Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Xiahou Dun posted:

I mean, they've been on each other's shows and seem pretty friendly. Jordan's entire Twitter existence is causing people to be salty, Andrew and Thomas are the kinds of guys who like to get salty.

Oh sure, but I stopped listening to OA and anything else Thomas does because of how bad he is about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Shinji2015 posted:

Personally, no. Both Andrew and especially Thomas (on separate occasions) have gotten really salty over a couple of Jordan's Twitter takes and complained about them over in the OpenArgs FB group. I don't know if JorDan have seen any of the comments they've made, but they probably shouldn't have anything more to do with them.

The GAM/CogDis guys, you can definitely include them though

That's unfortunate. Andrew's legal analysis is the kind of poo poo I'm looking for and will now listen with that sad bit of knowledge. If there are other resources like him, I'd be happy to try them out, too.

edit: Morgan Stringer is still cool, right? She says gently caress every third word, just like my friends, so she's grown on me.

Marsupial Ape fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Nov 22, 2022

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Marsupial Ape posted:

That's unfortunate. Andrew's legal analysis is the kind of poo poo I'm looking for and will now listen with that sad bit of knowledge. If there are other resources like him, I'd be happy to try them out, too.

edit: Morgan Stringer is still cool, right? She says gently caress every third word, just like my friends, so she's grown on me.

Couldn't say one way or the other!

Anyways, I didn't mean to derail the thread, so to get it back on track (cross-posting from the Right-Wing Media thread in D&D):

OgNar posted:

Alex Jones has a personal trainer to keep him in the most potatoest shape he can.

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1594814993824108544

https://www.rawstory.com/alex-jones-sandy-hook-2658729035/

"...a new examination of financial records conducted by the Washington Post reveals that Jones has been moving money around in a way that may be designed to make it harder for the families to collect.

"As the potential for damages mounted, Jones began moving millions of dollars out of his company, Free Speech Systems, and into companies controlled by himself, friends or relatives," the paper reports. "The transfers potentially put those funds out of reach of the Sandy Hook plaintiffs."

Among other things, the Post found that Jones "started paying his personal trainer $100,000 a week to help ship supplements and other merchandise" and that "a company managed by Jones’s sister and listed as a 'supplier or vendor' was paid $240,000" for its services."

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
They gave Jordan some poo poo for his bad tweet in the wake of the Supreme Court overrunning Roe v Wade

"Every Democrat who says 'vote' today should be tossed into the loving sun. gently caress all of you."

Understandable that Jordan was mad as poo poo and did some rage tweeting. Understandable on OAs part to push back on any suggestion that voting doesn't matter.

OA612 Supreme Court - How We Got Here

This was a recorded presentation Andrew gave

Were there other tweets they didn't like?

Hopefully soon there will just be no more tweets. That seems best.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 22, 2022

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Tree Dude posted:

Hopefully soon there will just be no more tweets. That seems best.

Mastodon has been very chill, so far. I am interested to see if it can maintain momentum.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m dreading the latest KF episodes if IW covers what happened in Colorado. Well, not so much the KF bit but I know Alex is going to somehow become more irredeemable

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I'm definitely going to have to give those episodes a miss. Only recently I was able to listen to the christchurch shooting one and I wanted to scream directly at Alex Jones more than I ever have in my life. Give me more Alex Jones getting owned by the courts again please. That's the good stuff.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
There’s a live hearing now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzIXjXcN5Ps

Edit: Bankston is speaking in the Texas court, seems to be about the Bankruptcy

Edit 2: Talking about the time during Bankruptcy when the plaintiffs dropped (non-suited) Infowars LLC from their lawsuit. It went:

1. Infowars LLC has no assets and does nothing, has no contracts, per Alex's team
2. Non-suited Infowars LLC
3. Infowars LLC owns the IP, website, does business, per Alex's team

Bankston says that's fraud

Edit 3: Asking for sanctions, to repay costs due to the April trial getting postponed due to the fraudulent bankruptcy, at a minimum

Devor fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 22, 2022

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
They're on break for 20 minutes, when they come back they're going to talk about sanctions for trial conduct

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/speechwrs/status/1595091913929101312

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

This was in response to Reynad's defense lawyer asking for an opportunity to respond to Bankston's response

Bankston - argument
Reynad's lawyer - counter-argument
Bankston - response

Judge - break time

Reynad's lawyer - we'd actually like a chance to respond to..

