Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."

I'm down for this but I can't tell the difference anymore between any of the sequels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LaserPrinter69 posted:

I'm down for this but I can't tell the difference anymore between any of the sequels.
Neither can I but I just imagine it's one long film and I have to take a break from watching because there's so much action.

Yes Madam is fun. The talky bits can be a bit too much sometimes but the action is great. As are the outfits which are :krad:

:hmmyes: say no more say no more

Also hoooly poo poo I just realize that's Michelle Yeoh... who's in the Everything Everywhere movie. Daamn, now it makes sense why she kicked so much rear end there :v:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

mobby_6kl posted:

Also hoooly poo poo I just realize that's Michelle Yeoh... who's in the Everything Everywhere movie. Daamn, now it makes sense why she kicked so much rear end there :v:

Even better, it was her first role and she insisted on doing as much of the stunt work as possible! :love:

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

mobby_6kl posted:

As are the outfits which are :krad:

hong kong fashions were wild, man

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

mobby_6kl posted:

Neither can I but I just imagine it's one long film and I have to take a break from watching because there's so much action.

Yes Madam is fun. The talky bits can be a bit too much sometimes but the action is great. As are the outfits which are :krad:

She is in a bunch of stuff, notably a few movies with Jackie Chan, and she rules. Police Story 3 is loving awesome

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Michelle Yeoh also has the best fight scene in Crouching Tiger, I forgot how much this ruled

https://youtu.be/mf0reiFb3ks

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

mobby_6kl posted:

I am very jealous cause this means you get to watch a bunch of awesome movies that she is in for the first time. Seriously Police Story 3 rules so hard

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

B-Rock452 posted:

I am very jealous cause this means you get to watch a bunch of awesome movies that she is in for the first time. Seriously Police Story 3 rules so hard

Sadly I've seen many of those already. I meant that, when watching Everything Everywhere, I didn't realize that was her. Because it's at least 20 year removed from the last movie I've seen her in, and I'm also bad at faces :(

But yeah obviously anything with Jackie Chan rules twice as much by default, and there are probably some other worthwhile films I never got to watch too.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

You should check out some of Cynthia Rothrock's other films, like Righting Wrongs.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Millionaire's/Shanghai Express!!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Speaking of Yes Madam, anyone gotten a copy of Righting Wrongs/Above the Law? Def my favorite action film of all time, gauging whether I should get the 88 films or vinegar syndrome release.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

mobby_6kl posted:

Sadly I've seen many of those already. I meant that, when watching Everything Everywhere, I didn't realize that was her. Because it's at least 20 year removed from the last movie I've seen her in, and I'm also bad at faces :(

Yeah she's a legend at this point.

Both EE and Shang-Chi behind the scenes stunt stuff is great because it's all stunt men geeking out over getting to do an action scene with her, and her being super nice.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuV7DYE6sz0

jacobus should be teaching cinema at some high end schools instead of just tossing this stuff up on youtube, it's incredible

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Yeah I went from not knowing this dude, to seeing him on Adkins Art of Action, to watching a vid, to being a huge fan.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got advanced tickets to violent night next week. I'm excited.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

mastershakeman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuV7DYE6sz0

jacobus should be teaching cinema at some high end schools instead of just tossing this stuff up on youtube, it's incredible

Yeah these videos are great.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Millionaires' Express Arrow Blu Ray Hell Yeah

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1596154166589927424

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Yesssss

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Ugh, a post on Digg prompted me to watch the car race from Ready Player One and now I have motion sickness. What a loving horrible, "CGI has no physical limitations so I can weightlessly whoosh the camera about wherever I want at 300mph until everything becomes a rendered blur" excuse for an action sequence. And it's all the more insulting that Spielberg was behind it, because he directed some of the greatest action sequences in movie history! What the hell was this crap?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
He was tired and let some 25 year old previs artist mostly direct it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I liked the music in that scene.

That’s really it though lol. But it was better than the book!

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

CelticPredator posted:

I liked the music in that scene.

That’s really it though lol. But it was better than the book!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Payndz posted:

Ugh, a post on Digg prompted me to watch the car race from Ready Player One and now I have motion sickness. What a loving horrible, "CGI has no physical limitations so I can weightlessly whoosh the camera about wherever I want at 300mph until everything becomes a rendered blur" excuse for an action sequence. And it's all the more insulting that Spielberg was behind it, because he directed some of the greatest action sequences in movie history! What the hell was this crap?

Especially since the chase scene in Tintin was so good!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Payndz posted:

Today I learned Digg is still around

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Today I learned Digg is still around

Fark is still around.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

feedmyleg posted:

He was tired and let some 25 year old previs artist mostly direct it.

He was probably working on The Post.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
read into this however much you want

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/exclusive-dredd-2-happening-karl-urban.html

quote:

There have been rumors that the Judge Dredd franchise was set to continue, as a new series was being discussed called Judge Dredd: Mega-City One. However, there had been no mention of who was going to be cast in the titular role, also leaving behind the idea that a sequel to the hit Dredd movie was also not going to happen. Now, through our trusted and proven sources, we can report that Dredd 2 is moving forward with Karl Urban.

it's basically just this site going "trust us, its happening"

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm not holding my breath, but I would be very happy if it moved forward.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
It would be great if it took advantage of the 3D and 48fps upgrades that theaters are doing for Avatar 2. It was possibly the best-designed 3D movie ever.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZrsJsvL30g

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Finally watched Raging Fire, wow, that movie is incredible! Hats off to Benny Chan, what a cool, fun, gripping action epic. Tour de force.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://variety.com/2022/film/obituaries-people-news/albert-pyun-dead-nemesis-cyborg-captain-america-1235173286/

man, rip to a real one.

https://twitter.com/JCVD/status/1596736974022246400

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Super sad, but I know he wasn't doing well lately per his wife's social media posts. I did a first time watch of Mean Guns today in honor of, and even with a cropped aspect ratio on Tubi, I loved it. A little longer than it should have been, but really shows that he could make something cool out of virtually nothing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
RLM just a BOTW spotlight on Pyun and they were actually pretty kind to him and praised him for getting a lot out of budgets that were often not matched up with the ambition of the film

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s me, the one person who likes Alien From LA. Dude made fun movies and I need to see more.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I am not a big fan of pyun's movies but it's hard to dislike a man who made every movie like it was going to be his last chance to direct one, and he needed to cram every single idea in his head into it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Cyborg is pretty good, and I liked the man's ambition.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 28, 2022

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s me, the one person who likes Alien From LA. Dude made fun movies and I need to see more.

I'll always have a soft spot for it since it was the first MST3k episode I saw.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hell yeah new Timo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQQJEiESrK0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Dude makes a horror action movie and then goes for a comedy action movie? This mfer crazy!!!!!