Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

On the lighter side of things (well, not for Australia I suppose)

https://twitter.com/HardHeadlines/status/1595618624156274689?s=20&t=9G87IG-KzTmUHLr8fGzsAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I mean there is a good reason for doing it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

chitoryu12 posted:

url]https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1595528389011595276[/url]

The shooter also would normally have been banned from buying a gun from possible felony charges, but grandpa used his influence to get everything dropped.

https://twitter.com/dillerdime39/status/1595538466867380224

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
So meth doesn't make you a republican and Ambien doesn't make you racist. I hope someone somewhere is keeping a list of all the drugs that are safe.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/DefectorMedia/status/1596156861241516039

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
More like @defecatormedia

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

quote:

Five of the pediatricians recovered their Lego heads in a matter of days. One pediatrician never recovered his Lego head.

That one laughing his arse off at the other six falling for his "comb through your turds for days until you find a tiny plastic head" prank.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MatthewBevan/status/1595996895213592581

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I love when people use the word "gift" to describe something they are being forced to give.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Lady Disdain posted:

I love when people use the word "gift" to describe something they are being forced to give.

Gifts are an act of agression.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

evobatman posted:

It is in German.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Just had a ptsd flashback to my brother pinning me down and farting on me when I was 6 :stonk:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And his rectum is singing the fart?!:kstare:

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

No, a lego head fell out.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

evobatman posted:

Calm down, Marcel Mauss.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

evobatman posted:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I speak for all of us when I demand more context.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

By popular demand posted:

I speak for all of us when I demand more context.

He's French

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Full story is he was fired for not coming out for drinks after work and was therefore considered "not fun" / "boring" and he successfully sued to be get his job back via the right to be boring.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Is he running for office? We could use more boring people in politics.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tesseraction posted:

Full story is he was fired for not coming out for drinks after work and was therefore considered "not fun" / "boring" and he successfully sued to be get his job back via the right to be boring.

Also, the firm was encouraging extremely unprofessional behavior like sexual jokes and pranks, offensive nicknames for coworkers, and putting up photoshopped pictures and memes of employees in offices. He didn't want to get involved in constant after-work benders and sharing beds with colleagues to spank them so they got pissed.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

chitoryu12 posted:

Also, the firm was encouraging extremely unprofessional behavior like sexual jokes and pranks, offensive nicknames for coworkers, and putting up photoshopped pictures and memes of employees in offices. He didn't want to get involved in constant after-work benders and sharing beds with colleagues to spank them so they got pissed.

Where do I apply

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

He didn't want to get involved in constant after-work benders and sharing beds with colleagues to spank them so they got pissed.

Is he sure he's French?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Personally imagining he works at a strip club.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

.... that's not murder?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Potato Salad posted:

.... that's not murder?

It almost certainly would be murder one in Virginia.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
OK so after a little googling it was a hospice not a nursing home and he was already dying of severe frostbite and both his feet were necrotic. So still a horrible breach of medical ethics but not quite as Misery-esque as it sounded.

e: frostbite from before he got there, to be clear.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 03:16 on Nov 27, 2022

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Look, none of us like to think about where the taxidermied feet on our bookshelves come from, but sometimes you have have to face reality. It's the circle of life.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Splicer posted:

OK so after a little googling it was a hospice not a nursing home and he was already dying of severe frostbite and both his feet were necrotic. So still a horrible breach of medical ethics but not quite as Misery-esque as it sounded.

e: frostbite from before he got there, to be clear.

I mean not to drag this out further, but why not wait till he was you know, dead? Why cut off a living man's foot?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
The frostbite does change things slightly; not so much ethically, of course, but practically. Far less to worry about in terms of blood loss and nerve damage when you're cutting off a necrotic foot than with a healthy one. Still absolutely loving potty, though.

Zil posted:

I mean not to drag this out further, but why not wait till he was you know, dead? Why cut off a living man's foot?

I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that her motives for amputating his food weren't purely to do with getting his foot; I assume she also thought she might've been helping him. (Or perhaps I'm just being naïve.)

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Zil posted:

If the feet are getting necrotic then they might rot too much before he dies, I guess?

I get the feeling that this lady is either not firing on all cylinders or this is the tail end of a long process of risk habitation as her crimes got gradually bolder.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

True statement: necrotic tissue is often removed by a doctor
Also true: in a time of major crisis any health provider might need to act as a doctor
Therefore in a very deranged mind: why even wait?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I get the feeling that this lady is either not firing on all cylinders or this is the tail end of a long process of risk habitation as her crimes got gradually bolder.

It's one of these, I don't see any reasonable route to escalating to an untrained amputation as a hospice nurse just wanting to help someone. It's just way too horrific and involved for an average person to go to without having some sort of major issue.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

So the news is that UK media finally hired a single sane man? It's a start.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The FT hasn't painted a flattering image of Brexit, but this opinion piece is just hilarious.

quote:

Barack Obama famously said “don’t do stupid stuff”. (Actually, he said something even stronger.) This is always good advice. It is particularly good advice for today’s UK. It would be wonderful if it could start doing sensible stuff. But one must keep one’s hopes in check. It should, however, surely be possible to stop doing really stupid stuff.

[...]

I have little hope that this government will do anything much positive before the next general election, particularly in the midst of an energy and inflation crisis. But it is not too much to ask it to stop doing stupid things. So, do not consider regulatory changes unless they will clearly be for the better. Do not promise control over migration you cannot deliver. Do not stick to the option of divergence on food standards, which makes resolving the issue of Northern Ireland so intractable. But do try hard to preserve the ability of our scientists to co-operate closely with their European peers. And, not least, do stop the endless barking by the British bulldog.

Tackling big problems may now be impossible. But, even though the government is now in a deep hole, it can at least stop digging it deeper.

"Please stop being stupid, I beg you" on the front page of the FT? :discourse:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

At this point the advice should be "stop trying to raise the corpse of Margret Thatcher with a mass sacrifice of poor people, that is not how it works and the devil is upset you're trying to snatch his bride."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Replacing Lady Jane Beige with Handsomer Scrooge wasn’t the winning move they expected it to be?