Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

SplitSoul posted:

Has anyone been able to run this in a playable state with RTX on? 3070 in particular.

Even on the 4090 there's a couple levels that dip down into the 40s. Hopefully there's some optimization left on the table for later.

Edit: Now if people would stop killing mutants so fast so I could get this last zealot penance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I really like the new desert mission. Must suck if you're not set up for range, though.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Evil Kit posted:

Oh huh, Ogryn's start with so many more bars base it's honestly hard to tell. Maybe it caps? I'll need to test it out with curious in the Meat Grinder I guess, I had no idea other classes only started with 3 stamina bars.
It's per weapon, so the knife and tomahawk both have 3 bars baseline, while for example the shovel and power sword have 5 baseline IIRC.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Insert name here posted:

It's per weapon, so the knife and tomahawk both have 3 bars baseline, while for example the shovel and power sword have 5 baseline IIRC.

I know certain weapons give bonuses to stamina (it's listed on the info card!) but even base Ogryn def have more stamina bars. I've really noticed a difference trying to block and shove as a puny human.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Difficulty 3 Endless horde feels like the sweet spot for difficulty right now with rando's, difficult, failure cascades can still happen, but it still allows for mistakes like getting hit in the butt from the team not covering and you can still clench it and be a big hero solo carry despite bads or low levels on a team and you don't run into the scaling issues on 4+ where you lose because your team can't make the big numbers the game is asking to punch through the constant wall of meat and bullets around every corner.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 26, 2022

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Even though the plasma cannon feels incredible to use, I wasn't sold until I killed a half dozen scabs, two shotgunners, and a sniper with a single shot. This thing loving rules.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I was able to play this for a few hours without getting any crashes or disconnects in a mission, and while the FPS still stutters and flies around much more than I'd like, it's acceptable now that I have a DLSS-compatible card. Furthermore it incredibly wasn't buggy at all, which was very surprising. At least on my machine, it seems completely playable and technically ready for release once all the content is in.

All of my other issues from the previous beta still stand (other than the responsiveness of controls which definitely do feel better), and I could still list endless issues with gameplay as far as special enemy design, itemization, weapon balance, etc. But at this point it's clear that people who liked the consistency and overall fairness of VT1 just flat-out are not the target audience anymore, and a lot of that doesn't matter if you just stay on more forgiving difficulties and ignore fatshark's attempts to make a tryhard game without the design to back it up. Thinking I'll just settle into an average difficulty, chill out and enjoy the basics of hitting things for as long as that lasts.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Got these three in two games back to back. Way easier than the psyker ones.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Pennsylvanian posted:

Even though the plasma cannon feels incredible to use, I wasn't sold until I killed a half dozen scabs, two shotgunners, and a sniper with a single shot. This thing loving rules.

I like it, but I keep coming back to the Mk12 lasgun for best "big damage in one shot" gun because it has way, way more convenience in use and consistent uptime compared to the bolter or plasma gun's big drawbacks in reload/ammo/ready time/sway.

It isn't as flashy or has that big oompf that will make your teammates go "oooh" but it's just really good at tapping heads forever and ever.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Powerful squatting form on display.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Tried out a Lucius Lasgun, and it felt like absolute garbage. Does it have any redeeming qualities (beyond the bayonet)?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

"lucius lasgun" is alliterative does that count

Orv
May 4, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Tried out a Lucius Lasgun, and it felt like absolute garbage. Does it have any redeeming qualities (beyond the bayonet)?

Nope! Mk12 does everything it does faster and with an actually good sight picture.

Hopefully that one day changes.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Everyone is posting good stuff that immediately gets lost, can we put a list of melee/ranged weapons and some recommendations in the OP or something

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Cyrano4747 posted:

poo poo is so variable. Try lower RT settings too.

1440p with a 2080, 2700x, 32gb 3200 and both environmental and reflection RT on low I’m getting mid-30s to mid -40s. The environmental RT in particular is huge for making poo poo look not awful, even on low.

It’s like the really didn’t try with the non RT lighting it’s that much worse.

JFC I take it back.

They hosed somethign up with the last patch. I was with relatives for thanksgiving and hadn't had a chance to play the last few days. Exact same settings as before now I'm getting loving 20-30 FPS.

WTF did they do?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Cyrano4747 posted:

JFC I take it back.

They hosed somethign up with the last patch. I was with relatives for thanksgiving and hadn't had a chance to play the last few days. Exact same settings as before now I'm getting loving 20-30 FPS.

WTF did they do?

With steady improvements they should be able to get it down to 10-20 by launch.

Not a big deal but this game might take longer to load than any game I've played in the last five years or so. There must be a crazy amount of assets in the citadel.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, queuing for malice and getting 2 level 4's and a level 3 does not make for a fun run.
One of them had obviously played before, but the other two ran ahead and died to the first patrol in the level.

Should probably make the level requirements for the higher difficulties a bit higher, maybe keep them unlocked if you have a character past that level already.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

yaay for more maps

Orv
May 4, 2011
Had an interesting moment on the oubliette assassination where the boss shield popping sent me over a railing and I briefly existed in a superposition of downed off the edge, still able to move and rapidly flickering between them. Then the game gave up and put me back on land.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Did they lower the required level for a bunch of weapons?? I didn't see anything like that in the patch notes but my 18 zealot now has a thunder hammer & boltgun

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Did they lower the required level for a bunch of weapons?? I didn't see anything like that in the patch notes but my 18 zealot now has a thunder hammer & boltgun

They did yeah. Almost everything is unlocked by 15 now on all classes and stuff unlocks a lot more rapidly in early levels. Existing characters it seemed kinda funky on but I'm not sure why.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Orv posted:

They did yeah. Almost everything is unlocked by 15 now on all classes. Existing characters it seemed kinda funky on but I'm not sure why.

