Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eimi posted:

I heard people say the new skins for some of the Mondstadt units were because of censorship, and if that's true, they changed nothing else about their writing. Sumeru is if anything more gay. From the various lesbian stuff from minor npcs to Dehya and Dunyazard to Kaveh and Alhaitham's sitcom marriage, they didn't change that. (At least in translation) Venti is still in the game and unchanged at the very least, same with Ms. Hina.

Well yeah, but those are words and cutscenes from the later parts of the new area. It's way easier to get the hammer brought down on just an appearance.

Endorph posted:

all of the CCP's 'rules' are just vague cudgels, yes. there's no point acting like theyre hard rules. rather, they're tools of intimidation. if developers dont comply with your more overtly political requests than you can hit them for the 'rules.'

for instance, fate/grand order got released over there and it only got in trouble for the explicit chinese characters, they can have girl emperor nero all they want. because the government only cares about the chinese characters. and if they hadnt complied with what they wanted, they could have hit the entire thing for having girl emperor nero. you get it?

in the case of these characters it was basically because the game got reported and those specific characters were the ones mentioned. mihoyo showed compliance so those characters got to go untouched.

I'm glad you jumped in because I couldn't figure out a way to succinctly summarize that whole deal.

I had no idea it was because they were specifically named, I always wondered why Amber of all characters and that explains it very easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

tang keke is from china and she's cool at least

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

In terms of compliance they specifically had to censor the characters to keep their age rating in China I believe. They also could have just not censored them and had the game rated again but that would cause them infinitely more issues I imagine.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

:same:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Eimi posted:

Also just the entirety of Liyue's subtext was about how a singular "divine" perspective was actually something to be left behind for a more human hand in rule, which is interesting in the lens of how the CCP would view themselves there. Zhongli is one of the more interesting archons entirely because he willingly surrenders his authority.

I can see that, and I feel like there was some slight criticism of the CCP in Sumeru's arc, in regards to the Akademiya suppressing the religious beliefs of Lesser Lord Kusanali's believers and heavily regulating public art performance. Nothing explicit you could point to and say that it's about the CCP if confronted, but it's what I thought of first during my playthrough

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Am I missing something or is the actual combat portion of the Pokemon event not fun?

Maybe it's to be expected when I don't really like combat in Pokemon to begin with. I liked the jelly feeding part...

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Am I missing something or is the actual combat portion of the Pokemon event not fun?

Maybe it's to be expected when I don't really like combat in Pokemon to begin with. I liked the jelly feeding part...
I don't think you're missing anything. It's not much like Pokemon combat at all, though. It's more like Digimon World for the Sony PlayStation.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I dunno, I kinda liked clowning on my opponents fungi. Comboing the fungus attacks that draw enemies in and then slamming them with an aoe was satisfying enough

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'm still doing the training domains, and it's so excruciatingly boring watching the mushrooms beat things up too slowly, waiting for powerups that respawn too slowly. And you can't just AFK and collect your primo like tower defense. Hopefully the tournament part gets better.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm still doing the training domains, and it's so excruciatingly boring watching the mushrooms beat things up too slowly, waiting for powerups that respawn too slowly. And you can't just AFK and collect your primo like tower defense. Hopefully the tournament part gets better.

The start is slow.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I've triple crowned Itto so he can hit hard, play hard, and throw a cow for 77K twice during his burst.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Lisa is in the shop this month - don’t sleep on her if you’re near C4. She can get 14-15 Aggravates with her E combo and burst over a single cycle. She’s a pretty solid on-fielder now!

I’ve been trying out a Lisa C4 / Fischl / Nahida / C6 Diona (instructors) team. Between Diona instructors + Burst + Nahida Burst you’re buffing 570 EM (with snapshotting!) for Oz and Lisa’s burst. Diona C6 is so compelling because she provides heals, shields, and huge EM buffs in one package. Zhong Li, Kazuha, or Kokomi also slot in well instead. The team comp is definitely somewhat gimmicky and highly Circle Impact. However, everyone is ranged so it plays pretty smoothly when you need to zap a ranged enemy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The earth fungi is OP, only use that move

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
its all about combos op
use the kazuha fungus to suck them all into one spot and then do whatever sicknasty combo bullshit you want for free wins. i liked using one of the pyro fungi and then zapping all the grouped-up enemies with the cryo one for a big fat melt
although you've gotta change up your combo for different stages since they have a lot of elemental demands

