Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

They just keep making characters that get significantly more powerful when speed boosted and then going "woops, how come Lucio is meta all the time? what a mystery." don't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Jack Trades posted:

The same as when they said that he's "the first character with multiple modes".
They're just making up bullshit so that people get more excited to fork out :10bux: to get to play him in a reasonable manner.

Ah lol okay. Also I thought OW2's design was supposed to move away from tanks with shields guess not

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Speed effects were probably a mistake at this point. They add variety and utility, but having too many of them makes the game much more difficult to play. The Kiriko Ult feels like it makes it harder to play on both sides.

Tracking and AIMing is rougher than ever.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/overwatch/23875436/building-a-revolutionary-an-inside-look-at-ramattra-with-the-hero-design-team

Ramattra sounds pretty OP.

Nemesis fists pierce shields and suck effects.
The antiflyer ability is also antijump and slow.
And Ultimate form does AoE Damage and half the enemy damage AND doesn't end as long as there is enemies in the area.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I bought the skin cause I thought the sheen look cool but the Blizzard decided that I shouldn't get to keep the thing that I bought.

No refunds.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

Jack Trades posted:

I bought the skin cause I thought the sheen look cool but the Blizzard decided that I shouldn't get to keep the thing that I bought.

No refunds.

Stop buying 10$ skins for the game you hate.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

celewign posted:

Stop buying 10$ skins for the game you hate.

It's a legacy credit skin.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yesterday I decided to play some comp and 3 games ended within 2 minutes because people left or were kicked for inactivity, and another had a tank ragequit after they kept walking straight into the enemy team and feeding over and over again. So I think I had a total of 7 or 8 games and 4 of them had leavers.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
you know if like ... Zen or Cassidy didn't exist and they released them as new heroes I wonder how many extra abilities they'd give to them. Because neither of them has a particularly loaded kit, right?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

just lol that they're releasing a tank that's "three other tanks but better"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

They seem to constantly show that "Whoa, Ramattra will be the first tank to be able to counter flying heroes!" but I really don't see how it would be practical.
His ability needs to be aimed at the ground, while a Pharah would be up in the air and constantly dodging. You're not hitting her with that ability unless she's stupid, it's not a large enough AoE.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

just lol that they're releasing a tank that's "three other tanks but better"

And that you have to grind to unlock... or pony up some real cash. Classic Blizz!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1596931368046452736?s=20&t=dxymtl5-73lZxj9SayHPkQ

As I suspected, they're already cannibalising PvE content for PvP.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Pattonesque posted:

you know if like ... Zen or Cassidy didn't exist and they released them as new heroes I wonder how many extra abilities they'd give to them. Because neither of them has a particularly loaded kit, right?

Idk, sojourn, JQ, and the cat lady are basically just rehashes of other characters.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i have no idea how you read kiriko as a rehash. is it just because she has a wall climb?

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Yeah I don't know what y'all mean. I can't think of any characters that are redundant or play in a similar way, except that some abilities had to be converted to boring damage since they took out CC.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Idk, sojourn, JQ, and the cat lady are basically just rehashes of other characters.

yeah but they have a lot of Stuff to do. earlier characters have less Stuff to do

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

"...we created his Nemesis form because we still needed him to be a tank." :dogstare:

That's quite the Hero design process, I wonder what they call it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

headcase posted:

Yeah I don't know what y'all mean. I can't think of any characters that are redundant or play in a similar way, except that some abilities had to be converted to boring damage since they took out CC.

The closest I guess is Sojourn being like a Widow/Soldier hybrid, but better in every way lmao.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

teagone posted:

The closest I guess is Sojourn being like a Widow/Soldier hybrid, but better in every way lmao.

Yeah but soldier is better taking a slow slog to high ground and using his healing and playing generally like COD. Soj just farms railgun charge, then plays like a sniper and controls space with her grenade while flying around like a madwoman. It feels really different.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

headcase posted:

Which female dps hero with a rapid-fire LMB, perfect accuracy one-shot kill RMB, a DoT AoE E ability, great mobility Shift that allows her to get to high-ground easily, and a Q that facilitates her making many insta-kill headshots under a limited time-frame, is your favorite?

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 27, 2022

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

:females:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Which female dps hero with a rapid-fire LMB, perfect accuracy one-shot kill RMB, a DoT AoE E ability, great mobility Shift that allows her to get to high-ground easily, and a Q that facilitates her making many insta-kill headshots under a limited time-frame, is your favorite?

IMO she's just a better version of soldier with the notable exception of the heal/dot swap.

Edit: vvvvv yeah she's got that ashe-like mobility and aoe dot but she can actually 1-shot KO

Cpt_Obvious fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 27, 2022

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I think the record-scratch any-direction-including-vertical mobility is more notable than the other utilities.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

OP used female as an adjective, not a noun :confused:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Soldier 76 is the best girl, ofc.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Hopefully the next hero is girl winston. Winstina

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I can't believe how hard they're pushing the "Ramattra is so innovative" narrative when he's literally just the same concept as Bastion but a Tank.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Countblanc posted:

i have no idea how you read kiriko as a rehash. is it just because she has a wall climb?

Obviously, wall climbing is what distinguishes Japanese characters from other characters in the OW universe, as all japanese people can climb walls.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Jack Trades posted:

I can't believe how hard they're pushing the "Ramattra is so innovative" narrative when he's literally just the same concept as Bastion but a Tank.

Bastion is already a tank you dummy

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

BabyRyoga posted:

Obviously, wall climbing is what distinguishes Japanese characters from other characters in the OW universe, as all japanese people can climb walls.

blizz must think its a racial passive

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Oh cool new tank has another slow down ability like Sojourn because that poo poo isnt annoying to play against. Very cool of them to just copy and paste an ability from their other recent hero.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

It's way different because it's a cylinder and not a dome thanks.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it also doesnt deal damage which is a pretty big part of what makes sojourn's as annoying as it is

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I dunno why they thought giving sojourn a delete button was a good idea but I hate it.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Countblanc posted:

it also doesnt deal damage which is a pretty big part of what makes sojourn's as annoying as it is

According to the skillsheet posted on the previous page it does do damage. Probably doesn't do enough damage to kill most dps/support heroes by itself like Sojourn's does though, but it would be very funny if it did

Sojourn's way too loving good lol

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
oh really? i stand corrected. yeah it'll definitely be less at least.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Apparently his staff gets Kiriko headshot multiplier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaW_ruhSAJg

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
headshots normally do 2x right? it looks like that's what this does - he shoots the cassidy and zen for the same duration and the cassidy goes to just above half health. i assume the "increased damage on a headshot" line is simply pointing out that it can headshot, which is not universally true for projectile/beams (I'm honestly not sure which of these that is lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Issaries posted:

Apparently his staff gets Kiriko headshot multiplier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaW_ruhSAJg

Very cool, Nemesis form punches reach about a hundred miles out, go through barriers, and your ult lasts indefinitely so long as an enemy is in range

I guess the counterplay is just to kill his team before he kills you, since the only thing he has to protect his teammates normally is a wall shield on a long cooldown and body blocking, but that ult is really, really dumb