Cool, I'll be able to try the voidstrike staff too then

just went into the meat grinder with my new stuff. oh my god, i didn't think it would ever happen, but a game has finally one-upped Space Marine's bolters :stwoon:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

I feel like they did cause my Ogryn at level 5 had access to a grenade gauntlet at level 4 and I bought one of the single shot grenade launchers in the shop that'll be equipabble at level 7.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Man, queuing for malice and getting 2 level 4's and a level 3 does not make for a fun run.
One of them had obviously played before, but the other two ran ahead and died to the first patrol in the level.

Should probably make the level requirements for the higher difficulties a bit higher, maybe keep them unlocked if you have a character past that level already.

This. I queued for a level 3 because the game let me and level 2's weren't much of a problem. Got smacked real hard and some dude in my group started getting frustrated and asked me why I queued for that difficulty. The game lets us! Take it up with the devs!

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
The Ogryn doesn't really get single target killer ranged weapons with the exception of the grenade gauntlet, yes? I thought the heavy stubbers might be a good long range solution, and while I love firing them and they mulch hordes, gunners and snipers tend to simply get knocked over, allowing them to hide behind cover.

I suppose it lines up well with the Ogryn's role as a crowd control and suppression machine though.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Orv posted:

My hope is to eventually put one together with a bunch of anti-flak stuff. I love the things and they’re not bad at flak by any means but it can take a split second longer than I’d like in a messy firefight if I’m not hitting heads 100%.

Burn stacks are your friend for anti flak stuff with gun.

My Spicy Queen is very good with these types of things as the burn chews through high hp targets.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

wedgie deliverer posted:

This. I queued for a level 3 because the game let me and level 2's weren't much of a problem. Got smacked real hard and some dude in my group started getting frustrated and asked me why I queued for that difficulty. The game lets us! Take it up with the devs!

Level 3 is doable at low levels with a good team. Level 4 should be a minimum level 20 for matchmaking or open for premade groups. Level 5 should be level 25+ on second character, level 30 for first character

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Just had a go with an Accatran MKVIIa Recon Lasgun, thing is super accurate sure but it just doesnt have the killing power needed to clear out shooters. Even headshots seem to take at least three per guy.

Shame, since mine has 2 burn stacks on crit and 4% ranged crit. Burn seems useful on certain enemies but the bolter kills em just as quick. Gimme a Kantrael MG XII Infrantry Lasgun any day of the week.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Looks like there'll be maps running Power Supply Interruption for the next five hours, if you desire suffering.

E: And sever maintenance for a bit before that.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

With steady improvements they should be able to get it down to 10-20 by launch.

Not a big deal but this game might take longer to load than any game I've played in the last five years or so. There must be a crazy amount of assets in the citadel.

Install it on your solid-state if you have one. It's a nightmare on HDD.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Pennsylvanian posted:

I really like the new desert mission. Must suck if you're not set up for range, though.

My zealot loves this map.

Just so everyone knows you can start a heavy attack, and then release during your F to just absolutely demolish an entire pack of whatever. Works if you rev an eviscerator too!

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I was not having a lot of fun on Psyker, but then I got a Voidstrike staff and it all got a lot better. Its so fun, and you can aoe one-shot packs if you headshot them.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

DreadUnknown posted:

I was not having a lot of fun on Psyker, but then I got a Voidstrike staff and it all got a lot better. Its so fun, and you can aoe one-shot packs if you headshot them.

Get a feel for it in the meat grinder — it’s a literal railgun and makes the best headshot sound. It’s basically just like the plasma gun that people have mentioned (going by their descriptions). Oh and it staggers in a massive area. And does very solid single target damage (a little less than half of a brain burst on a headshot).

Volleyball staff for life

Orv
May 4, 2011
Voidstrike is very much the Psyker Plasma Gun and it owns. It's even kind of a little bit better because anyone nearby your line of fire gets tossed around instead of just not giving a poo poo that dudes next to them got turned into meat.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

BombiTheZombie posted:

Just had a go with an Accatran MKVIIa Recon Lasgun, thing is super accurate sure but it just doesnt have the killing power needed to clear out shooters. Even headshots seem to take at least three per guy.

Shame, since mine has 2 burn stacks on crit and 4% ranged crit. Burn seems useful on certain enemies but the bolter kills em just as quick. Gimme a Kantrael MG XII Infrantry Lasgun any day of the week.

VIIIA is just flatout inferior to the vid I think.

I have both around the same near 400 item level, the viia maxes out around 650 dps for shooting through the maulers flak, the vid gets 890. The extra firerate is especially choice for clearing out large groups fast.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Okay so there's daemonhosts now???

New midboss, surprised and kicked my team's rear end on threat 4. Teleporting gently caress.

Schnitzler
Jul 28, 2006
Toilet Rascal

Orv posted:

Looks like there'll be maps running Power Supply Interruption for the next five hours, if you desire suffering.

They also have a new boss active, daemonhost. Looks fun that one, teleporting around, raising downed players but giving them loads of corruption.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Schnitzler posted:

They also have a new boss active, daemonhost. Looks fun that one, teleporting around, raising downed players but giving them loads of corruption.

Lmao that owns.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Orv posted:

I was actually super thankful I had a weapon with flashlight, it was a huge advantage.

Also... you can hear things in the dark.
buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

skaianDestiny posted:

Okay so there's daemonhosts now???

New midboss, surprised and kicked my team's rear end on threat 4. Teleporting gently caress.

Its basically a witch, dont get near it and dont startle it. Its supposed to kick your rear end.