Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Ryoga posted:

I loled pretty hard scrolling this preem gonk material choom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

This “try out the most ridiculous builds” mode is about where I’m at at the moment. A true “No movement” build is what I’m hoping to figure out next.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The “random” character you unlock isn’t actually a random selection but an actual character himself, whose stats increase wildly on each level up. One of his forms exponentially increases max HP. You can use this with the arcane that boosts your damage based on how much HP you’re missing to essentially deal infinite damage every tick. Then it’s just a matter of figuring out the best weapons for area of attack and attack speed.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some of the secret characters (the werewolf and probably another one I'm forgetting) have stats that get rerolled every level up too lol. Which can lead to some ridiculous outcomes or getting like, 0% projectile speed so they stay still. The game is so much more interesting than just characters with slightly different sprites and stats and I love that.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Zerot posted:

A few things to try:

1. The controller plugged in via USB-C cable.
2 A different controller.
3. Unplug the Xbox for a few minutes.

I bet one of those will fix it.

For some reason unplugging it worked.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Just info: Microsoft is running controllers at 39.99 for basic colors, 44.95 for premium colors including the camo and color shift ones. If you have tiny rear end feet you can get the Xbox adidas sneakers for 40..

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

American McGay posted:

The “random” character you unlock isn’t actually a random selection but an actual character himself, whose stats increase wildly on each level up. One of his forms exponentially increases max HP. You can use this with the arcane that boosts your damage based on how much HP you’re missing to essentially deal infinite damage every tick. Then it’s just a matter of figuring out the best weapons for area of attack and attack speed.

Very fun character. Managed to survive 35 minutes in the Moongolow with it. If you get the healing arcana your revives do enough damage to kill the reapers, managed to kill 11 at once.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The Illusive Man posted:

The one thing that is really dragging it down for me is the dialogue. A lot of it comes off as really cringey/tryhard, and of course V is the worst offender of this. There’s just way too much ‘future slang’ forced into the dialogue and it comes across as how some middle aged writer imagines edgy future 20-somethings will talk.

Easily my least favourite part. Dialogue was grating on me so much that I had to just stop and uninstall. It wants to make you think it’s so cool and gritty and edgy and it makes it all feel hollow and fell completely flat for me and gave me second hand embarrassment.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol wtf. the slang was the best part of the writing... the whole game is a love letter to cyberpunk/'neo noir'/etc movies and books lol. if it didn't have a weird street pidgin of some kind it would be extremely out of place imo. that said, they almost don't go far enough- the Edgerunners English dub goes even harder on it, and it sounds better for it. its like hearing another countries urban slang, I sort of understand it but it's super alien at the same time. it's cool.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I am totally unfamiliar with cyberpunk as a genre so it’s a me problem.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

lol wtf. the slang was the best part of the writing... the whole game is a love letter to cyberpunk/'neo noir'/etc movies and books lol. if it didn't have a weird street pidgin of some kind it would be extremely out of place imo. that said, they almost don't go far enough- the Edgerunners English dub goes even harder on it, and it sounds better for it. its like hearing another countries urban slang, I sort of understand it but it's super alien at the same time. it's cool.

Yeah, not only would it have been super weird to not have future slang but I think they pretty much nailed it and made it feel really natural.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Maybe I'm just accustomed to it by this point but I haven't noticed nearly as much slang in the game as people make it out to have. I think I've heard the word "choom" like three times. It's no A Clockwork Orange.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
seriously watch the show and then try to complain about it with a straight face again. the show actually is pushing clockwork orange levels lol.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Issaries posted:

I got myself a modern LG C2 77" tv (4K, 120hz, HDRs and all the other acronyms) from black friday sales.

What would be the best games on game pass to try out all of its capabilities?
I already did Geometry wars 2, which was pretty :catdrugs:.

I play a ton of halo infinite at 120 fps it’s much smoother.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

That would involve playing Halo though. ewww.

I'm nearing the end of Ori WoW and it is such a great game.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The cyberpunk slang/writing was so lazy. Klept for steal, choom, and a few others. But mostly it was still just modern day words. I heard oval office so many times. I was like y'all can't come up with anything better? The gendered insults were so awful. It's like we're supposed to be post-transhumanism and all this poo poo at that point.

And it's lazy because black folks change the language that people speak literally every couple years. Bussy didn't come from nowhere.