Judge - Well there is a way that these things work, and that's not it, <that tweet>

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Judge Gamble overturned the cap in the Texas case so Jones is on the hook for the full amount.

https://twitter.com/MoString/status/1595184864227115009

https://twitter.com/MoString/status/1595174828700536853

Bankston was making his arguments for the cap to be overturned and she just handed him the shortcut and applied it immediately, amazing stuff.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

witches(Larry Nichols voice)

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

NEW FORMULAIC OBJECTIONS! This time they're covering Alex's piece of poo poo father.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Like they said, it was interesting to see somebody who seemed to at least conceptually understand the idea of a deposition and who didn't just constantly gently caress themselves on the stand. Even if it makes for more frustrating listening.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Just keep in mind that despite his bullshit, the "we try to emulate spikes" line is probably the worst thing for Alex from any of the depositions

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Given the discrepancies in the voices and demeanors between father and son, there were shades of an IRL Cornelius and Pierce Hawthorne.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

JaneError posted:

Given the discrepancies in the voices and demeanors between father and son, there were shades of an IRL Cornelius and Pierce Hawthorne.

We just couldn’t hear the ivory wig.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Xiahou Dun posted:

We just couldn’t hear the ivory wig.
You're practically a Finn

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
I get it, Elon Musk won't let Alex Jones back on Twitter because he doesn't want competition
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1596428695090044928

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Elon can’t understand why don’t just ask our dad for some emeralds.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I know Elon's a huge dumbass and it shouldn't bother me, but legit, there have been True Detective Rust Cohle "We should just join hand-in-hand and walk into extinction" people for the last century or two that I know of casually from dumb trivia. The idea that it's a new woke thing is so loving dumb.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Here’s a preview of what AJ will inevitably talk about constantly next week:

https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1596675465019887622?s=46&t=czo7ZrtFxOlGPb6yD4vrKA

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Piell posted:

I get it, Elon Musk won't let Alex Jones back on Twitter because he doesn't want competition
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1596428695090044928

that's been around since the fuckin 90s at least, gently caress off, muskrat

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I started listening to this a week or two ago, and have listened to the first 3 episodes, along with some of the newer ones around the Sandy Hook trial and the couple recommended in the OP, and the Bill Ayers interview was by far the most fun one just because the guy dunked on Alex so loving hard and to a large degree, Alex didn't even seem to know what to do with it beyond constantly shift the narrative in hopes he'd stumble in to some kind of answer. Plus, I'd never heard of Bill Ayers, but he seemed like an interesting dude and Jordan's reactions to him were great. However, there's just no way I'm going through all 700 odd episodes of this, because the subject matter isn't that interesting or entertaining. I'm not looking for "Alex is humiliated" stuff as such, but are there any other recommendations for episodes with interestings guests, or where Jordan gets really into it; or just Alex gets inadvertantly humiliated will do too, I guess, since it probably has more of Jordan laughing his rear end off in the background, mic down to save the audio?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
#559: Noam Man's Land

quote:

In this installment, Alex Jones has one of the most confusing interviews of his career with Noam Chomsky.

It's an absolutely wild episode imo.

#114: Piers Morgan Interview

dito. Just in a "let them fight" kind of way.

#698: For Squatch, There Are No Heroes

Not Alex Jones, and just… what?

