Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
The best phone is you want to get away from spyware poo poo is still actually a Google pixel, because they are (the only?) manufacturer that supports loading another OS on your phone without voiding the warranty and loving your bootloader security. Put GrapheneOS, CalyxOS or Lineage on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Orange Devil posted:

Also this is the US fighting back against China producing everything and thereby enabling the CPC to capture and control a larger percentage of the surplus. Same with the trade war and tariffs.

Does feel a bit like closing the door after all the horses have left the stable.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

hot date tonight! posted:

The best phone is you want to get away from spyware poo poo is still actually a Google pixel, because they are (the only?) manufacturer that supports loading another OS on your phone without voiding the warranty and loving your bootloader security. Put GrapheneOS, CalyxOS or Lineage on it.

He's right. I don't anymore because lol but

Tap on your build number a few tomes
Enable Usb debugging
Adb fastboot reboot
Put in your chosen OS

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Isentropy posted:

He's right. I don't anymore because lol but

Tap on your build number a few tomes
Enable Usb debugging
Adb fastboot reboot
Put in your chosen OS

I think Huawei and Moto do as well.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Can anyone follow the logic here?

quote:

Some historians explain this as part of Stalin's plan to take complete control of Crimea. The Soviet sought access to the Dardanelles and control of territory in Turkey, where the Crimean Tatars had ethnic kin. By painting the Crimean Tatars as traitors, this taint could be extended to their kin.[108]

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Can anyone follow the logic here?

1. paint the Crimean Tatars as traitors
2. put your money where your mouth is by deporting them
3. extend the traitorous accusation to the Crimean Tatars in Turkey
4. this serves as a casus belli for invading Turkey
5. invade Turkey and seize the Dardanelles

3 is the one that doesn't really make sense because how can you be traitorous to a nation that you don't already belong to but that's the closest thing I can figure

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

1) Invent reasons why Galicia is not just part of a historical “Ukraine”, but the beating heart of Ukraine and embodiment of a national culture

2) Explain Galician collaboration in the Holocaust and support for the Third Reich

3) Explain why central Ukraine was the centre of 19th pogroms in the Russian Empire and Galicia the same in Austro-Hungarian Empire during the Polish Revolt

4) Create a fictional homogenous “Ukrainian” race in support of the current nationalist project and describe that as the currently existing situation. As that is clearly not the historical case, blame the homogeny (which they wish to create) as the result of past Soviet actions

5) The existing Tatar, Roma, Jewish, Russian etc. populations can be violently repressed as within this historical narrative they don’t exist and were previously driven out by the Judeo-Bolsheviks

6) How you do this about the Polish population that was a significant percentage of the Ukrainian population pre-1941 while retaining Polish support, volunteers and arms, I can’t say

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

1) Invent reasons why Galicia is not just part of a historical “Ukraine”, but the beating heart of Ukraine and embodiment of a national culture

2) Explain Galician collaboration in the Holocaust and support for the Third Reich

3) Explain why central Ukraine was the centre of 19th pogroms in the Russian Empire and Galicia the same in Austro-Hungarian Empire during the Polish Revolt

4) Create a fictional homogenous “Ukrainian” race in support of the current nationalist project and describe that as the currently existing situation. As that is clearly not the historical case, blame the homogeny (which they wish to create) as the result of past Soviet actions

5) The existing Tatar, Roma, Jewish, Russian etc. populations can be violently repressed as within this historical narrative they don’t exist and were previously driven out by the Judeo-Bolsheviks

6) How you do this about the Polish population that was a significant percentage of the Ukrainian population pre-1941 while retaining Polish support, volunteers and arms, I can’t say

ukraine has already launched missiles at poland

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Honest Thief posted:

huwaei phones being sold without access to google services is crazy, why would anyone buy them now?

They sold half of the business, so the Honor branded phones can have google play store now.

As for the other half of Huawei phones, do you know every phone inside China use non-google App Store anyway. Like Xiaomi store, or OPPO store. So using a Huawei phone without google inside China is never an issue. It's just that it's very hard to use it outside of China.