If only they had read Snow crash.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 27, 2022

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
I'm not saying get rid of the slang, just maybe use 10-15% less of it. Less is more. But I've said my piece to you gonks so I'll delta now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

loved cyberpunk, thought it was a much better version of what deus ex human revolution was trying to do. the technical issues were obviously bad but after it got patched up it was really enjoyable. the writing and acting were really good for a lot of the stuff and it looks amazing. i wrung every last piece of content out of it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

And it's lazy because black folks change the language that people speak literally every couple years.

mike pondsmith is black. cyberpunk's slang was inspired by ebonics

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

The cyberpunk slang/writing was so lazy. Klept for steal, choom, and a few others. But mostly it was still just modern day words. I heard oval office so many times. I was like y'all can't come up with anything better? The gendered insults were so awful. It's like we're supposed to be post-transhumanism and all this poo poo at that point.

And it's lazy because black folks change the language that people speak literally every couple years. Bussy didn't come from nowhere.

yikes

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I'm going to take a break from Vampire Survivors as I'm seeing blue orbs whenever I close my eyes.

I've started Pentiment and so far I am loving it, exactly the type of game I like. I also really like that you can click on certain keywords and read up about the meaning and history of it, can't believe I'm learning stuff.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

I bounced off Pentiment hard.

Made it to the investigation part, where I could only explore one of the 4 leads, which was a major bummer. After that I could do night exploration sidequest, but then I missed all the morning segments. after that game advertised wealth of options and could only choose one. I chose quitting.

I just can't handle missing story content in a story game. I want to see it all, goddammit.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
You're missing even more story content by not playing it.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

elf help book posted:

You're missing even more story content by not playing it.

I miss nothing. I will just never get that far. Totally different feels.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

mike pondsmith is black. cyberpunk's slang was inspired by ebonics

He didn't have anything to do with the game. And you're kind of proved my point since the voodoo boys in his version are a bunch of white people appropriating while in the game it's just black people.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Issaries posted:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

He didn't have anything to do with the game. And you're kind of proved my point since the voodoo boys in his version are a bunch of white people appropriating while in the game it's just black people.

he was a consultant and contributed his voice as the radio dj. he signed off on the content. you're just wrong.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Issaries posted:

Fail move op

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

he was a consultant and contributed his voice as the radio dj. he signed off on the content. you're just wrong.

He signed off as a consultant, so what was so great about how they changed the voodoo boys in the game?

Was it that they're portrayed as awful backstabbers?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Haven't gotten far in Pentiment but this guy is the MVP so far.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Issaries posted:

Made it to the investigation part, where I could only explore one of the 4 leads, which was a major bummer. After that I could do night exploration sidequest, but then I missed all the morning segments. after that game advertised wealth of options and could only choose one. I chose quitting.

I just can't handle missing story content in a story game. I want to see it all, goddammit.

I fully explored two leads and mostly explored a third, with only one left entirely by the wayside. The game gives you ample opportunity to see plenty of what's going on, and what you don't get to see in your first playthrough you can see in your second (and as a result get a much different experience).

The game's not about seeing everything there is to see in one go-round, it's about making difficult choices and living with their consequences. You're shorting yourself by not letting it be the game it wants to be versus the game you want it to be, IMO, but Glory Be to Game Pass where these decisions don't matter all that much.

(pentiment's fuckin incredible and up near the top of my goty list easily)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Issaries posted:

Yeah, it's not a game for completionists since the whole point is to make hard decisions and live with them. FWIW, in true Obsidian fashion, I don't think there are any actually wrong/bad choices—everything you do just leads to different events unfolding

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is my favorite character in the game. They only appear like twice total, have no dialog, but holy poo poo lmao their appearance made me laugh so hard.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Please no dox.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I made a game for myself called “when I reveal the Avatar will it be a little anime girl?” And I won the game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bushisms.txt posted:

this might be the most gringo rear end take I've ever read

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Xbox: Bussy didn't come from nowhere

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

this might be the most gringo rear end take I've ever read

Why is it only white people can be concerned about something? I'm a black woman 🤷🏽‍♀️

https://i.imgur.com/FwTULyG.jpg

Pardon my handwriting, functionally crippled now

Also the fact that y'all keep "well actuallying"me based on the fact that the creator is black and not the actual product that was released says a lot nor touches what my post was about

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
to be fair its not a gendered slur where the game was written but is in the country the game tales place in so it could be confusing