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

the best part of the event is Layla insisting on calling them shroom buddies (which is loving cute)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ok, succing everything up to follow up with a ground pound shroom attack is pretty fun. I just wish they had cut down recharge/respawn times by like 25% at least.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Nyaawn posted:

the best part of the event is Layla insisting on calling them shroom buddies (which is loving cute)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygeG3PvW0hg

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Messed up that the best phys dps in the game is a geo character and also a mushroom.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Sandrone's a mushroom? drat. :v:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
mushroom fights get more fun when you find the 'target this rear end in a top hat' button. Then get annoying when you realize you can't unset a target if you want your dudes to just hit whoever's closest to them.

also:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

its all about combos op
use the kazuha fungus to suck them all into one spot and then do whatever sicknasty combo bullshit you want for free wins. i liked using one of the pyro fungi and then zapping all the grouped-up enemies with the cryo one for a big fat melt
although you've gotta change up your combo for different stages since they have a lot of elemental demands

Still, best thing about the mushroom training is that i found an aranara near the domain. God knows I'd never be wandering around on that cliff looking for them until I give in and look up a list.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

Well yeah, but those are words and cutscenes from the later parts of the new area. It's way easier to get the hammer brought down on just an appearance.

I'm glad you jumped in because I couldn't figure out a way to succinctly summarize that whole deal.

I had no idea it was because they were specifically named, I always wondered why Amber of all characters and that explains it very easily.

It makes more sense when you realise it was a move by a commericial rival using government connections to hinder their main market competitor.

Tower of Fantasy was trying to muscle in.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
pokemushroom is love
pokemushroom is life

Kale
May 14, 2010

Apparently shits going down big time in Shanghai again with some huge anti-CCP and Zero Covid policy protests so kind of have to wonder how it might effect development again if the CCP issues any martial law decrees or shutdowns of the city in any sort of crackdown that is very possibly coming.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

not to get too into the weeds of politics here but the protests are because of a fire in an apartment building that was locked down due to covid. video of it appears to show the firefighters being delayed by the physical lockdown of the apartment. the fire killed about a dozen people.

a city lockdown or martial law decree would be making things worse, not better. now they might be stupid but more likely is they blame the local government and then ease covid restrictions slightly.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
There are politics threads for talking about politics and I prefer that this thread stay a game thread for talking about a game.

That being said I hope the Mihoyo devs stay safe through all the happenstance of civil disruption.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If we get an everlasting yae banner, i may just pull for her.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

If we get an everlasting yae banner, i may just pull for her.
I don't know exactly how long their lead time is, but at this point I have to imagine that 3.3 is launching on time even if the moon falls from the sky tomorrow.

If anything it would be an eternal Raiden banner, which would be very fitting, and an eternal Ayato banner, which would be very hilarious. The Kamisatos just can't catch a break.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Most people don't know this, but the way it works in the industry is that there's actually a big red button on the lead producer's desk with "Launch" written on it, and when they press that it starts a klaxon and a 10-day countdown that shows up on every monitor in the building, and at that point nobody can stop it.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

What's an eternal banner?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

silvergoose posted:

What's an eternal banner?

a banner that gets extended "indefinitely" for a long time because real-life disruption prevents MiHoYo from producing the content and/or rotating it out

happened to Ayaka in 2.6 because (probably) the COVID lockdowns in Shangai stopped production

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It was before my time, and I think people sometimes exaggerate how long it was to be funny, so I was faintly disappointed when I learned it was actually only like three extra weeks.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
There was a brief time during that banner where it said "Time remaining: 240 days" which helped spur on the meme. They switched it to say until next version at some point.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
more like where tao, amirite

probably 3.4, tbf

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I would very much appreciate it if they'd hold off on rerunning her until 3.7 or 3.8, so I have enough time to recover my primos after the upcoming Raiden-Ayaka-Alhaitham-Dehya-Baizhu gauntlet.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Layla has the best hair in the game

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I will be disappointed if the cryo archon doesn't have twin tails.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Eimi posted:

The Tsaritsa? That would certainly take a bit away from her badass all-conquering vibe tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Eimi posted:

If it ends up being Bronya like a lot of people are expecting she'll have twin tails as well.