And the absolute most insane double-episode howler is #703 and #704, where we learn who was behind 9/11 It's the EU

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

#30: April 14, 2017

Wherein Jordan learns about the proud boys for the first time.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Alex Jones is still banned in Twitter? I heard Prison Planet is back.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

He is. PJ Dubs was never banned.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The 9/11 ep was wild for a number of reasons:

1: Alex is kind of smugly “I told you it would happen” about it and not at all upset about it. If it’d happen today he’d read The Book of Revelation live on air while painting his body in chicken blood.

2: going in hard with it being the EU.

3: having Joe Rogan in as a guest for a prolonged interview where Rogan runs circles around Alex and completely dismantles his knee jerk theory crafting. Turns out Rogan was somewhat less of a tool 20 years ago…

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I started listening right after jan 6th and found the poo poo show that was the infowars coverage very fascinating, mostly because Alex was on the ground and the fill in host (Harrison, I think) completely hosed up the narrative, declaring victory, and Alex kept having to call in with the antifa taking points.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

BigglesSWE posted:

The 9/11 ep was wild for a number of reasons:

1: Alex is kind of smugly “I told you it would happen” about it and not at all upset about it. If it’d happen today he’d read The Book of Revelation live on air while painting his body in chicken blood.

2: going in hard with it being the EU.

3: having Joe Rogan in as a guest for a prolonged interview where Rogan runs circles around Alex and completely dismantles his knee jerk theory crafting. Turns out Rogan was somewhat less of a tool 20 years ago…

It was eye opening hearing that after all the other poo poo that's in knowledge fight.

Like the book I heard on Jones before that-even in behind the bastards- was that "yeah he said it was going to happen but that's just because he said literally all possible disasters were going to happen"

Now I see all the other stuff he says he "predicted" and it's almost all bullshit. The only thing I feel comfortable saying now is that he was the first to cash in on it with loose change.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I started listening to Knowledge Fight after the "Perry Mason" moment in Alex's trial, and like a month or so ago started listening from the beginning, which I can do while at work. The first thing that I really enjoyed was that I was dying laughing at Alex describing some lady as "the record holder for most time spent on a boat while pregnant that capsized". The second part I really enjoyed was the dude who alledged that Ronald Reagan was gay because someone had a showing party of a home movie of a lady Peggin' Reagan. The third thing so far was the diversion and amazing twists of the world of Mark Richards and the Raptors.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Fast forwarding through Ancient Apocalypse hoping that Sweary Kerry shows up

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Fast forwarding through Ancient Apocalypse hoping that Sweary Kerry shows up

Why is she called that anyway?

I’ve listened to the first couple Project Camelot episodes and a fair chunk of the back catalogue but I guess I’ve missed her getting dubbed Sweary and being outed as an anti-Semite.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Xiahou Dun posted:

Why is she called that anyway?

I’ve listened to the first couple Project Camelot episodes and a fair chunk of the back catalogue but I guess I’ve missed her getting dubbed Sweary and being outed as an anti-Semite.
Keep listening. "Sweary Kerry" makes the title for #177, and that's the 9th Project Camelot episode

As far as the straight-up Protocols anti-semitism, I think that was only noticed late in the three dozen episodes covering Project Camelot

or maybe the fourth, #125:

quote:

Today, Dan and Jordan need to take a break from talking about Alex Jones, so they descend into the deep, murky waters of Project Camelot. In this installment, they break down an interview between Kerry Cassidy and a remote viewer named Courtney Brown about a war in heaven. Also, the gents learn about Courtney's incredibly troubling past.

stringless fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Nov 28, 2022

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The Sweary Kerry CD is one of my favourite moments. Big floppy penis is also a new classic.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Oh what a surprise that a significant portion of today’s ep is Troyer and AJ whining over Twitter. “I don’t even wanna be on Twitter” yeah okay buddy.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

Oh what a surprise that a significant portion of today’s ep is Troyer and AJ whining over Twitter. “I don’t even wanna be on Twitter” yeah okay buddy.

Yeah lol

Owen is so goddamn bad, jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

And yet, and *yet*, he is no Harrison Smith. The Jan 6th ep is borderline unlistenable just because of his wet towel of a voice.