default, as all of their opinions are impartially based on pure logic and reason and are not swayed left or right by emotional appeals. This also means that their position is the objectively correct one and there's no reason to engage with other ideas or learn new things.

Yes, exactly. Elon is everything wrong with Silicon Valley in a single paunchy package.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mister Speaker posted:

I've seen people get upset that calculators with 7-segment displays are clearly dogwhistles because they show all 8s, or a 1 followed by 8s, so there's definitely some people who end up getting utterly demented

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

CharlestheHammer posted:

Trolling, making “the left” mad, etc.

Unlike his dumb memes and jokes, it might even work.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!

Nessus posted:

He wasn’t conceived by IVF or delivered via cesarean so he was naturally born and is a citizen, they will argue.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Chief McHeath posted:

He wasn’t conceived by IVF or delivered via cesarean so he was naturally born and is a citizen, they will argue.

I'm willing to give a replicant a chance as president.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The oath of office will be replaced by the "Baseline" segment from BR2049

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
His reply guys are already up on that dick

https://twitter.com/Vaquero2XL/status/1596564229401837570

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

As long as they're an original model and die after 4 years, I'd throw them my vote. No incumbent advantages with a replicant.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Nessus posted:

Especially with the current DOJ stance that Republican presidential candidates cannot be legally held accountable for anything while running for office. Ruling that he's ineligible to be president would be egregious politically-motivated election interference.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
E: nm

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Especially with the current DOJ stance that Republican presidential candidates cannot be legally held accountable for anything while running for office. Ruling that he's ineligible to be president would be egregious politically-motivated election interference.
drat, at this rate he's going to actually be SHODAN by Christmas.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/steinkobbe/status/1596574133663440897?s=46&t=qtdtj3LW4suo3Wi0wu6ORA
Apple is done

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Good job making a solar powered phone for a bunch of shut-in incels

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

kazil posted:

Good job making a solar powered phone for a bunch of shut-in incels

God drat that is a good post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
It's one consumer electronics, Michael. How many engineers could it take, 10?