I have Huawei phones made before the sanction and after the sanction. Big difference in how you use them. Short answer is I just stoped using it. Didn't bother to jump thru the loops. If you are a phone nerd, you can afford to get more phones anyway.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

If only Catherine The Great were still in charge.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hey, Margaret Thatcher was a dove, wasn't she?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hillary Clinton never killed nobody.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

vince foster

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Maria Theresa is the mother of the Ukrainian nation.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lies.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1596518951642714112

Hell yeah

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Surprised at labour still repeating these antisemitic theories after they worked so hard to get rid of Jeremy Corbyn because of it.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

kieth

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/sigh0ps/status/1583231022938066945?t=Pds7_bH3UmexIAe7iO0kVA&s=19

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022/11/27/why-ukraine-should-not-accept-a-dayton-accords-style-peace

at the spectre of peace being raised everyone's coming out of the woodwork to push for more war.

quote:

The Ukrainian president has promised to liberate occupied territories, including Crimea. If he compromises on Ukrainian territorial integrity, this would undermine his standing at home and weaken the morale of his forces. It would also make all of Ukraine’s internationally recognised territory negotiable – not just the portions Russia now occupies. Thus, there would never be a guarantee that the country would be safe from future invasions or territorial claims.

[...]

A flawed peace rendered my country deeply dysfunctional and undermined its security and development. This has been readily exploited by Russia, which has gained a local client, in the form of Republika Srpska’s leadership, and is able to undermine stability in the Balkans and Europe as a whole. Zelenskyy would do well to remind his Western partners of this precedent and urge them not to make unreasonable demands for early peace talks.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Lostconfused posted:

Surprised at labour still repeating these antisemitic theories after they worked so hard to get rid of Jeremy Corbyn because of it.

yeah weird isn’t it

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

spacetoaster posted:

that’s Rich

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/dana916/status/1596672986005884928

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lmao

https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1596868069674323968

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

cool so if you raise questions about the holodomor in germany you can expect to be put in jail?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Obviously Stephen King is not sexist enough to say a woman can't lead a war as well as a man. So the only interpretation is a female Russian president would have mobilized half mil troops from Feb and crashed Kiev in a month. With the battle of Kiev destroying most of the city and reaching a stalemate, the Ukrainian government in Lviv would have to sue for peace by the end of the year.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

cool so if you raise questions about the holodomor in germany you can expect to be put in jail?

genericnick posted:

Finally Germany has achieved its final form: It's illegal to distribute Nazi propaganda and not to distribute Nazi propaganda.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

speng31b posted:

my commute was hosed today because they shut down Hitler Fwy for construction. had to cut across Goebbels Pkwy

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I guess academic conferences regarding Soviet history are not going to be possible in Germany at this point, it is just too imcompatible with the current concensus.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

$20,000 trench warfare DLC and it’s just a bucket with muddy water you have to put your feet in for 6 hours at a time

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ardennes posted:

I guess academic conferences regarding Soviet history are not going to be possible in Germany at this point, it is just too imcompatible with the current concensus.

going to report everyone here (including myself) to the proper german authorities. nice knowing you

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
QCS has been renamed to "German authorities"

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Lol I don't know why I didn't mention von braun or all the stuff named after him in Huntsville but lol

quote:

“It’s very Utilitarian,” she said about Von Braun’s German influences on the home’s design. “There’s not a lot of frills.”

https://whnt.com/news/former-wernher-von-braun-house-for-sale-in-huntsville/

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

I remember seeing this being claimed around a month ago. Is it supposed to have happened again?

Another confusing aspect of this war is that sometimes the journalists gnash at the bit and break a story 10 minutes after the Ukrainians send a missile at Poland, and then sometimes they repackage something that happened ages ago.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The Iranian advisors, much like HIMARS crews, have been killed like 5 times by now.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i will personally kill any and all advisors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Looked at /r/worldnews for the first time in a while. It is just bloodthirsty propaganda against China, Russia, and Iran now lol. All the posters there can’t wait to start WWIII