Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
OBJ back on the Giants would be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I don't understand why the Bears are even entertaining playing Fields against the Jets. He's proven he can go, they aren't going to make the playoffs, might as well put Fields on IR and tank the rest of the season to get the highest pick possible.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

t a s t e posted:

3-0 whagon no breaks

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

syzpid posted:

I don't understand why the Bears are even entertaining playing Fields against the Jets. He's proven he can go, they aren't going to make the playoffs, might as well put Fields on IR and tank the rest of the season to get the highest pick possible.

You still need your young quarterback to get snap to get better. We're only like a month out from many people writing this kid off.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

syzpid posted:

Teams don't really tank once they have a QB already. (Or think they have one)

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Fields is like 1 month into playing decent football. Crowning him as the next Lamar is probably inappropriate. If they’re not risking further injury he should play as much as possible.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/1575155582805413891

Benford is week to week on an ankle injury, Dawkins is day to day, also with an ankle issue. Bates in in concussion protocol. Miller is out.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Pablo Bluth posted:

Benford is week to week on an ankle injury, Dawkins is day to day, also with an ankle issue. Bates in in concussion protocol. Miller is out.
We really need the mini-bye after the Pats game.
And also we really need to win that game. 0-3 in the division would be quite a hole.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Pablo Bluth posted:

September 28th tweet? It's telling that it's 11/26 and we couldn't tell the difference based just on the injuries.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I was trying to find the a tweet that had the best summary of the injuries and I didn't notice twitter giving me an old tweet. I'm actually glad it's not as bad as it sounds from that tweet!

Dawkins, Benford and Miller are all new injuries. Return of Groot and Epenesa still unknown. Hopefully White and Elam can in shape to pick up more load next week.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Just absolutely need some edge rushers. Mac looked really good until the end of the game when the pressure finally started to connect.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Smart GMs trade for an edge rusher right before they lose one for the season.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I’ll take it. Though I wanted to see how the Jets game planned for Fields.

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/1596574559637065732?s=46&t=9ovgmiumrEg3MrnX7qpJ_g

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

I’ll take it. Though I wanted to see how the Jets game planned for Fields.

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/1596574559637065732?s=46&t=9ovgmiumrEg3MrnX7qpJ_g

I hope they play him instead of Siemian.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
It would be very funny to see Nate Peterman play again

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

It would be very funny to see Nate Peterman play again

Particularly against Sauce.

I imagine Montgomery will be expecting 50 carries

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

tarbrush posted:

Particularly against Sauce.

I imagine Montgomery will be expecting 50 carries

They’ll throw the ball a few times to Mooney on a couple screens and Herbert will get some dump offs in the flat to take away from Montgomerys carries.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

I hope they play him instead of Siemian.

I too live in fear of the Trevor Siemian revenge game

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Bunch of roster moves for the Bills.

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1596609743434371074

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

We’re getting our rookie RT back. That’s good.

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1596613735766188032

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mitchell and Herbig are both playing. Should be able to run the ball tomorrow.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Even toast he’s probably better than Dane was

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Holy poo poo John brown’s back

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Benford had a rough game a few days ago but I think he's pretty good for a 6th round rookie and will develop over time. That position group has been really hurt. We need cbs really bad. I think the only thing that can save the defense if Von is seriously injured is getting another piece like Tre back. I think Von covers up for the cbs with pressure. If both the cbs and Von continue to be out they are pretty much compromised on that side of the ball and the only smart move then is to sign OBJ and hope we can outscore other teams.

The only outside hope their defense has is if they are able to

I still am so legit sad that Romo called Dane Jackson a future superstar. I like Romo but he needs to do his prep and studying before making an rear end of himself on national TV.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Although Re: Bills Defense

If Edmunds can come back and Oliver is dominant like against the Lions, the Bills may be able to generate interior pressure like they did against Detroit so they still won't be a sieve hopefully.

But still Von Miller brings a lot to that team.
It's going to be a critical decision for the Bills in terms of what they are going to do with him.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

t a s t e posted:

Holy poo poo John brown’s back
As I understand it, Gentry has had his three elevated games and I'm guessing they're not overkeen on making him a permanent fixture. At the same time, they've started the clock on Marquez Stevenson's return from IR. I'm guessing Brown is a game day elevation for at least the NE game.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Wonder what Smoke has left. Can't be worse than Gentry.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

fsif posted:

Wonder what Smoke has left. Can't be worse than Gentry.

I was surprised when the Ravens signed DeSean loving Jackson over him.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

They didn't need to start the 21 day countdown on Marquez Stevenson's return from IR but they did, so they must have a potential plan on him being WR5. He's either got to be on the 53 for the Jets game or he's out for the year.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Man the Bills Insta just posted a clip from Diggs's press conference and Allen sounds incredibly depressed.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClcEBMrtQgP/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Dorsey effect

I wonder if hypercritical self assessment helps or hurts more

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeesh

https://twitter.com/BillsStats/status/1596364697921794048?s=20&t=FMJpqEMfIbWM8W1bSpaddw

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The preseason hype of Gabe Davis, elite WR, is not going as planned.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Allen is going to do that to more than a few guys throughout his career

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

t a s t e posted:

Allen is going to do that to more than a few guys throughout his career

Nah not if their good enough.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, I meant that he'll pump some #2 up to look like a #1 because he kicks rear end

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

t a s t e posted:

Well, I meant that he'll pump some #2 up to look like a #1 because he kicks rear end
I mean, playing across from Diggs helps.
Even more than playing across, from, say....Eric Moulds would help.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1596823715190390784

I think he’s 100% being shut down for the year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Maybe they can trade him for a 2 somewhere similar to what the Cards got for Josh Rosen to some team who thinks they can fix him. It's not like other teams didn't like him coming out of college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1596823715190390784

I think he’s 100% being shut down for the year.

“It’s not about decision making.” I exclaim, as my QB throws some of the dumbest INTs anyone has ever seen